PDA

View Full Version : Scottie to LSU?

william_brasky
4/25/2006, 04:03 AM
http://www.2theadvocate.com/sports/2688011.html

Boomer.....
4/25/2006, 08:07 AM
Reynolds signed a national letter of intent with Oklahoma but was granted his release after former Sooners coach Kelvin Sampson took the head-coaching job at Indiana in late March.

I didn't know we granted his release yet.

colleyvillesooner
4/25/2006, 08:40 AM
As long as a family member asks, we will grant the release. It's the only way you have a chance of retaining the kid.

Big Red Ron
4/25/2006, 10:23 AM
Eff 'em, make him learn a hard lesson and don't grant it. Say, you can play here or nowhere next year. Life isn't always fair.

sooneron
4/25/2006, 10:49 AM
Eff 'em, make him learn a hard lesson and don't grant it. Say, you can play here or nowhere next year. Life isn't always fair.
I don't know if that's a fair life lesson. The kid signed with Kelvin to play for OU. He's not from Oklahoma, so it's not like he was bleeding crimson. Being a student athlete and signing is signing up for a package deal. A major part of the package left.
If a stud LB came here and Stoops left for the nfl, I don't see how you could fault him.

stonecoldsoonerfan
4/26/2006, 11:25 AM

he can appeal if OU does that. the ncaa usually sides with the recruit when they appeal. then we lose in the court of the ncaa process AND the court of public opinion. it's really better to just let them go.

Crimsontothecore
4/26/2006, 11:55 AM
Oh yeah.....that would make for a wonderful season next year. I'm sure he would pour his heart and soul out on the court knowing he was FORCED to stay....Geeze:rolleyes:

Boomer_Sooner_sax
4/26/2006, 03:01 PM
We'll trade him for the Hornets

GDC
4/26/2006, 03:34 PM
Some tool in the DO was going on about how the kids should honor their word, forgetting that all this came about because KS didn't keep his.

stoopified
4/28/2006, 03:11 PM
Oh yeah.....that would make for a wonderful season next year. I'm sure he would pour his heart and soul out on the court knowing he was FORCED to stay....Geeze:rolleyes:He would not be forced to stay but he would be forced to transfer if he left and therefore he would have to sit out a year.Other choices would be juco or prep school.

OUGreg723
4/28/2006, 04:50 PM
Its still an open race as far as I know guys. We're in it just as much as they are...

That being said, I'll be pleasantly suprised if he comes to OU. I almost want to say we should get someone else and move on. No point in wasting money and time for a kid that isnt sure he wants to be at OU. However amazing he may be. He can be replaced.

Soonerus
4/28/2006, 09:52 PM
Whatever will be will be........

LSUdeek
5/1/2006, 11:45 AM
In basketball recruiting, I do not have any late breaking news to report on Darrell Arthur and Scottie Reynolds. I did hear from a person who was on the same flight with Reynolds who said that Reynolds' eyes and face lit up regarding LSU. I talked to another person who saw Reynolds and Coach Brady at Champs in Baton Rouge and said that Reynolds looked to be having a great time.

http://dandydon.com/

SoonerShark
5/1/2006, 02:00 PM
That LSU report makes it sound like he was glassy eyed and dazed. Those schools with "state" in their name are always best for the casual school attendee, which is why Les Miles frequents those haunts.

Oddly enough, I was in court on an unrelated case the day one of Miles' senior underlings was in court for a divorce hearing. He had told his wife they were moving to Baton Rouge after Les got the LSU job, his wife quit her professional level job in Oklahoma and moved to Baton Rouge, then he had told her he wanted a divorce because he had a "honey" somewhere, if I remember correctly. He still had to file in Oklahoma since he had not lived in Louisiana. Maybe LSU is a good place for turncoats.

OU Adonis
5/1/2006, 02:26 PM
Wierd, I thought his Letter of Intent was to Oklahoma, and not Kelvin Sampson.

SoonerShark
5/1/2006, 03:17 PM
Wierd, I thought his Letter of Intent was to Oklahoma, and not Kelvin Sampson.

X-act-amundo! Turncoat. It should be even better for him at OU now with our new coachi.

If he goes to Louisiana and next thing you know, he'll be living in a gutter off of Bourbon Street, shooting smack rather than dishing it out. The LSU fans I met down there during the 2004 Sugar Bowl all had family trees without branches. They saved money because on Mother's Day married couples only had to buy one card in most instances. In those few other instances, on Mother's Day, a man could just wake up in the morning, roll over and give Agnes Devereux, his wife and "Mama, a big ol' kiss.

LSUdeek
5/1/2006, 03:26 PM
X-act-amundo! Turncoat. It should be even better for him at OU now with our new coachi.

If he goes to Louisiana and next thing you know, he'll be living in a gutter off of Bourbon Street, shooting smack rather than dishing it out. The LSU fans I met down there during the 2004 Sugar Bowl all had family trees without branches. They saved money because on Mother's Day married couples only had to buy one card in most instances. In those few other instances, on Mother's Day, a man could just wake up in the morning, roll over and give Agnes Devereux, his wife and "Mama, a big ol' kiss.

Classy.

The Consumate Showman
5/1/2006, 03:29 PM
LSU will have Davis back from their final four team, but they are losing argueably their best player (can't remember his name) to the draft. I don't know much about LSU's team, but if he went there, he may have to sit on the bench much more than he would at OU. I think Scottie is forgetting the points that #1) HE WOULD BE STARTING FROM DAY ONE!!!! and #2) He committed to OU, not to Kelvin Sampson like everyone else has said.

It's like I've said before, what if Scottie got here and Kelvin was still at OU and mid-season he retired or moved to another school or something??? What if Kelvin had not left and Scottie came and Kelvin, God forbid, was in a plane crash or car wreck and couldn't coach or was dead???? I bet he wouldn't be so quick to jump ship then; he would look like a total azz, right guys??? In my mind, even if he comes to OU, he's already there............

Scott D
5/1/2006, 03:32 PM
Classy.

One of the few times I agree with deek. I wonder how some of you who are bashing these kids for wanting out of their LOI's because the guy who recruited them is gone would be reacting if some kids wanted out of a rival's LOI and were looking to maybe come here instead because the coach there had left for whatever reason.

LSUdeek
5/1/2006, 03:39 PM
One of the few times I agree with deek. I wonder how some of you who are bashing these kids for wanting out of their LOI's because the guy who recruited them is gone would be reacting if some kids wanted out of a rival's LOI and were looking to maybe come here instead because the coach there had left for whatever reason.

I was referring more to the tired Bourbon St. smack than the LOI situation, but you are certainly right.

We didn't have anyone who left LSU after Saban left, so I don't know if there's ever been a similar situation that I can remember.

LSUdeek
5/1/2006, 03:40 PM
LSU will have Davis back from their final four team, but they are losing argueably their best player (can't remember his name) to the draft. I don't know much about LSU's team, but if he went there, he may have to sit on the bench much more than he would at OU. I think Scottie is forgetting the points that #1) HE WOULD BE STARTING FROM DAY ONE!!!! and #2) He committed to OU, not to Kelvin Sampson like everyone else has said.

Tyrus Thomas is the player you are thinking of.

If we get Arthur, he has a good chance of starting, but I think Reynolds would probably get 10-15 MPG at first if he comes to LSU. Hopefully the coaches are letting him know just that.

Scott D
5/1/2006, 05:28 PM
I was referring more to the tired Bourbon St. smack than the LOI situation, but you are certainly right.

We didn't have anyone who left LSU after Saban left, so I don't know if there's ever been a similar situation that I can remember.

the bourbon st. smack was what I was agreeing with you on. Comparing football to basketball in terms of transfers and releases from LOI's is difficult just due to the sheer difference in the number of players each team has. It's a lot more obvious in basketball than football unless it happens to be a star player for some reason (ie...Brent Schaefer or Adrian McPherson, or Ingle Martin).

some players just relate better to coaches than to tradition or a school, and go there for the coach. But I'm not about to dredge up that argument with the 'we're too good for this player if he's not sure about his commitment' crowd.

SoonerShark
5/1/2006, 06:55 PM
Classy.

Sorry. Having LSU fans who speak English as only a second language with obscenities being the first, screaming "Suck my d--k! I mean it...suck my d--k!" while children are present as you are entering the SuperDome in January 2004 has a lasting effect. I have never experienced worse fans or people than the individuals wearing LSU garb in New Orleans. Horrid manners. Horrid upbringing. Horrid fans. Horrid people. The state smells like mildew, and that was prior to Katrina. I have heard similar horror stories from others with no positive stories to counterbalance the negative. I formerly liked LSU before I met its fans. Never again will I make that mistake.

GDC
5/1/2006, 07:57 PM
from an Illinois board (http://mb30.scout.com/fillinoisinsiderfrm1.showMessage?topicID=75727.top ic)

LSUdeek
5/1/2006, 09:47 PM
Sorry. Having LSU fans who speak English as only a second language with obscenities being the first, screaming "Suck my d--k! I mean it...suck my d--k!" while children are present as you are entering the SuperDome in January 2004 has a lasting effect. I have never experienced worse fans or people than the individuals wearing LSU garb in New Orleans. Horrid manners. Horrid upbringing. Horrid fans. Horrid people. The state smells like mildew, and that was prior to Katrina. I have heard similar horror stories from others with no positive stories to counterbalance the negative. I formerly liked LSU before I met its fans. Never again will I make that mistake.

OK. You have taken every single opportunity to mention your French Quarter experience. I just want to talk sports with OU fans.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
5/2/2006, 09:16 AM
OK. You have taken every single opportunity to mention your French Quarter experience. I just want to talk sports with OU fans.

LSUdeek. I don't think SoonerShark is suggesting that you are one of those guys. That said my brother and his wife went to New Orleans for the Sugar Bowl and another guy I know went as well and they both said that the fans in New Orleans were the worst mix of ignorant and obnoxious that they have ever seen. He said it wasn't just a few fans either but hundreds. My brother had 5 and 6 year olds running up to him yelling Tigerbait and he wanted to tell them about Santa Claus. My brother said he would have rather hung out on Hook 'em 's campus wearing OU clothes.

LSUdeek
5/2/2006, 09:35 AM
LSUdeek. I don't think SoonerShark is suggesting that you are one of those guys. That said my brother and his wife went to New Orleans for the Sugar Bowl and another guy I know went as well and they both said that the fans in New Orleans were the worst mix of ignorant and obnoxious that they have ever seen. He said it wasn't just a few fans either but hundreds. My brother had 5 and 6 year olds running up to him yelling Tigerbait and he wanted to tell them about Santa Claus. My brother said he would have rather hung out on Hook 'em 's campus wearing OU clothes.

That's great. I'm sorry you had a bad experience.

It seems like just about every thread I participate in someone has to bring this up. It's not relevant to the discussion.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
5/2/2006, 12:52 PM

It seems like just about every thread I participate in someone has to bring this up. It's not relevant to the discussion.

You're right. It isn't relevant.

As for Reynolds he could wind up at LSU but if it isn't OU I could see Georgetown or Michigan being the most likely other choices. I'm just going from what I've read here and a couple other boards though.

GDC
5/2/2006, 03:57 PM
http://michigan.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=538284

runner1182
5/2/2006, 04:08 PM
scottie is going to drag this thing out til may 17th, i hope he backs up the way he is acting like he is some superstar! ok ill give it too him, he is a GOOD POINT GUARD! that is in highschool, hasn't shown commitment or heart towards OU since kelvin left

SoonerShark
5/2/2006, 04:18 PM

The sort of people who support a team is relevant, or should be.

SoonerShark
5/2/2006, 04:25 PM
I enjoy the fact that the many Oregon fans and the like spread the word on their sites that the Sooner fans treated them like royalty when they played in Norman two years ago. Bama fans were great to us and we beat them on their field in 2003. Most of the local fans at the 2005 Holiday Bowl were for the Pac 10 team, UO, but by the time we left many were pulling for our team since we got along so well.

LSUdeek
5/2/2006, 04:55 PM
The sort of people who support a team is relevant, or should be.

so we can look forward to "God those NO LSU FANS ARE TEH SUCK" in every thread? good. i'll put the asbestos on.