PDA

View Full Version : just got off the phone with one of my best friends--he's a DI now

usmc-sooner
4/22/2006, 11:07 PM
a SSgt in the below zone for Gunny, talking about how easy they want to make it for recruits these days.

Man, me and him went through a lot together. Him and his wife watched my 2 daughters way back in 2000 when we went to Miami to watch OU whup up on FSU.

kinda making me teary eyed just thinking about all the good old days.

OhU1
4/22/2006, 11:16 PM
I'd rather have it hard in boot camp and be prepared for battle than get some dumbed down pussified training and get killed in combat.

If they are backing off on basic training for the Marines I can't image what they are doing for the Army and Air Force. My best friend in high school went to the Marine reserves when he was 18. He did well maxing out on most of the P.T. tests. 10 years later in 1991 he was out of shape (my fat *** beat him 6 out of 6 in the 100 yard dash at Owens Field) and jobless. He joined the Army. He said the Army's basic training was a joke compared to the Marines.

I'm impressed with anyone who goes through basic. But the Marines are supposed to be special. They damn sure need to be as they are the ones in the front.

usmc-sooner
4/22/2006, 11:37 PM
don't worry because SOI is a mothe% fuc^&*4 compared to boot camp. I did MCT and SOI and I thought both were harder than boot camp