PDA

View Full Version : No lights

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/23/2006, 10:15 PM
Last night I was on my way to a house party in Norman around 11:30. I was on 36th Street and all of the sudden my dashboard lights go dark except for my "check engine" light that remains on because it is too expensive to fix the light. I quickly realized my exterior lights had also turned off.

Needless to say, I was pretty scared because I thought my car was having mechanical problems of some sort. Luckily, no one was around me. I pulled into a neighborhood to collect my thoughts and remembered my lights have always just come on automatically when it gets dark. So I turned the knob and the lights came back on. I bet it's just a fuse.

I'm just glad there were no other cars around me at the time.

olevetonahill
4/23/2006, 10:47 PM
Last night I was on my way to a house party in Norman around 11:30. I was on 36th Street and all of the sudden my dashboard lights go dark except for my "check engine" light that remains on because it is too expensive to fix the light. I quickly realized my exterior lights had also turned off.

Needless to say, I was pretty scared because I thought my car was having mechanical problems of some sort. Luckily, no one was around me. I pulled into a neighborhood to collect my thoughts and remembered my lights have always just come on automatically when it gets dark. So I turned the knob and the lights came back on. I bet it's just a fuse.

I'm just glad there were no other cars around me at the time.
Aint a fuse , clean your dash off .
what kinda car maybe I can help with whats wrong

usmc-sooner
4/23/2006, 10:56 PM
disconnect your battery posts for about 10 minutes

olevetonahill
4/23/2006, 11:12 PM
disconnect your battery posts for about 10 minutes
You can do that but it wipes the codes stored in you cars puter
Better to retrieve em then wipe em and see what resets