PDA

View Full Version : Is this the Sooners year to win it all?

runner1182
4/25/2006, 09:58 AM
this year reminds me somewhat of the sooner football team that won it all in 2000, the sooners have had the sooner magic more than once this year and have won many games in the last inning, just ask missouri :texan: so i think the baseball team can go to the world series and win it all, they have the confidence and the resume so far to prove that they are contenders this year!

Collier11
4/25/2006, 01:46 PM
We will see, lets win a regional first then we can talk but I hope you are right

BoomerJack
4/25/2006, 05:04 PM
I hafta agree with Collier. You know the old baseball sayings.

"There's a lot of baseball left to be played."

"You gotta play 'em one game at time."

and my favorite,

"Don't look back. Something might be gaining on you."

Soonerborn03
4/25/2006, 07:36 PM
If comparing this team to something an OU football team did once helps you then that's fine, but I really see no resemblance to the 2000 football season. It's a completely different sport. I don't remember the football team having to come back from a lot of 4th quarter deficits back in 2000. This OU baseball team has made a lot of comebacks this season and have won a lot of games off the last at bat of the game.

Sorry, I get annoyed with football comparisons. I'm getting real sick of people saying that the Capel hire for our basketball program is a lot like the hiring of Stoops. It's annoying because it's really nothing like it at all, yet people still make the comparison

stoopified
4/28/2006, 02:32 PM
I'll settle at this point for just making it to the CWS,although I don't want to go 2 and barbecue.I really would like to match up with Wussy State and Stephenson and send them packing,That would be sweet.

I am thinking the last time we were in the CWS we did just( sent Wussy State packing) that or was that in a regional?To answer your qustion it would awesome to win it all.

runner1182
4/29/2006, 01:52 PM
If comparing this team to something an OU football team did once helps you then that's fine, but I really see no resemblance to the 2000 football season. It's a completely different sport. I don't remember the football team having to come back from a lot of 4th quarter deficits back in 2000. This OU baseball team has made a lot of comebacks this season and have won a lot of games off the last at bat of the game.

Sorry, I get annoyed with football comparisons. I'm getting real sick of people saying that the Capel hire for our basketball program is a lot like the hiring of Stoops. It's annoying because it's really nothing like it at all, yet people still make the comparison

sorry for offending u! ill make sure the next time to check in with u! so u won't cry so much! all i was trying to say is the baseball team has alot of things going for them, the pitching and their batting is very good and have timely hitting so we have no reason to say they wont go to the college world series, but they have a real shot this year!

Soonerborn03
4/29/2006, 06:42 PM
sorry for offending u! ill make sure the next time to check in with u! so u won't cry so much! all i was trying to say is the baseball team has alot of things going for them, the pitching and their batting is very good and have timely hitting so we have no reason to say they wont go to the college world series, but they have a real shot this year!Well said...and with no mention of the 2000 football team whatsoever! Oh, and don't worry about checking in with me....I'll just let it slide next time since you don't appreciate my crying for whatever reason ;)

Sooner95
5/3/2006, 09:12 AM
Being out here in NY, its hard to even follow the Baseball team, much less Big12 Baseball. Have to hit the Big12 website for the latest. This is the best record that I can remember in some time..maybe since the last went to CWS?? I forget..

Before we start thinking of CWS tho, first thing is first..BIg12 Tourney, need to come out of that thing shiney, so they can Host a Regional. They should right now, ranked #8 in Baseball America Poll, but you never know..

Then need to take care of business in Regional..

Good luck to them Soonahs..