PDA

View Full Version : Confession of aKS supporter

stoopified
4/24/2006, 02:29 PM
Having read excerpts fron NCAA hearings and seeing what Sampson has had to say I must now consider myself a former Calvin supporter.The first thing I take issue with is that KS did not consider excessive calls to be cheating but outworking the other teams.That is flat-out wrong and is directly opppsed to what KS claimed that he was , an Honorable man who does things the RIGHT WAY.

The second statement I take issue with is the rather childish assertion that OSU RATTED THEM OUT .If you aren't doing anything wrong you can't be ratted out.

I do not what penalties the NCAA (in it's infintewisdom:) )will add to our self-imposed punishment but I feel the bulk if not the entirety of the wrath should fall on the man who lead the team into these violations,Kelvin himself.In fairness to OU the coaches who who did this are no longer employed by OU(Sampson,Rab,Lopes).

I always thought it strange that Lopes and Rabadeaux when given their own teams both ran afoul of the NCAA.The commonality of course is that both were long-time KS aaassistants.I gues I should seeen it coming.As has often been said the truth comes out.

Partial Qualifier
4/24/2006, 02:46 PM
Can you imagine what'll happen if punishment follows Kelvin to Indiana? The AD there knew there was some risk of that happening but obviously he thought the risk was small.

Oh my goodness, that whole state will be in an uproar.

Jay C. Upchurch
4/24/2006, 03:38 PM
Exactly how did Jason Rabedeaux run afoul with the NCAA?

I believe you have your facts mixed up there. Rab left UTEP due to some personal issues that he got mixed up in, nothing involving breaking any NCAA rules or anything like that.

oumartin
4/24/2006, 03:43 PM
one need look no further than Lopes.

Led Nicholas
4/24/2006, 07:14 PM
In a year, we will probably be begging to get Kelvin back. But, we might not either. It is two early too tell.

OUstud
4/24/2006, 07:18 PM
Why exactly did Rab resign?

OUGreg723
4/24/2006, 08:52 PM
In a year, we will probably be begging to get Kelvin back. But, we might not either. It is two early too tell.

Nick??

:twinkies:

OUGreg723
4/24/2006, 08:57 PM
Oh nvm. Led has already been talked about on the football board. I'll go join there.

Jay C. Upchurch
4/24/2006, 11:20 PM
Without going into great detail, Rab left UTEP after making some poor personal choices that led to the end of his marriage, and which ultimately compromised the head coaching position.

He is has been an assistant at Marquette the last two seasons, and was recently joined by there Bennie Seltzer.

AllAboutThe'O'
4/24/2006, 11:30 PM
I always thought it strange that Lopes and Rabadeaux when given their own teams both ran afoul of the NCAA.The commonality of course is that both were long-time KS aaassistants.I gues I should seeen it coming.As has often been said the truth comes out.
Don't forget Jimmy Tubbs, who lasted just two seasons at SMU before being forced out. After the football death penalty, the SMU folks are pretty sensitive about even the smallest infraction.

spaceman
4/25/2006, 12:11 AM
Having read excerpts fron NCAA hearings and seeing what Sampson has had to say I must now consider myself a former Calvin supporter.The first thing I take issue with is that KS did not consider excessive calls to be cheating but outworking the other teams.That is flat-out wrong and is directly opppsed to what KS claimed that he was , an Honorable man who does things the RIGHT WAY.

The second statement I take issue with is the rather childish assertion that OSU RATTED THEM OUT .If you aren't doing anything wrong you can't be ratted out.

I do not what penalties the NCAA (in it's infintewisdom:) )will add to our self-imposed punishment but I feel the bulk if not the entirety of the wrath should fall on the man who lead the team into these violations,Kelvin himself.In fairness to OU the coaches who who did this are no longer employed by OU(Sampson,Rab,Lopes).

I always thought it strange that Lopes and Rabadeaux when given their own teams both ran afoul of the NCAA.The commonality of course is that both were long-time KS aaassistants.I gues I should seeen it coming.As has often been said the truth comes out.Don't feel bad, you're not the only one that was fooled by Kelvin. Fortunately, actions always speak louder than words. The truth eventually comes out. How would you like to be Indiana right now. We should be thankful they took him off our hands.

the_ouskull
4/26/2006, 10:04 AM

Wow. Not only are you REALLY going out on a limb here, but you managed to mis-use variations of the word "to" twice in one sentence. Congrats.

the_ouskull

stoopified
4/28/2006, 11:12 AM
Without going into great detail, Rab left UTEP after making some poor personal choices that led to the end of his marriage, and which ultimately compromised the head coaching position.

He is has been an assistant at Marquette the last two seasons, and was recently joined by there Bennie Seltzer.Sorry Jay.Sounds like you have more info on that situaution than I do.The impression I got form the PERSOAL REASONS given for resigning was that he was pressured due to NCAA no nos.I apologize for any injury I may have done to Rab.It was a guilt by association reaction on my part.

walkoffsooner
4/28/2006, 11:20 AM
[QUOTE=Led Nicholas]In a year, we will probably be begging to get Kelvin back. But, we might not either. It is two early too tell.[/QUOTE

green acres county agent