PDA

View Full Version : All Bob Stoops Team

NickZeppelin
4/24/2006, 09:17 PM
Saw this on another board. So I'll put it here.

QB-Jason White barely over Josh Heupel. I understand the arguement for both.
RB-Adrian Peterson
FB-JD Runnels
WR-Mark Clayton, Mark Bradley, Brandon Jones
TE-Trent Smith,
OT-Jammal Brown, Frank Romero
OG-Davin Joseph, Wes Sims
C-Vince Carter

DE-Dan Cody, Jimmy Wilkerson
DT-Tommie Harris, Dusty Dvoracek
LB-Rocky Calmus, Teddy Lehman, Torrence Marshall
CB-Derrick Strait, Andre Woolfolk
FS-Brandon Everage
SS-Roy Williams
Nickel/Dime Backs Brodney Pool, Ontei Jones

K-Tim Duncan
P-Jeff Ferguson
KR-JT Thatcher, Brandon Daniels
PR-Antonio Perkins

goingoneight
4/24/2006, 09:19 PM
Jason White 2001 legs with 2003 arm and Josh Heupel QB coach would be awesome... Hey, we can dream, can't we?

KC//CRIMSON
4/24/2006, 09:23 PM
Who cares. Stoops doesn't have "it" anymore.

goingoneight
4/24/2006, 09:24 PM
hehehe... I think Nick got a hold of some passwords tonight...

goingoneight
4/24/2006, 09:25 PM
comes to thinked of it, OU 2000 wasn't all that good we shoulda fireded Stoops in early 1999. ;)

Sooner Among The Pack
4/24/2006, 09:26 PM
You know, as great as AD is, people forget how valuable Kejuan Jones was to OU. He was pretty much our entire offense late in the 2003 NC game against LSU, and certainly has a knack for finding the end zone.

OUstud
4/24/2006, 09:29 PM
Where is Antwone Savage?

BOOMERBRADLEY
4/24/2006, 09:32 PM
Without a doubt Kejuan was valuable......

BUT after watching AD would you have any other back out there ?

NickZeppelin
4/24/2006, 09:32 PM
About where Fagan is. I just think the top few WRs OU's had are better then Savage and Fagan. Although they were really good.

I love Kejuan but I put Q above him. Works may be just as good as Kejuan overall although he didn't play as much.

soonerinabilene
4/24/2006, 09:48 PM
i personally would put any receiver from 2000 over brandon jones. not only did they pull down almost every pass that was thrown their way, those guys could block like they were tight ends. obviously clayton is #1, but the next 5 should be the championship winners. i also would probably put cj ah you in place of wilkerson, but its close. of course, you could put pretty much anyone we've had there and it would be better than any other teams "best of" in the same time period.

sanantoniosooner
4/24/2006, 09:51 PM
I vote Nick for the All BS team.

Sooner Among The Pack
4/24/2006, 09:52 PM
Without a doubt Kejuan was valuable......

BUT after watching AD would you have any other back out there ?

Oh no, not at all. AD is a physical specimen, and if you need 1-2 yards, you want AD in the backfield.

I had to get his name in here though, because he has done so much for us, and once AD sprung on the scene his senior season ('04), he don't get much love. Though he did score the only TD against Hook 'em that year.

Rhino
4/24/2006, 09:54 PM
I wish I could figure out a way to work Kemp in at tackle.

Wes Sims never played substantial time at guard. I'd take Howard Duncan over him. I'd take Matt O'Neal, then Bubba Burcham, then Carter. Don't don't don't don't believe the hype.

I'd almost put Corey Callens over Wilkerson, but won't.
Ontei's a definite at NB.

NickZeppelin
4/24/2006, 10:00 PM
I think OU's had 4 pretty solid tackles since Stoops has been here, but very few really good gaurds. Romero, Brown, Sims, McDougal are all really good tackles. 3 are still in the NFL. Romero wasn't ever gonna make it in the NFL because of his size. But he had a lot of skill too.

At guard Joseph could be the first Sooner guard taken in the first round under Stoops.

TheGodfather889
4/24/2006, 10:00 PM
I remember after seeing Renaldo Works in his first two games at OU I thought he would be a star. He had 5 touchdowns i think in those first two games. But after that he never did much.

NickZeppelin
4/24/2006, 10:02 PM
2003 he had a solid year the first half of the year. It looked like he was gonna get well over 1000 yards but then he got hurt.

Against Bama he had 2 great plays in 2002. Before that he barely played for most of 2 seasons.

BOOMERBRADLEY
4/24/2006, 10:05 PM
I remember after seeing Renaldo Works in his first two games at OU I thought he would be a star. He had 5 touchdowns i think in those first two games. But after that he never did much.

Was it the Utep game where he dragged like 3 guys into the endzone ?

I remember that being an amazing play.

KC//CRIMSON
4/24/2006, 10:05 PM
I just don't have the will to make a list. Stoops has drained my soul with his 8-4 seasons. Somebody, please shoot me.

Sooner Among The Pack
4/24/2006, 10:09 PM

Don't forget the 2002 game v. Alabama. He took the little shovel pass 39 yards to set up Kejuan's go-ahead TD late in the 4th quarter. When I see the video of that on LASooner's highlights, I still get chills.

The single most exciting atheltic play I've ever seen in person. There's a great discussion on this in the "Memories" thread :D

SoonerInFla
4/24/2006, 10:09 PM
At this point in time, that list doesn't quite look right without Q on it.

NickZeppelin
4/24/2006, 10:35 PM
It's AD or Q at RB. AD is simply much better.

C&CDean
4/24/2006, 11:18 PM
It's AD or Q at RB. AD is simply much better.

He is? How many NCs does Peterson have? How many TDs against them dildoes who shall not be named on tuesday? And since Stoops is such a suckwad coach, I'm sure he'll probably bench Peterson for somebody better.