PDA

View Full Version : talking points

jk the sooner fan
4/25/2006, 07:53 AM
my boss gave me the movie "Constantine" to watch, iv'e had that DVD now for about 2 months.....i dont want to hurt her feelings because she really thought the movie was good

i have NO desire to watch it, but need to be able to have a 2-3 minute conversation about it

so help me out.....the "cliff notes"....and a "what did you think of that scene" comment

GDC
4/25/2006, 08:05 AM
It had Gavin Rossdale of Bush in it.

sooneron
4/25/2006, 08:07 AM
Just say the effects were pretty teh awgsome!

soonerbrat
4/25/2006, 08:08 AM
just watch the damn thing.

Sooner in Tampa
4/25/2006, 08:27 AM
sack up dude...just tell her that you have no desire to see it.

OUinFLA
4/25/2006, 08:29 AM
it was long and I used that opportunity to catch up on some nap time.
I picked the boring parts to do that in.

crawfish
4/25/2006, 08:34 AM
It's a decent movie. Watch it.

jk the sooner fan
4/25/2006, 08:36 AM
sack up dude...just tell her that you have no desire to see it.

i already told her i wouldnt sleep with her, i'm not sure how much more rejection she can handle......

Sooner in Tampa
4/25/2006, 08:37 AM
i already told her i wouldnt sleep with her, i'm not sure how much more rejection she can handle......HEH...SPEK :D

OUinFLA
4/25/2006, 08:42 AM
i already told her i wouldnt sleep with her, i'm not sure how much more rejection she can handle......

well if you change your mind that is an excellent movie to do that during.........
oh, wait, you meant.....

sanantoniosooner
4/25/2006, 08:45 AM
tell her you really dug it when he sang that song from the partridge family.

usmc-sooner
4/25/2006, 08:50 AM
it's kinda like the movie Prophecy, an angel is ticked and is going against the humans. Constantine for reasons I forget is special. He fights off demons and stuff. He however is doomed because he has smoked himself almost to death has cancer and that is considered suicide. He helps a girl save her sister. In the end he beats the angel and and decides to give his life for the girl thus making up for smoking himself to death. So the devil thinking he is weak takes the cancer and gives him his life back. Constantine quits smoking after that.
It's been a while since I've seen it.

Veritas
4/25/2006, 08:54 AM
it's kinda like the movie Prophecy, an angel is ticked and is going against the humans. Constantine for reasons I forget is special. He fights off demons and stuff. He however is doomed because he has smoked himself almost to death has cancer and that is considered suicide. He helps a girl save her sister. In the end he beats the angel and and decides to give his life for the girl thus making up for smoking himself to death. So the devil thinking he is weak takes the cancer and gives him his life back. Constantine quits smoking after that.
Oh that's not even it.

It's about the Constantine guy from American idol last year. Basically, he was a demon from hell in the guise of a human and his mission was to become the American Idol so that the antiChrist could assume his form and then use backwards masking in his lyrics to convince everyone that he was teh awesome. Keanu Reeves plays the only guy to know the truth and he's trying to stop "Constantine" who, as I said, is actually an eons old demon who has inhabited many former musicians to this end, specifically Billy Joel.

sanantoniosooner
4/25/2006, 08:56 AM
Oh that's not even it.

It's about the Constantine guy from American idol last year. Basically, he was a demon from hell in the guise of a human and his mission was to become the American Idol so that the antiChrist could assume his form and then use backwards masking in his lyrics to convince everyone that he was teh awesome. Keanu Reeves plays the only guy to know the truth and he's trying to stop "Constantine" who, as I said, is actually an eons old demon who has inhabited many former musicians to this end, specifically Billy Joel.
ahem........

Veritas
4/25/2006, 09:03 AM
ahem........
Heh, I didn't even see your post, but I'm not sure I would have gotten it. I quit watching after that ********* made it to the top 10.

Mjcpr
4/25/2006, 09:07 AM

The smoking is what he is dying from now, the suicide occurred when he was young.....he was technically dead for a period of time but was revived so he was considered to have committed suicide.

4/25/2006, 09:31 AM
Google "constantine movie review."

sanantoniosooner
4/25/2006, 09:33 AM
jk is new here.........you couldn't expect him to do that.........

Sooner in Tampa
4/25/2006, 09:35 AM
Google "constantine movie review."WTH did we do before Google??:eek:

picasso
4/25/2006, 09:46 AM
tell her it's about a preist who is Jones'n for a drink.

jk the sooner fan
4/25/2006, 09:49 AM

dude, soonerfans.com IS my google

usmc-sooner
4/25/2006, 09:50 AM
The smoking is what he is dying from now, the suicide occurred when he was young.....he was technically dead for a period of time but was revived so he was considered to have committed suicide.

you're right, it's been so long since I've seen it.

GDC
4/25/2006, 11:30 AM
Better yet, read the graphic novel it came from.

sooneron
4/25/2006, 11:32 AM
Just remember this- Keanu was miscast- the Amistad dude was pretty good and Rachel Weisz is friggin hawt!

jk the sooner fan
4/25/2006, 11:34 AM
if by graphic novel, you mean "picture book".......then yeah i'd consider that option

GDC
4/25/2006, 11:56 AM
http://www.comicsforcollectors.com/product_pics/HellblazerAllHisEnginesHC.jpg

TexasLidig8r
4/25/2006, 12:06 PM
Tell her like most movies Keanu Reeves has been in.. his range of emotions spanned the spectrum.... From A to B.

Veritas
4/25/2006, 12:35 PM
Tell her like most movies Keanu Reeves has been in.. his range of emotions spanned the spectrum.... From A to B.
I think it was more like A to "Whoah".