PDA

View Full Version : **** you Delta Airlines, Part II

slickdawg
4/25/2006, 09:23 AM
Last night, "Alexis" from Delta assured me that I was good to go for my 635AM flight out of New Orleans. Confirmation number in hand, I get up at 3:30
this morning, and drive over to NOLA.

I spend an hour at the counter trying to check in, and it seems that "Alexis"
only reserved a flight for me, she did not BOOK it. The plane was full,
no room for me.

I just got back home, 170 miles later, and I am at a whole new level of pizzed off.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

sooneron
4/25/2006, 09:24 AM
Doesn't
Ever
Leave
The
Airport

OUDoc
4/25/2006, 09:27 AM
I spend an hour at the counter trying to check in, and it seems that "Alexis"
only reserved a flight for me, she did not BOOK it. The plane was full,
no room for me.

Although, in theory, I can see a little difference, how could they not have room if they reserved it for you only yesterday?

slickdawg
4/25/2006, 09:32 AM
Although, in theory, I can see a little difference, how could they not have room if they reserved it for you only yesterday?

That was one of the many questions I had.

Meanwhile, crackhead counter guy kept aimlessly typing up some mysterious crap on his keyboard, not telling me what in the hell he was doing. After 6:35, when the flight left, I simply told him "nevermind, the plane has left. If we couldn't get me on that plane in the last 80 minutes, then so be it"

C&CDean
4/25/2006, 09:43 AM
You know what makes me laugh? Non-platinum peons who whine about getting bumped off a flight. Or the ones who have been standing in line for an hour - only to watch me walk up in the first-class line and get the counter agent first. Even better is when they stop the guy who has pushed his way to the front of the boarding line and very loudly say "we'll be loading group 6 later sir, please go to the back of the line." That **** cracks me up.

Hatfield
4/25/2006, 09:45 AM
that is why you don't make airline reservations with strippers named "Alexis"

Howzit
4/25/2006, 09:46 AM

Airlines regulary overbook. The figure, statistically, there will be a certain number that cancel or don't show up. Doesn't always happen that way.

Slickdawg, were they offering vouchers for people to give up seats?

usmc-sooner
4/25/2006, 09:47 AM
go United dawg

don't get on Delta and Frontier

slickdawg
4/25/2006, 09:49 AM
Airlines regulary overbook. The figure, statistically, there will be a certain number that cancel or don't show up. Doesn't always happen that way.

Slickdawg, were they offering vouchers for people to give up seats?

I didn't get that far. You can't get to the gate without a boarding pass,
and I couldn't even get that because of the stripper Alexis.

Osce0la
4/25/2006, 09:50 AM
That was one of the many questions I had.

Meanwhile, crackhead counter guy kept aimlessly typing up some mysterious crap on his keyboard, not telling me what in the hell he was doing. After 6:35, when the flight left, I simply told him "nevermind, the plane has left. If we couldn't get me on that plane in the last 80 minutes, then so be it"
He was on another board (or in a chat room) talking to his airline buddies about this a**hat that was b*tching at him about not being able to get on a plane.

slickdawg
4/25/2006, 09:52 AM
He was on another board (or in a chat room) talking to his airline buddies about this a**hat that was b*tching at him about not being able to get on a plane.

I'd at least be able to laugh with him. What a jerk.

Hell, he was probably on tuesday-fans.com anyway

NormanPride
4/25/2006, 10:08 AM
This is why I fly SWA.

C&CDean
4/25/2006, 10:13 AM
Here's the dealio. They all suck. They've all become Greyhound busses in the sky. Once you realize this, it's easier to move on. And as a couple million mile frequent flyer I rate them thusly:

1. American Airlines
2. United Airlines
3. Continental Airlines
4. Southwest Airlines
5. America West
6. US Air
7. Delta Airlines
8. Northwest Airlines

Of course I've been wearing AA Platinum handcuffs for nearly 15 years now. But I will say that I've had a lot of luck with them.

sooneron
4/25/2006, 10:20 AM
I think American picked up a lot of TWA's fleas when they took them on.

C&CDean
4/25/2006, 10:26 AM
I think American picked up a lot of TWA's fleas when they took them on.

If by "fleas" you mean picking up a great hub city like St. Louis then I agree. When I fly to the east coast, I always try and book through St. Louis. Makes the trip much shorter. Plus, you get to watch the groovy F-15s from the Missouri Air Guard taking off and landing there at Lambert.

GottaHavePride
4/25/2006, 11:03 AM
I've had pretty good luck with all the airlines, (although I've never flown on Northwest) because I usually book about a month in advance and don't really care where I sit.

Sooner Among The Pack
4/25/2006, 11:38 AM
Once you realize this, it's easier to move on. And as a couple million mile frequent flyer I rate them thusly:
8. Northwest Airlines

NWA sucks domestically, but the international flights I've had with Northwest have been awesome. The Northwest international terminal at Detroit is the finest terminals I've ever been in. Have you ever flow NWA internationally? Would like to hear if you had a bad experience.

sooneron
4/25/2006, 11:40 AM
If by "fleas" you mean picking up a great hub city like St. Louis then I agree. When I fly to the east coast, I always try and book through St. Louis. Makes the trip much shorter. Plus, you get to watch the groovy F-15s from the Missouri Air Guard taking off and landing there at Lambert.
Meh, I get to fly direct in a skinny jet from Pewark to F'in Hillbilly land.

slickdawg
4/25/2006, 12:41 PM
American was great when we flew to Dallas for Easter. On time, no problems at all.

yermom
4/25/2006, 12:47 PM
You know what makes me laugh? Non-platinum peons who whine about getting bumped off a flight. Or the ones who have been standing in line for an hour - only to watch me walk up in the first-class line and get the counter agent first. Even better is when they stop the guy who has pushed his way to the front of the boarding line and very loudly say "we'll be loading group 6 later sir, please go to the back of the line." That **** cracks me up.

how have you been Bruce?

King Crimson
4/25/2006, 12:53 PM
Frontier out of DIA around the CHristmas holidays is a disaster. i pay the extra and fly United....after a few all day numbers in Terminal B with Frontier juggling (not very successfully) planes and crews. when they give you the Quizno's vouchers you know yer screwed.

soonerboomer93
4/25/2006, 01:24 PM
I've never had any problems flying frontier out of Denver. I always curb check and then tip them to give me a good seat.