PDA

View Full Version : Dean is at it again!

stoopified
4/23/2006, 11:06 PM
Says their is a 95% chance Reynolds and James are gone.Further goes on to say that Crocker will be the only one to end up at OU.

Total_Ignorance_Hour
4/24/2006, 07:50 AM
Says their is a 95% chance Reynolds and James are gone.Further goes on to say that Crocker will be the only one to end up at OU.

This guy's always pessimistic.

The Consumate Showman
4/24/2006, 09:08 AM
Dean sometimes makes me wonder whether or not he is really an OU alum....

I know as a reporter he is supposed to be impartial and all, but come on Dean....these kids are bound to hear what people are saying, give them some positive reinforcement....say something like:

"Well, I know that the state of Oklahoma is greatly hoping that these young men will honor their committements and come to OU because if they do, not only will coach Capel be in good shape, but these two kids, Reynolds and James, will start right away, whereas if they go to another school, they might have to sit the bench for a year."

Something like that Deano-Faggo.....geeeez!!!!!!!!!

Jay C. Upchurch
4/24/2006, 10:29 AM
The problem with Dean is he likes to prognosticate without any real clue about the facts. He knows nothing about Scottie Reynolds other than what he's read or been told.

So for him to say there is only a 5 percent chance that Reynolds will end up at OU is absurd.

In fact, Reynolds just said on the radio that there is still a good possibility he will come to OU. Right now, he just wants to weigh his options.

The problem Reynolds and James are going to find is that there are no scholarships left at most big-time programs — this late in the recruiting process.

OU is probably going to wind up being their best option.

okienole3
4/24/2006, 10:36 AM
Wouldn't most schools find a way to get these kids in their program much like we would have found a way to get a scholarship for Darryl Arthur?

Scott D
4/24/2006, 10:43 AM
The problem with Dean is he doesn't have any real clue about the facts. He knows nothing.

You probably coulda stopped the post with just this mere tidbit about ole Blevins ;)

Collier11
4/24/2006, 11:07 AM
Im an OU guy through and through, but Holcomb makes Dean-O look like a amateur on the blitz. Dean can hardly get a full thought out that is somewhat creative and un-scripted

SleestakSooner
4/24/2006, 11:25 AM
You guys leave Dean-"O"face alone! His balls are still a bit swollen and the blood doesn't flow to the brain as well as it outta.

Grimey
4/24/2006, 12:00 PM
Im an OU guy through and through, but Holcomb makes Dean-O look like a amateur on the blitz. Dean can hardly get a full thought out that is somewhat creative and un-scripted

Holcomb is the best sports news guy in Oklahoma. He is a lot like Bill Teegins was in that you know he is an OSU guy, but he is so good it doesn't matter.

The Consumate Showman
4/24/2006, 12:16 PM
I hate to agree, but you guys are right....Holcomb is by far the best.

BBJ and BBS, Brian Brinkley, and Matt "the masticater" Reese - all SucK

Mark Rodgers and his band of merry faggots are - Horridifible

Deano is a blow hard most of the time and TOOby Rowland has got to be one of the most annoying guys on TV.....

Grimey
4/24/2006, 12:23 PM
In Tulsa, we have Al Jerkins who actually isn't bad, but Holcomb is much better. I don't have an opinion on the other guy (Jack Bunds) as I never watch that channel.

Collier11
4/24/2006, 12:31 PM
I hate to agree, but you guys are right....Holcomb is by far the best.

BBJ and BBS, Brian Brinkley, and Matt "the masticater" Reese - all SucK

Mark Rodgers and his band of merry faggots are - Horridifible

Deano is a blow hard most of the time and TOOby Rowland has got to be one of the most annoying guys on TV.....

I would rate them in my unofficial oklahoma news guy rating system which is completely not like the BCS
1: Holcolmb
2:Rodgers
3:BBJ
4:The other guy on channel 5
5:Brinkley
6:BBS
7:Dean
8:Toby

skycat
4/24/2006, 12:48 PM
The problem with Dean is he likes to prognosticate without any real clue about the facts. He knows nothing about Scottie Reynolds other than what he's read or been told.

So for him to say there is only a 5 percent chance that Reynolds will end up at OU is absurd.

In fact, Reynolds just said on the radio that there is still a good possibility he will come to OU. Right now, he just wants to weigh his options.

The problem Reynolds and James are going to find is that there are no scholarships left at most big-time programs — this late in the recruiting process.

OU is probably going to wind up being their best option.

I mentioned in another thread that Reynolds has been quoted as saying he wants to hear from Washington. Washington has a schollie to give for next year, and needs a PG.

I don't know that Reynolds will end up there, but it seems like a strong possibility if he doesn't go to OU.

Grimey
4/24/2006, 12:58 PM
Holcomb gave me a kidney once. God bless 'em!

Jay C. Upchurch
4/24/2006, 01:10 PM
One of the keys to this whole deal is the fact Reynolds and James still want to play at the same school. The only place that is going to happen is OU, if they want to have a chance to play for a really good program.

jk the sooner fan
4/24/2006, 01:14 PM
well at least Dean was a great QB at OU........

oh wait.....

The Consumate Showman
4/24/2006, 01:18 PM
I would rate them in my unofficial oklahoma news guy rating system which is completely not like the BCS
1: Holcolmb
2:Rodgers
3:BBJ
4:The other guy on channel 5
5:Brinkley
6:BBS
7:Dean
8:Toby

(thoughts / my rank)

1: agree (1)
2: sorry, can't stand him (7)
3: is okay for now, but getting cheesy like his old man (3)
4: Chris Callahan? poindexter extraordinaire.... (6)
5: The best on 4, just a little monotonous (2)
6: Stu-st-st-st-st-stu-stutt-stuttering probelm extravaganza (4)
7: Chicken Little (5)
8: Rainbow warrior (8)

The Consumate Showman
4/24/2006, 01:20 PM
One of the keys to this whole deal is the fact Reynolds and James still want to play at the same school. The only place that is going to happen is OU, if they want to have a chance to play for a really good program.

Amen! Amen! These BOYS have waited too long. If they think they're going to get to play together at any other BIG school, they're crazy....

LSUdeek
4/24/2006, 01:22 PM
Amen! Amen! These BOYS have waited too long. If they think they're going to get to play together at any other BIG school, they're crazy....

I thought it was Reynolds and Arthur that wante dto play together..

JohnnyMack
4/24/2006, 01:31 PM
I'm fine with them looking around and seeing what options there are. They came to OU because of Kelvin AND OU. Not one and not the other. If they feel like they need to reevaluate their situation I have no problem with that. In fact I totally understand it.

Big Red Ron
4/24/2006, 01:56 PM
Maybe someone should point out that without OU Kelvin isn't at Indiana. Without Kelvin we are still a very good basketball program.

The Consumate Showman
4/24/2006, 01:56 PM
I thought it was Reynolds and Arthur that wante dto play together..

No. Apparently it's Reynolds and James....

stoopified
4/24/2006, 02:03 PM
Jay I hope you are right.I guess I have a bad attitude because I wouldn't give a release.I would make them transfer.I was brought up to believe that when you give your word you honor that commitment.They signed a LOI to play for OU and the coaching change should not alter that fact.I do think OU would be severely handicapped should we lose Renolds and James because all the best players are signed already and we would end up taking Chris Walker type gambles to fill the holes.

The Consumate Showman
4/24/2006, 02:09 PM
I'm fine with them looking around and seeing what options there are. They came to OU because of Kelvin AND OU. Not one and not the other. If they feel like they need to reevaluate their situation I have no problem with that. In fact I totally understand it.

The only problem I have is that OU could not help it that KElvin decided to leave. I would venture to bet that if Kelvin died in a car wreck, Scottie and the others might not be having such a hard time deciding where to go. I understand where they are coming from, I just wish Kelvin wouln't have left this year, that way we could have kept these kids........

The Consumate Showman
4/25/2006, 10:54 AM
This whole thing with Scottie calling these other guys and talking with them sounds fishy to me. Who annointed Scottie the "leader" for the rest of our recruits to follow???? I dont think we should let any more of these kids out of their LOI's....let them transfer and sit out....

jdsooner
4/25/2006, 08:40 PM
Holcomb's dad was my major professor in college (OBU) and seminary. (NOBTS) They are a wonderful family. It's kind of ironic that John does OSU, because I remember a shot of him during the Ice Bowl Bedlam game and he was cheering for OU back in his college (OBU) days. Bob Hoffman went to OBU as well and he is a great guy also.

Vegas Sooner
4/26/2006, 12:18 AM
Maybe someone should point out that without OU Kelvin isn't at Indiana. Without Kelvin we are still a very good basketball program.
Kelvin was a good coach.

Crimsontothecore
4/26/2006, 04:58 PM
Speaking of the Sports Animal, Did anyone hear the caller last week who left Traber speechless? After the Capel hire, Traber spent 20 minutes slamming Capel and saying what a bad hire it was, A caller last week asked him why he was so high on Sean Sutton considering he has LESS head coaching expierence than Capel. For the first time that loud mouth didn't know what to say. It was priceless!

The Consumate Showman
4/27/2006, 10:30 AM
Speaking of the Sports Animal, Did anyone hear the caller last week who left Traber speechless? After the Capel hire, Traber spent 20 minutes slamming Capel and saying what a bad hire it was, A caller last week asked him why he was so high on Sean Sutton considering he has LESS head coaching expierence than Capel. For the first time that loud mouth didn't know what to say. It was priceless!

Damn...I wish I would have heard that one. It might have prompted me to call in...Did Traber say anything?

Crimsontothecore
4/27/2006, 10:53 AM
Damn...I wish I would have heard that one. It might have prompted me to call in...Did Traber say anything?
Yeah, He said "Look, I'm willing to give the guy a chance, I didn't say he COULDN'T succeed". Major back-pedaling.

badger
4/27/2006, 11:02 AM
http://www.deanblevins.com/

bluedogok
4/29/2006, 11:31 PM
At least you guys get some OU coverage, I turn the news off after the weather so I don't have the watch the UT Sports Information Office report every night :mad: