PDA

View Full Version : Hoo boy, you ever hear something and wish you didn't in a meeting?

1stTimeCaller
4/24/2006, 11:33 AM
The fire sprinkler guy was complaining about the framer using his lift over the weekend and not plugging it back in. Well the framer is a mexican and the sprinkler guy is a black guy. The framer said, 'Well, I'll buy you a six paaa or I guess a quart." He was gonna say a six pack but changed it mid sentence. Everyone in the meeting thought he said 'cord' as in extension cord.

I felt the changing from six pack to quart was a racial comment so after the meeting I asked the framer if he said cord or quart. I was right. I then told the framer that that was his last comment like that if he wanted to work here. Did I do the right ting?

mdklatt
4/24/2006, 11:35 AM
I felt the changing from six pack to quart was a racial comment

:confused: :confused: :confused:

TUSooner
4/24/2006, 11:37 AM
me no gettee

SoonerInKCMO
4/24/2006, 11:38 AM
If he really meant it as a racial slur he woulda said "a 40".

colleyvillesooner
4/24/2006, 11:39 AM
1TC is saying the framer meant quart of beer. He was probably meaning 40 oz., thinking that's what the black guy would want.

I think you did the right thing.

Rhino
4/24/2006, 11:42 AM
You sure do have lots of work stories.

1stTimeCaller
4/24/2006, 11:42 AM
CVS has the gist of it. And according to the framer that is exactly what he meant.

Osce0la
4/24/2006, 11:45 AM
1TC...really...most entertaining life evar.

TUSooner
4/24/2006, 11:47 AM
CVS has the gist of it. And according to the framer that is exactly what he meant.
I presume the framer didn't :) or :D or even ;) when he said that.

colleyvillesooner
4/24/2006, 11:48 AM
I presume the framer didn't :) or :D or even ;) when he said that.

Yeah, you should have told him "You better have forgotten a smilie!"

Then gave him this look :mad:

yermom
4/24/2006, 11:51 AM
maybe he didn't think it warranted a whole six-pack, but a 40 about covered it ;)

XingTheRubicon
4/24/2006, 12:11 PM
Why is it that certain groups of people cannot be articulated in any way?

If someone told a Mexican, I'll buy you a Corona, they'd just look at you with happy eyes.

If you observe that Italians like penne al ragu or brijole, they'll confirm that with a "yes I do, anything else?"

But certain groups of people, you can't in any way, shape or form audibly observe what they eat, drink, drive, or buy....

ChickSoonerFan
4/24/2006, 12:11 PM
heh. Are you the only one that caught the comment? Yeah...you did the right thing. That was racial.

mdklatt
4/24/2006, 12:15 PM
But certain groups of people, you can't in any way, shape or form audibly observe what they eat, drink, drive, or buy....

Go spread some mayo on your white bread, cracker.

:twinkies:

mdklatt
4/24/2006, 12:16 PM
Are you the only one that caught the comment?

Aren't we missing the most important information--does the sprinkler guy even care?

OUDoc
4/24/2006, 12:18 PM
Aren't we missing the most important information--does the sprinkler guy even care?
And did he want the quart?

1stTimeCaller
4/24/2006, 12:18 PM
Why is it that certain groups of people cannot be articulated in any way?

If someone told a Mexican, I'll buy you a Corona, they'd just look at you with happy eyes.

If you observe that Italians like penne al ragu or brijole, they'll confirm that with a "yes I do, anything else?"

that's a good question that I have no answer for. If it was friendly conversation it would have been one thing but the framer was in a ****y mood and was mad that he got caught using another contractor's lift without permission and then didn't plug it back in. The sprinkler guy was ****ed because the lift had to be recharged before he could use it this morning so he had 4 guys sitting around for an hour waiting on that lift to charge up.

1stTimeCaller
4/24/2006, 12:20 PM

He thought that the framer said 'cord'. I was the only person that caught the comment. If he would have heard the framer correctly they would probably still be throwing punches, which would be fun to watch.

It's over. Not a big deal, unless it happens again.

JohnnyMack
4/24/2006, 12:21 PM
Why do people have to be so caught up in this PC bull****? I don't get it. You dumba*s cracker.

mdklatt
4/24/2006, 12:23 PM
he had 4 guys sitting around for an hour waiting on that lift to charge up

I'm sure they appreciated the extra opportunity to practice their hat dancing, though.

Beano's Fourth Chin
4/24/2006, 12:25 PM
Was the sprinkler guy Mormon or something? I don't think mormons can drink liquids from a glass container.

You should make the framer guy work right through his siesta today.

crawfish
4/24/2006, 12:25 PM
Yet another racially charged comment I've never heard before. Almost makes me scared to speak.

Fugue
4/24/2006, 12:33 PM
And did he want the quart?

exactly, sprinkler guy is waitin' for his 40 without knowing that 1TC peed all over that happening.

Osce0la
4/24/2006, 12:40 PM
exactly, sprinkler guy is waitin' for his 40 without knowing that 1TC peed all over that happening.
Way to go 1TC, cost that guy a beer...

OUDoc
4/24/2006, 12:43 PM
Way to go 1TC, cost that guy a beer...
And that's the real crime here. I rest my case. :)

TheHumanAlphabet
4/24/2006, 12:47 PM
Now if he said he would get him a "40" or get him a Colt 45, then I'd show him the door...Guy probably thought a 6-pack would cost more than a quart...Most people round here buy quarts and drive around with them...

Hamhock
4/24/2006, 12:48 PM

Shut up and go have yourself some chicken fried steak and a glass of iced tea.

Fugue
4/24/2006, 12:49 PM

bitch(1TC) stole my 40

IB4OU2
4/24/2006, 12:52 PM
--does the sprinkler guy even care?

I thought 1TC was the sprinkler guy? :confused:

Fugue
4/24/2006, 12:53 PM
I thought 1TC was the sprinkler guy? :confused:

:D

Stanley1
4/24/2006, 12:59 PM
Depends, if they knew each other, and were cool, who are you to tell them they can't make that kind of joke?

1stTimeCaller
4/24/2006, 01:09 PM
who are you to tell them they can't make that kind of joke?

What was said wasn't that big of a deal. The context in which it was said was the important part.

Stanley1
4/24/2006, 01:14 PM
What was said wasn't that big of a deal. The context in which it was said was the important part.

Again, if they are cool with it (ie friends), then why should YOU be upset with it. If they don't know each other, or only casually know each other from work, than yea, not a smart thing to say.

I say much worse to friends of mine, but they know I'm joking.

OUinFLA
4/24/2006, 01:14 PM
Like any of you guys would turn down either one?
as long as it's ice cold, who cares.
or, in doleo's case it HAS to have a neck.

over/under on him trying to swallow a "40" neck tonight?

1stTimeCaller
4/24/2006, 01:16 PM
Again, if they are cool with it (ie friends), then why should YOU be upset with it. If they don't know each other, or only casually know each other from work, than yea, not a smart thing to say.

I say much worse to friends of mine, but they know I'm joking.

the framer hates the sprinkler guy. I understand the difference between joking around and trying to throw slurs at folks.
If the sprinkler guy would have heard him correctly the fight would have been on. I would rather not have any fights on my job.

JohnnyMack
4/24/2006, 01:17 PM
I was on a business trip. Went out with some of my friends. One dude (who is Mexican) says to another dude (who is black) in reference to a 3rd person, (who is Dominican, not even black) "That ****** is crazy". I was confused. The black guy says, "No ****". If I say that, I get some funny looks. How come that's OK?

usmc-sooner
4/24/2006, 01:20 PM
if it was racial wouldn't he have said

I'll buy yo as a 40 nig$#

and what I mean by that if he wanted it to be racial he could have made it real obvious. Maybe he got cheap in and went from a 6 to a 40.

So a black guy and Mexican talk don't have a problem and white dude plays the race card. :D

silverwheels
4/24/2006, 01:22 PM
I was on a business trip. Went out with some of my friends. One dude (who is Mexican) says to another dude (who is black) in reference to a 3rd person, (who is Dominican, not even black) "That ****** is crazy". I was confused. The black guy says, "No ****". If I say that, I get some funny looks. How come that's OK?

It's okay for minorities to use racial slurs about other minorities, apparently. But Whitey can't say anything.

Osce0la
4/24/2006, 01:22 PM
over/under on him trying to swallow a "40" neck tonight?
I'll take $20 on him trying...

yermom
4/24/2006, 01:26 PM
what about Asians? they aren't real minorities ;)

silverwheels
4/24/2006, 01:27 PM
what about Asians? they aren't real minorities ;)

They all look the same, anyway...

JohnnyMack
4/24/2006, 01:27 PM
if it was racial wouldn't he have said

I'll buy yo as a 40 nig$#

and what I mean by that if he wanted it to be racial he could have made it real obvious. Maybe he got cheap in and went from a 6 to a 40.

So a black guy and Mexican talk don't have a problem and white dude plays the race card. :D

That's kinda what I was thinking. In my situation I realized I allowed race to enter my mind and they didn't.

OhU1
4/24/2006, 01:32 PM
A black women I worked with once told me all white people eat Thanksgiving green bean caserole with the mushroom soup base and french fried crunchy onions. Supposedly we eat this each evening. I thought that was pretty funny.

Stanley1
4/24/2006, 01:34 PM
Asians have small weenis.

So CVS says. ;)

silverwheels
4/24/2006, 01:34 PM
Supposedly we eat this each evening.

You mean you don't?

silverwheels
4/24/2006, 01:35 PM

So CVS says. ;)

No more yanky my wanky. The Donger needs food!

Scott D
4/24/2006, 01:45 PM
It's okay for minorities to use racial slurs about other minorities, apparently. But Whitey can't say anything.

oh Whitey can say it.....he may just not like the end results from saying it.

silverwheels
4/24/2006, 01:45 PM
oh Whitey can say it.....he may just not like the end results from saying it.

Good point.

IB4OU2
4/24/2006, 01:51 PM
A black women I worked with once told me all white people eat Thanksgiving green bean caserole with the mushroom soup base and french fried crunchy onions. Supposedly we eat this each evening. I thought that was pretty funny.

What's so funny about it?

Scott D
4/24/2006, 01:53 PM
What's so funny about it?

yeah, what's so funny about it? IB eats that stuff every day ;)

IB4OU2
4/24/2006, 01:55 PM
yeah, what's so funny about it? IB eats that stuff every day ;)

:D

Pricetag
4/24/2006, 02:09 PM
When my wife and I were in Jamaica for our honeymoon, we climbed the Dunn's River Falls. Our tour guide told us all to stick together, because "you all look the same when you get wet." I got a good chuckle out of that.

colleyvillesooner
4/24/2006, 02:11 PM

So CVS says. ;)

Now where did I put that Stanley signature I used to have? :mad: