PDA

View Full Version : The Fonz

Tear Down This Wall
4/25/2006, 02:05 PM
Anybody look at The Fonz differently when you watch Happy Days reruns? Sure, when I was in the second grade he seemed cool and tough. But, now, when I watch the reruns I just see a shrimpy little skinny guy running around saying "ayyyyyy" like a pirate lost in time. Looking back, I'll bet Potsie, Ralph, or Richie could have whipped his scrawny litte arse. Fag.

Hatfield
4/25/2006, 02:11 PM
have you no shame

soonerbrat
4/25/2006, 02:17 PM
did you know when it first started he wasn't allowed to wear that leather jacket because it was too racy? that's why the cotton jacket. and later, if he wore the leather jacket he had to have his motorcycle in the shot?

i saw that on the E! true hollywood story...

Tear Down This Wall
4/25/2006, 02:18 PM
None. No shame at all. I spit upon my childhood idol, The Fonz, whose poster hung in my bedroom with Ken Stabler (a known drunk and womanizer), Billy Sims (a known child support dodger), Reggie Jackson (a half-*** who fractured locker rooms), Ron Guidry (guilty of nothing other than being from Louisiana)...and that whole series of Bruce Jenner posters you could get from sending in enough Wheaties' Proof of Purchase thingys (plus Shipping and Handling).

IB4OU2
4/25/2006, 02:19 PM
Anybody look at The Fonz differently when you watch Happy Days reruns? Sure, when I was in the second grade he seemed cool and tough. But, now, when I watch the reruns I just see a shrimpy little skinny guy running around saying "ayyyyyy" like a pirate lost in time. Looking back, I'll bet Potsie, Ralph, or Richie could have whipped his scrawny litte arse. Fag.

I ALWAYS thought he was a Fag when I watched that crappy show.

jk the sooner fan
4/25/2006, 02:21 PM
i thought it was that he couldnt wear a BLACK leather jacket, so they switched to the brown because it was less "bad ***"

walkoffsooner
4/25/2006, 02:21 PM
I think the Fonz knew kung fu

Newbomb Turk
4/25/2006, 02:23 PM
None. No shame at all. I spit upon my childhood idol, The Fonz, whose poster hung in my bedroom with Ken Stabler (a known drunk and womanizer), Billy Sims (a known child support dodger), Reggie Jackson (a half-*** who fractured locker rooms), Ron Guidry (guilty of nothing other than being from Louisiana)...and that whole series of Bruce Jenner posters you could get from sending in enough Wheaties' Proof of Purchase thingys (plus Shipping and Handling).

I had the Farrah poster.

walkoffsooner
4/25/2006, 02:26 PM
I had the Farrah poster.
Me to:)

Tear Down This Wall
4/25/2006, 02:27 PM
My parents wouldn't allow the Farrah poster in our home...but, may I also use this thread to lament the demise of Erin Moran's career. If she hadn't followed that half-witted spare Scott Baio into "Joanie Loves Chachi", she'd probably still have had a shot at a decent Hollywood career. Joanie Cunningham was my second childhood crush after Betty Rubble and Scott Baio ruined her professional life. Fag.

http://tvphotogalleries.com/data/676/1hd061.jpg

P.S. - I also think Erin Moran and Pat Benatar are twins.

handcrafted
4/25/2006, 02:36 PM
My parents wouldn't allow the Farrah poster in our home...but, may I also use this thread to lament the demise of Erin Moran's career. If she hadn't followed that half-witted spare Scott Baio into "Joanie Loves Chachi", she'd probably still have had a shot at a decent Hollywood career. Joanie Cunningham was my second childhood crush after Betty Rubble and Scott Baio ruined her professional life. Fag.

Only in the nose and mouth. From the forehead up and the chin down, no freakin' way.

TUSooner
4/25/2006, 02:36 PM
***P.S. - I also think Erin Moran and Pat Benatar are twins.

WORD!

And I hated Happy Days from start to finish. I still throw up a little in my mouth when I notice a rerun is on.

King Crimson
4/25/2006, 02:37 PM
are you implying that Charles in Charge wasn't quality entertainment?

Willie Aames was a comic genius.

Tear Down This Wall
4/25/2006, 02:40 PM
Also, these days I look at Mr. and Mrs. Cunningham differently. Marion was way too tall for Howard. She could have done better, I think.

You know, whoever cast that show must have had a vision problem. A scrawny little guy as The Fonz. A wife towering over her little husband. Scott Baio in any way involved. Pfft. WTF? And, why was I sucked into all of this as a child? I blame my parents. If they'd let me have the Farrah poster, my childhood would've been different.

SoonerInKCMO
4/25/2006, 02:42 PM
If I were you, instead of thinking about how wimpy the Fonz looks in retrospect, I'd worry about having a crush on Erin Moran. ;)

Newbomb Turk
4/25/2006, 02:43 PM
all I remember from Happy Days is Pinkie Tuscadero.

handcrafted
4/25/2006, 02:44 PM
all I remember from Happy Days is Leather Tuscadero.

Fixed into Suzy Quatro greatness. :D

Tear Down This Wall
4/25/2006, 02:46 PM
You know Leather is songwriter Suzy Quatro who sang that song "Stumblin' In." Probably the world's most underrated pop duet, "Stumblin' In."

Scott D
4/25/2006, 02:46 PM

she would have flipped out as she did in her 30s even without doing the secondary show with Scott Baio who gave her pink eye.

Newbomb Turk
4/25/2006, 02:48 PM
Leather had the finger-snapping, leg-slapping thing going, right?

OhU1
4/25/2006, 02:49 PM
Fonzie jumped the shark...........

crawfish
4/25/2006, 02:49 PM
Few shows have aged worse than Happy Days...

King Crimson
4/25/2006, 02:51 PM
i GIS'ed Pinky Tuscadero and she looks like an elementary school teacher in her late 30's.

Pricetag
4/25/2006, 02:52 PM
are you implying that Charles in Charge wasn't quality entertainment?

Willie Aames was a comic genius.
Buddy Lembeck was the greatest.