PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Clausen commits to domers

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/23/2006, 02:55 PM
I'm getting tired of those bastages, again, already.

Soonerus
4/23/2006, 02:57 PM
...yawn....

4/23/2006, 03:03 PM
...yawn....Hey, college football news is slow, now. Put up something interesting to read.

GDC
4/23/2006, 03:04 PM
Hey, college football news is slow, now. Put up something interesting to read.

I could post all the gaggie spring game articles from the Tulsa World for you.

Flagstaffsooner
4/23/2006, 03:06 PM
I'm getting tired of those bastages, again, already.Heh, they pay good money and butt f*ck altar boys.

4/23/2006, 03:09 PM
Heh, they pay good money and butt f*ck alter boys.Who, the proud alums, or the coaching staff? Hey, the Catholic thing doesn't bother me at all. It's just the drooling media that is repulsive.

OU-HSV
4/23/2006, 05:55 PM
I assume Jimmy will be redshirted this year as Brady Quinn looks to have a huge season.

OUstud
4/23/2006, 05:57 PM
Meh. Name accomplishments worth anything the brothers Clausen have done, and give me a reason this Marinovich II will be any better.

4/23/2006, 06:03 PM
Meh. Name accomplishments worth anything the brothers Clausen have done, and give me a reason this Marinovich II will be any better.That's the spirit. Hope you're right.

4/23/2006, 06:09 PM
I assume Jimmy will be redshirted this year as Brady Quinn looks to have a huge season.Clausen is a senior in HS this yr..He's just committing early.

OU-HSV
4/23/2006, 06:10 PM
Clausen is a senior in HS this yr..He's just committing early.
That's right..I forgot about that.

jccouger
4/23/2006, 08:21 PM
Clausen is a senior in HS this yr..He's just committing early.

Hes a junior right now, going to be a senior next year.

Oldnslo
4/23/2006, 09:31 PM
Meh. Name accomplishments worth anything the brothers Clausen have done, and give me a reason this Marinovich II will be any better.
They do a wonderful saurkraut.

oh. wait.

nevermind.

westcoast_sooner
4/23/2006, 10:18 PM
Kinda makes me feel pretty good about our new backup QB - Halzle. Read an article about this on Yahoo ( http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news;_ylt=ApvjAOc0Y0aLA72VAwnO0XMcvrYF?slug=ap-notredame-clausen&prov=ap&type=lgns ) where it says that Clausen is trying to recruit another kid that he played with in HS to go play for the Domers, too. Keep in mind that Halzle also played at Oaks Christian School in Westlake Village, Ca. and gave way to Clausen in his senior season. I'm beginning to think it's one of those high profile private schools that turns out some good prospects.

I'm sure Coach Stoops is aware of the prospects and will recruit accordingly and hopefully land the best.

stoopified
4/23/2006, 11:19 PM
It is 1120 pm and ND still sucks.

slickdawg
4/23/2006, 11:21 PM
It is 1120 pm and ND still sucks.

and VY is still a dumbass.

mrssoonerhubler
4/23/2006, 11:25 PM
and VY is still a dumbass.
Let it be written in stone. :D

tennsooner
4/24/2006, 04:49 AM
Let it be written in stone. :D
Yeah ...and as long as he keeps his hair short you could still read it.:D :D :texan:

Sooner in Tampa
4/24/2006, 05:54 AM
Clausen may even win a couple of Heismans at ND....BWHAHAHAHAHAHA

william_brasky
4/24/2006, 06:59 AM
Clausen may even win a couple of Heismans at ND....BWHAHAHAHAHAHA

I wouldn't laugh about that. The kid is an absolute stud.

Sooner in Tampa
4/24/2006, 07:02 AM
I wouldn't laugh about that. The kid is an absolute stud.I don't doubt that he is a stud, but how many CAN'T MISS kids have missed?

william_brasky
4/24/2006, 07:30 AM
I don't doubt that he is a stud, but how many CAN'T MISS kids have missed?

Do you want a definitive answer on that? :twinkies:

I think the kid is going to tear it up in college ball if he stays healthy.

Sooner in Tampa
4/24/2006, 07:43 AM
Time will tell. I think that the kid made a smart choice...if you really think that Charlie Wiess is the savior for all things QB.

JLB
4/24/2006, 09:07 PM
I want to know how much ND paid for Jimmys service.

RedstickSooner
4/25/2006, 10:12 AM
Keep in mind that Halzle also played at Oaks Christian School in Westlake Village, Ca. and gave way to Clausen in his senior season.

Uhm. He got bumped senior year for a, what, Frosh pickle? Perhaps a sophomore?

Doesn't make me feel so warm and fuzzy. I like Hazle, though - great arm, and I think if he settles down a bit, he'll be a fine QB.

The starting senior QB doesn't usually get bumped, even to a very talented pickle, unless the starting senior is struggling some.

caphorns
4/25/2006, 11:03 AM
Two words: Ron Powlus.

As for Claussen brother's accomplishments? I have to go with the pickle. Other than that, this Claussen just accomplished the greatest college football feat of all the brothers -- not agreeing to play for Fat Fulmer.

Harry Beanbag
4/25/2006, 11:57 AM
Nice hair.

http://images.sportsline.com/u/photos/football/college/img9393294.jpg

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/9393293

The first hint was a cryptic e-mail bearing a 310 area code contact number.

"A major college recruiting announcement will be made this coming Saturday ... at the College Football Hall of Fame."

Okaaaay. Meaning what, exactly?

We soon found out Saturday morning. The second hint -- it was more like an uppercut to the jaw -- was a white stretch Hummer limousine rolling up to the South Bend, Ind.-based Hall. It bore 15 members of the Clausen entourage.

Out stepped -- most notably -- a well-polished, spike-haired high-school junior quarterback flashing three huge high school championship rings on his right hand.

In terms of entrances, Jimmy Clausen outdid Don King, Don Corleone and Don Quixote combined.

"He's not a showboat," said Jeff Freeman, of the L.A. public relations firm that sent out the e-mail.

Oh.

:rolleyes:

caphorns
4/25/2006, 12:04 PM
Based on that picture and his family pedigree, I'd say we kill all the hype now and sit him down for a Wonderlik test.

Sooner in Tampa
4/25/2006, 12:07 PM
He looks a little limp wristed in that picture.

Octavian
4/25/2006, 12:07 PM
http://images.sportsline.com/u/photos/football/college/img9393294.jpg

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60019&highlight=guidos

The Consumate Showman
4/25/2006, 12:33 PM
THis thread needs to stop. Who cares about a domer and their sissy-boy recruits?