PDA

View Full Version : Most Dreaded Chore

ChickSoonerFan
4/23/2006, 02:47 PM
I hate bringing in the groceries from the car to the house.

Other than that, I am pretty happy and content girl but I HATE to bring in the groceries. I don't mind shopping or putting them away, just bringing them in.

Have I said that enough times? I do not like to bring in the groceries. If I ever get married again, it will be in my vows that he will bring in the groceries.

OK..I got to go put them away now.

Is that even really a chore? I don't know but I'd rather dust, sweep, do dishes, laundry, clean the tub...anything other than bring in the groceries.

TopDaugIn2000
4/23/2006, 02:49 PM
I hate housework in general. would MUCH rather be outside working.

my least favorite inside chore would have to be dusting, folding clothes, and unloading the dishwasher.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
4/23/2006, 02:50 PM
I'm the same way. I'll load myself down with bags to the point I can barely walk, just to avoid having to make two trips.

I'd still rather do that than clean the tub though.

oumartin
4/23/2006, 02:51 PM
u poor miserable souls you.

TopDaugIn2000
4/23/2006, 02:52 PM

exactly.

ChickSoonerFan
4/23/2006, 02:55 PM

I know it is not that big of a deal and if that is my biggest complaint in my life then I am blessed...agreed.

I just HATE BRINGING IN THE GROCERIES!!!

:D

King Crimson
4/23/2006, 02:56 PM
putting the fitted sheet on the bed, i don't know why....but it's annoying.

ChickSoonerFan
4/23/2006, 02:57 PM

That's a good one. And trying to fold fitted sheets? I watched Martha Stewart do a whole segment about how to do that once and I still can't get it right.

TopDaugIn2000
4/23/2006, 02:59 PM
That's a good one. And trying to fold fitted sheets? I watched Martha Stewart do a whole segment about how to do that once and I still can't get it right.

WORD

I just take it out of the dryer and put it back on the bed. Forget trying to fold the fuggers. IMPOSSIBLE.

My granny has tried and tried to teach me how, but I just can't get it.

SicEmBaylor
4/23/2006, 02:59 PM
Move to Waco. We got so many illegals here that'll do anything for a buck fifty.

StoopTroup
4/23/2006, 03:03 PM
http://www.junkbrosnews.com/images/poopup2%20.jpg

TopDaugIn2000
4/23/2006, 03:04 PM
I can proudly say I have NEVER changed a diaper, and don't plan to.

two little brothers and two nieces, not one diaper change for me. I RAWK.

(cleaned/picked up plenty of dog ****e though)

oumartin
4/23/2006, 03:13 PM
i'd rather change a dirty diaper than pick up dog doo..
but thats me.

Soonrboy
4/23/2006, 03:16 PM
Me too...I hate folding/putting away clothes. Unfortunately, we both do, so sometimes we just live out of baskets.

soonerhubs
4/23/2006, 03:16 PM
i'd rather change a dirty diaper than pick up dog doo..
but thats me.
What if your dog wore a diaper?:D

Sooner98
4/23/2006, 03:22 PM
This brings up the age-old debate: do you prefer paper or plastic? With the paper, they can get more groceries into the bag, which means fewer bags to ultimately carry in. However, the plastic has the handles, which you can put your arms through, which allows you to carry more bags at once. Being a bachelor myself, I usually don't have a ton of groceries to carry, but occasionally I will have a big load to bring in. Like SanDiegoSoonerGal, I've always tried to get the whole thing in one trip, by putting like five bags on each arm. Of course, this can only be done with plastic. Plus, the likelihood of dropping a bag with breakables in it (eggs, glass jars) is higher with paper bags, since you can't get as good a grip on them, plus they tear easier. Plastic is definitely the bag of choice for me!

etouffee
4/23/2006, 03:28 PM
Changing the litter box.

pb4ou
4/23/2006, 03:33 PM
washing dishes :mad:

mrssoonerhubler
4/23/2006, 03:36 PM
washing dishes :mad:
I'm with you on that.

pb4ou
4/23/2006, 03:37 PM
yep, that chore SUCCS

IB4OU2
4/23/2006, 03:39 PM
Hauling square baled hay in 100 degree heat ranks up there in the worst chore/job........particularly if it was mowed a little wet. You can lose a few pounds in a week if you do that kind of work.

StoopTroup
4/23/2006, 03:43 PM
http://immediaterelease.typepad.com/immediate_release/images/kfed.jpg

I see what you mean.:eek:

King Crimson
4/23/2006, 03:46 PM
http://immediaterelease.typepad.com/immediate_release/images/kfed.jpg

I see what you mean.:eek:

well, i live by myself. i can see you don't.

:texan:

Cam
4/23/2006, 03:46 PM
I hate mowing, especially bagging. I'm what you'd call addicted to air conditioning.

I like to tell myself that Phoenix summers spoiled the outdoors for me, but that's just me trying to rationalize it. I was like that before we moved there.

85Sooner
4/23/2006, 03:49 PM
cuttting the hedges and having to bag the Sh!t. Sucks but its only once a year.

Newbomb Turk
4/23/2006, 04:05 PM
I hate mowing, especially bagging.

I don't mind mowing, cept when it's 100 degrees. I try to get out fairly early on Saturday morning and get it done for the weekend.

I like to cook, but hate cleaning up afterward.

Tailwind
4/23/2006, 04:12 PM

Other than that, I am pretty happy and content girl but I HATE to bring in the groceries. I don't mind shopping or putting them away, just bringing them in.

Have I said that enough times? I do not like to bring in the groceries. If I ever get married again, it will be in my vows that he will bring in the groceries.

Is that even really a chore? I don't know but I'd rather dust, sweep, do dishes, laundry, clean the tub...anything other than bring in the groceries.
Don't you have kids? Failing to put them to work, you could get a radio flyer and fill it up, then pull the sucker to the house.
I hate cleaning period. 'Specially cleaning up after grown kids who can't seem to get the hang of doing anything that remotely looks like cleaning.

pb4ou
4/23/2006, 04:14 PM
OOOHHH, I got one everybody hates...........

packing & moving

Cam
4/23/2006, 04:15 PM

packing & moving
That's one you pay others to do.

Tailwind
4/23/2006, 04:16 PM

packing & moving
I'm with you there!

Newbomb Turk
4/23/2006, 04:16 PM
I wouldn't call packing and moving a "chore". But is is teh succ.

ChickSoonerFan
4/23/2006, 04:24 PM
Don't you have kids? Failing to put them to work, you could get a radio flyer and fill it up, then pull the sucker to the house.
I hate cleaning period. 'Specially cleaning up after grown kids who can't seem to get the hang of doing anything that remotely looks like cleaning.

Yes and when they are with me they do have to help bring them in. But I prefer to do the BIG shopping by myself so they are not with me.

I try to get the plastic bags as full of as much stuff as possible and lug them up to the house in as few trips as possible. Not sure why...I just HATE BRINING IN THE GROCERIES!

:)

Newbomb Turk
4/23/2006, 04:26 PM
I'm getting mixed signals here - how do you really feel about bringing in the groceries?

Tailwind
4/23/2006, 04:27 PM
I'm not fond of the entire shopping process, but nobody else in the house does it right, so I have to. They do have to bring the stuff in though....I hate that too.

Sooner_Bob
4/23/2006, 04:31 PM

it's folding a fitted sheet for me . . .

ChickSoonerFan
4/23/2006, 04:32 PM
I'm getting mixed signals here - how do you really feel about bringing in the groceries?

:O

I know...I'll stop now. I just HATE BRINGING IN THE GROCERIES.

OK...now I'll stop. ;)

pb4ou
4/23/2006, 04:34 PM
I've always thought about swipeing a grocery basket and keeping it at home so I could load all the groceries into it from the car and wheel in into the house.

Heh

Sooner_Bob
4/23/2006, 04:41 PM
Hauling square baled hay in 100 degree heat ranks up there in the worst chore/job........particularly if it was mowed a little wet. You can lose a few pounds in a week if you do that kind of work.

Truer words have never been spoken . . . peanut hay is the worst.

SoonerInKCMO
4/23/2006, 04:46 PM
I always use one of the little hand baskets when I'm grocery shopping; that way I never buy more than I can carry in from the car in one trip.

Stanley1
4/23/2006, 04:57 PM
I hate cleaning bathrooms and kitchens. In fact.....I don't.

ChickSoonerFan
4/23/2006, 05:06 PM

Looked clean to me.

soonerbrat
4/23/2006, 05:07 PM
ok. i'll be your roommate and if you fold my laundry, i'll bring in the groceries. and even put them away.

Stanley1
4/23/2006, 05:07 PM
Looked clean to me.

Thank the messicans. :O

SicEmBaylor
4/23/2006, 05:08 PM
Thank the messicans. :O

Thata boy. ;-)

BajaOklahoma
4/23/2006, 05:12 PM

packing & moving

Nope, I actually enjoy it. I toss stuff as we pack, so it is a major Spring cleaning for me. We moved 6 times in a four year period, so I actually got pretty good at it. It brings out my OCD. :eek: (I hate selling the house - having to have it clean all of the time, being ready to leave at a moment's notice so it can be shown, dealing with lookers.)
I hate doing bathrooms.

Tailwind
4/23/2006, 05:15 PM
Sheesh....all this talk about chores (plus all the dishes and laundry I've done today) is making me tired. I need a nap now.

Melo
4/23/2006, 05:16 PM
I hate washing the dishes. I never used to hate them. Until I came to college and had to live in an apartment that has no dishwasher. Washing everything by hand is the succ.

My parents ask me to help clean every once in awhile when I am home. They get all of us together and say 'lets clean for a couple hours, then we can do whatever we want for the rest of the day.' I always get stuck with cleaning baseboards, or wiping off all the black smudgy handprints that are on all the doors by the doorknobs. I also end up vacuming the stairs a lot.

Or I will get asked to wash the cars. Moms car, little ol bug, takes no time at all. The truck, though... takes lots of time. And then I have to vacume out the truck, too. But I do a good job on it, and I get to hang out in my bathing suit. :D

soonerbrat
4/23/2006, 05:18 PM
i'm packing and moving this week so if anyone would like to help.....feel free!

ChickSoonerFan
4/23/2006, 05:50 PM

Where'd everybody go? :rolleyes:

Stanley1
4/23/2006, 05:56 PM
Where'd everybody go? :rolleyes:

I'd help, but you know: <pick lame excuse from.....> I'll be washing my hair, I don't have a truck, I hurt my back recently, I have to work, I'll be out town

BajaOklahoma
4/23/2006, 06:03 PM

I'm tied up until May 24th, but I would help then if you want to wait. :O
I really do like it.

bigdsooner
4/23/2006, 06:23 PM
my only chore is mowing the yard, all other chores are now my kids responsibilities, except the laundry...thats my wifes jorb

jk the sooner fan
4/23/2006, 06:28 PM
picking up after the dogs in the yard has to be my least favorite

Oldnslo
4/23/2006, 06:50 PM
I don't so much mind picking up after the dog. I mean MY dog. I sure don't want to pick up after your dog. I swear, I think some people have trained their dogs to poop in my yard.

Bastards.

I don't like to do the bathrooms.

Folding the fitted sheet? no problem.

TopDaugIn2000
4/23/2006, 07:32 PM
after I moved into the dorms my freshman year I went out and bought tons of crap (groceries, school supplies, dorm stuff, etc) and THEN discovered "oh ****e, I have to park out in BFE and then make MANY trips back to the dorm draggin all this ****e up to the 6th floor. (yes, there are elevators, but it was still a pain in the arse)

from then on, I bought a little at a time.

Scott D
4/23/2006, 08:38 PM

why do you have daughters again?

Scott D
4/23/2006, 08:39 PM

yeah, I'll be right down there......in a few months ;)

IB4OU2
4/23/2006, 10:17 PM

That's womens work anyway.............;)

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/23/2006, 10:30 PM
All of them. This summer I'm hiring someone to come clean my house.

PrideTrombone
4/23/2006, 10:33 PM
Yard work. All of it.

JohnnyMack
4/23/2006, 10:34 PM
I don't mind doing the dishes. It's something that is very finite, something I can see an end to. The pile is X high and when I'm done, I'm done.

Mowing the yard is the same way......until July. Then I'd rather put my sack in a cuisinart than be out there.

sanantoniosooner
4/23/2006, 10:35 PM
Dinner with the inlaws.

olevetonahill
4/23/2006, 10:41 PM
I hate housework in general. would MUCH rather be outside working.

my least favorite inside chore would have to be dusting, folding clothes, and unloading the dishwasher.
I dont dust , I just plant
I dont fold clothes I just toss the clean ones in one corner the dirty in another . When the dirty pilem is the bigger I have to wash some of em
Use paper plates , problem solved .
Now as to the grocery the thing , the only good part of em is the eatin em:cool: