PDA

View Full Version : Why is Bonds so hated?

Paris of Troy
4/25/2006, 02:13 PM
I'd like to know. Is it because he's a jerk to the press? He's not the only one. Is it because he used steroids? He's not the only one.

Do you think race has anything to do with it? Barry would say so.

Is race at all a factor in the Bonds story?

What do you think?

walkoffsooner
4/25/2006, 02:24 PM
I love to watch him bat. The only thing I have agains't him is he is a racist.

colleyvillesooner
4/25/2006, 02:51 PM
The home run record has alot to do with it.

GrapevineSooner
4/25/2006, 02:57 PM
Only Barry thinks it's because of race.

Nevermind that there have been numerous black athletes in all sports that have been loved by the masses because of their personality.

Like Sammy Sosa was in the Summer of 98.

It's a combination of the fact he's a jerk towards the press and a lying, remorseless cheater.

Scott D
4/25/2006, 03:01 PM
erm...Sosa's not black...he's 'latino' ;)

It's because Bonds tends to be a polarizing figure, either you like him or you don't. And via the media he seems to give you a lot of reasons to either not like him, or to be very unsympathetic to him.

Sooner in Tampa
4/27/2006, 07:52 AM
Because he is a cheating, lying, atagonistict, and rascist piece of ****!

Other than that he is allright.

tulsaoilerfan
4/27/2006, 08:20 AM
Because he's a jerk to the fans; he should take some lessons in class from Cal Ripken Jr.

John

Herr Scholz
4/27/2006, 05:09 PM
His teammates always hate him. You don't need to look any further than that.

And the posters here are correct that it's Barry who's the racist, not the other way around. "I don't sign for white people..."

snp
4/27/2006, 05:38 PM
You even follow the game of baseball? It's pretty obvious why everyone hates him.

For me personally:

I hate the way he bats. He wears knight's armor out to the plate and crowds it like no one's business. Then when he gets brushed back he takes major offense.

Every time a strike is thrown and it's borderline, he cries and whines about it.

He's a racist.

He's a cheat - in baseball and in marriage.

He's a liar.

He interupts sports center for pop flies to the infield.

He has his own TV show based upon everything previously discussed.

His enormous melon messes with my satellite feed.

Sooner in Tampa
4/28/2006, 05:27 AM
Let me add that if he hits a ground ball...it is a minor miracle if he runs more than half way down the line...he is just a biotch

Cam
4/28/2006, 08:52 PM
I have never seen a Bonds piece on tv and thought: Man, that's one classy individual.

Pro athletes who treat fans like **** suck.

mrowl
5/1/2006, 05:08 PM
lmao.... "who roided it up better"

http://armchairgm.com/mwiki/index.php?title=Mac_or_Bonds:_Who_Roided_It_Up_Bet ter%3F

soonercody
5/2/2006, 08:13 AM
His enormous melon messes with my satellite feed.
:D :D :D

Sooner95
5/2/2006, 09:56 AM
At this point he would have been better off if he just said he used steroids. Most fans are pretty forgiven, and in due time, would have done him more good than just being an ***...

snp
5/2/2006, 10:00 AM
At this point he would have been better off if he just jumped off a bridge.

Fixed.

Sooner95
5/2/2006, 10:02 AM
haha, yea.. will agree with that as well..

walkoffsooner
5/2/2006, 09:00 PM
I have never seen a Bonds piece on tv and thought: Man, that's one classy individual.

Pro athletes who treat fans like **** suck.
I agreed untill tonight, I watched bonds on bonds by accident,anyway he had a kid with cancer at the game, letting him warm up with him in outfield maybe a set up but it was nice.:)

Sooner in Tampa
5/3/2006, 05:17 AM
Bonds on Bonds is acting. His attitude on the camera has been dis-credited already. The way that he acts all chummy with his teammates is an act, he knows the cameras are rolling. He is trying very hard to re-make his image to the general public.