PDA

View Full Version : VY to get the Heisman?

Big Red Ron
4/24/2006, 01:33 PM
The director of the Heisman Trophy Trust told ESPN's Joe Schad on Monday that he will reach out to board members to determine the potential ramifications of an investigation involving 2005 winner Reggie Bush.
"We're doing some soul searching ourselves right now," Rob Whalen said. "To the best of my knowledge no one has ever had a Heisman Trophy revoked."
Whalen said he's already begun to receive e-mails from Texas fans who believe runner up Vince Young should now receive the trophy.
"Clearly that's premature," Whalen said. "Let's see what happens and how this plays out." The official Heisman ballot includes this wording: "In order that there will be no misunderstanding regarding the eligibility of a candidate, the recepient of the award MUST be a bonafide student of an accredited university. The recepient must be in compliance with the bylaws defining an NCAA student."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2419079

Big Red Ron
4/24/2006, 01:37 PM
I just threw up a little bit in my mouth.

OUDoc
4/24/2006, 01:39 PM
So, if we get Leinart ousted, AD can have one?

Octavian
4/24/2006, 01:40 PM
Leinart was living in the basement

Flagstaffsooner
4/24/2006, 01:41 PM
This is funny, Take the trophy away from one crook and give it to an idiot crook.

Big Red Ron
4/24/2006, 01:44 PM
This is funny, Take the trophy away from one crook and give it to an idiot crook."Mama always said, life is like a box of chocolates. You neva know whatya gonna git.":texan:

Flagstaffsooner
4/24/2006, 01:49 PM
Leinart was living in the closetFixed it for ya.

soonerhubs
4/24/2006, 01:49 PM
Hilarious if it pans out that Reggie gets the trophy revoked.

Big Red Ron
4/24/2006, 01:51 PM
Imagine if VY dumb lucked himself into a Heisman and an MNC? Wow, he musta made a deal at the cross roads or something.

Flagstaffsooner
4/24/2006, 01:54 PM
Imagine if VY dumb lucked himself into a Heisman and an MNC? Wow, he musta made a deal at the cross roads or something.Funny how the word "dumb" kinda follows Vince around.:D

TexasLidig8r
4/24/2006, 02:15 PM
This is funny, Take the trophy away from one crook and give it to an idiot crook.

Idiot crook? :rolleyes:

You usually post with a lot more intelligence.

Did someone steal your password?

Herr Scholz
4/24/2006, 02:30 PM
It's just karma correcting the situation. Everyone knows that Vince deserved that trophy anyway.

The Consumate Showman
4/24/2006, 02:34 PM
"Mama always said, life is like a box of chocolates. You neva know whatya gonna git.":texan:

Best reply Evar!

The Consumate Showman
4/24/2006, 02:37 PM
This is going to be a touchy, controversial situation to say in the least. It would send a strong message to some of these kids that are going to be in contention for the heisman that if you are taking advantage of your situation, we will lash back at you and strip you of your trophy and all the perks that go along with it.....

Partial Qualifier
4/24/2006, 03:27 PM
It's just karma correcting the situation. Everyone knows that Vince deserved that trophy anyway.

For once, I don't disagree with Herr

colleyvillesooner
4/24/2006, 03:32 PM

Yeah, everyone except the people who vote for the thing.

Herr Scholz
4/24/2006, 03:47 PM
Yeah, everyone except the people who vote for the thing.
Be honest, you don't think it would have gone the other way if the voters waited until after the Rose Bowl?

Vaevictis
4/24/2006, 03:58 PM
Be honest, you don't think it would have gone the other way if the voters waited until after the Rose Bowl?

If that's the criteria, let's strip Weinke and give one to Heupel.

KC//CRIMSON
4/24/2006, 04:34 PM

It is what it is. Reggie won it against Notre Dame and Radio lost it against TA&M.

GottaHavePride
4/24/2006, 04:52 PM
I could easily see the argument that VY was far more valuable to Texas then Reggie Bush was to USC. Heck, Bush did jack **** against Texas - LenDale White was responsible for what success they had on the ground in that game.

Not that I want to see VY get a trophy. there will always be an asterisk following that trophy around now, anyway.

Herr Scholz
4/24/2006, 05:03 PM
there will always be an asterisk following that trophy around now, anyway.
Yeah, the Downtown Athletic Club has to be hating life right about now.

slickdawg
4/24/2006, 05:05 PM
They'll let Bush keep it. The Heisman is for the "best college football player",
paid or not.

Just ask Peyton Manning.

soonerinabilene
4/24/2006, 05:40 PM
looks like the 'bama way of getting trophies may be spreading!!!!

badger
4/24/2006, 07:13 PM
Get all your VY for Heisman ranting out - it's almost Tuesday!

Led Nicholas
4/24/2006, 07:15 PM
They should really give it to Mack Brown. It isn't so much that Vince was good, Mack is just a good coach.

Blitzkrieg
4/24/2006, 07:36 PM
They should give it to 50 cent, because we heard 772 times that Vince talked Mack into downloading it to his ipod.

"I'll take you to the candyshop, Coach can lick the lollipop."

OU-HSV
4/24/2006, 07:39 PM
So, if we get Leinart ousted, AD can have one?
Sounds like a good idea!

KC//CRIMSON
4/24/2006, 07:52 PM
They should really give it to Mack Brown. It isn't so much that Vince was good, Mack is just a good coach.

He's not great but he's also not terrible. I don't see him being a star, but he has the potential to be a star. He's not bad, but he's not good. He's got good talent, but he can coach them okay. I think.

goingoneight
4/24/2006, 08:03 PM

Even if he was dumber than a box of rocks, he was a better athlete and controlled games better. I believed firmly back in September that if AD didn't do a 180 and rush for like 3000 yards (slight exaggeration) that VY was more than capable of winning it. When he showed his ability to actually pass the ball top his own teammates was when I thought it would be a lock. But the "pure dumb luck" was when VY struggled against both aggie teams and Bush made that 500 yard, I believe it was, game against Fresno (who then was beat by Tulsa University, so you see how good Fresno defense was).

goingoneight
4/24/2006, 08:05 PM
They should give it to 50 cent, because we heard 772 times that Vince talked Mack into downloading it to his ipod.

"I'll take you to the candyshop, Coach can lick the lollipop."

Great, if there's anyone who presents themself dumber than VY, it's definitely 50 Cent. VY = 49 Cent.

Rooster
4/24/2006, 09:07 PM

" I know people were upset after the game when I said we were the best team, but I was only speaking the truth" .

condom and horns are all the same...

Sooner Among The Pack
4/24/2006, 09:22 PM
No doubt VY was more valuable to Texas than Bush was to SC, and the fact that Reggie was on the sidelines late in the 4th Qtr in the NC proves that. As much as I loathe Texas, I thought VY deserved the Heisman.

I don't think the investigation is going to get to that point though. It'll be very hard to convience the DAC to revoke a winner. The outcome that would possibly be "worst-case" would be SC forefitting games in the record book.

Octavian
4/24/2006, 10:47 PM
It is what it is. Reggie won it against Notre Dame and Radio lost it against TA&M.

truth.

OUGreg723
4/24/2006, 10:51 PM
There should be two heismans anyway. One for the best RB, and one for the best QB. Its the only solution..:texan:

badger
4/24/2006, 10:55 PM
Tuesday is an hour away...

BASSooner
4/24/2006, 10:56 PM
I think mack said that ******hart, bush, and sidearm mcwonderlic should all win heismans...heh

jacru
4/24/2006, 10:59 PM
If that's the criteria, let's strip Weinke and give one to Heupel.
Yeah, he got my boy's trophy!

colleyvillesooner
4/24/2006, 11:08 PM

Can't change the rules to get your guy the trophy. We tried that ;)

C&CDean
4/24/2006, 11:13 PM
Hey mother****ers. It's Tuesday here in Indy. Zip it. Zip it good.

Octavian
4/24/2006, 11:26 PM
It's Tuesday here in Indy.

so you left my city w/out any introduction to the Chinese hookers...again

Sooner Among The Pack
4/24/2006, 11:51 PM
Hey mother****ers. It's Tuesday here in Indy. Zip it. Zip it good.

I simultaneously got the following thoughts in my head:

Dr. Evil telling me he's got a whole bag of "shhh" waiting for me;
Devo telling me to "Whip it, Whip it good".

Thx Dean :D

Boffingham
4/25/2006, 02:07 AM
What happens when you kill your wife (OJ?) Is his revoked? Cause he already sold his.

RedstickSooner
4/25/2006, 10:05 AM
The issue is *not* what would happen to the Heisman once it was stripped from Bush -- the issue is that cheaters should be publicly humiliated.

I don't care if they award Reggie's trophy to Bin Laden -- if his family got to live in a custom-built $750k house while he was still in college, that's compensation, making him a PROFESSIONAL PLAYER. Professional players are NOT eligible for collegiate awards.

College kids must be shown, in no uncertain terms, that cheating can & will be punished. The compensation for being a great collegiate player, fair or not, is your college scholarship. No more.

Frankly, an excellent way to drive home the message would be for the 2005 Heisman to be retroactively awarded to "A Cheater" -- and have "A Cheater" kept on the list of past winners, to ensure that everyone remembers the lesson.