PDA

View Full Version : Tommy Whiteman..

BoomerJack
4/22/2006, 04:50 PM
.. former Sooner SS a few years ago was drafted by the Astros and eventually made it to AAA in '04 & '05. I checked this AM to see how is was doing and he isn't on any Astro farm team roster.

Does anyone know in which organization he's playing for now, if at all or suggestions how I can find out?

Thanks.

Big Red Ron
4/22/2006, 05:40 PM
I know he beat the mother of his son into a coma and got sued. You might check the county jail.

BoomerJack
4/22/2006, 06:16 PM
I know he beat the mother of his son into a coma and got sued. You might check the county jail.

Are you F^@*)!g serious!?!?!?!? First I've heard of this. When and where did this happen?????

Big Red Ron
4/22/2006, 09:27 PM
It's been quite a while. Maybe seven years ago. He played after but never really "made it."

BoomerJack
4/23/2006, 12:26 PM
It's been quite a while. Maybe seven years ago. He played after but never really "made it."

I'm a little confused BigRedRon. Seven years ago would mean that he committed this assault while at OU because he lettered in 1999 and 2000. And he was only sued ?!?!?!?

But be that as it may, he was on the Astro's spring training roster this year and was expected to start the '06 season with the Astro AAA team in Round Rock, TX. But he doesn't appear on the roster. I assume that he was traded since the Astros SS and 3B positions are solid.

Big Red Ron
4/23/2006, 12:56 PM
He had the son while at OU he beat her up in 2000, right after college. It was because she was crazy enough to expect child support.

He is not a good person and a severe alcoholic.

Big Red Ron
4/23/2006, 01:03 PM
Appaently he's got a few illegitimate kids that he doesn't pay Child Support for.

The first event was in 1999

http://www.oscn.net/applications/ocisweb/GetCaseInformation.asp?submitted=true&viewtype=caseGeneral&casemasterID=121938&db=Oklahoma

Ike
4/23/2006, 01:18 PM
cant find him on a player search on minorleaguebaseball.com, nor does MLB.com offer any idea of who he is playing for.

which may mean he has been released.

BoomerJack
4/23/2006, 02:29 PM
Wow!!! I had no idea about all this. A friend's son was on the 2000 team and I attended a lot of OU games that year and remember Whiteman playing SS.

And since I was living in Houston, I would check on Whiteman's progress through their chain over the last few years. I knew that when the 'Stros brought up Adam Everett in late '04, I think it was, that it was gonna be tough for Whiteman to make it to the show, at least with Houston. I figured it was only a matter of time before he was traded to another organization. Or perhaps decided to give it up.

Sad story. I just hope he gets it together.

victory69
5/6/2006, 07:21 PM
I played with tommy my freshman year. Tommy had a long swing tht could not handle good pitching. After a poor year last year, he was released in spring training.

CatBallOU
5/8/2006, 08:04 PM
I read on the Rockies website that he was signed on 4/12/06, along with Derek Wathan, to play for the Sky Sox (AAA Colorado Springs). Wathan was traded to the Redhawks within a week, but Tommy's not on any roster.

texan000
5/31/2006, 03:40 PM
i knew tommy and his ex from OU also and i know for a fact that his ex was psycho...she got pregnant and had another guys baby when they were together...his paternity test came back 100%negative on her child...i witnessed her craziness so Tommy is not the bad guy!!!!

trwxxa
5/31/2006, 09:18 PM
He is with the Colorado Springs Sky Sox, according to minorleaguebaseball.com

Notes section from 5/26
"Also, joining the team is IF Tommy Whiteman who had been in extended spring. Whiteman, 26, is the first pro athelte from the Crow Nation tribe and spent the past six years in the Houston Astros organization."

CatBallOU
6/5/2006, 10:25 AM
Yo, Texan000! Could you explain the 02/08/01 conviction for A&B and guilty plea for A&B--domestic abuse after his case went to a jury trial in Oklahoma County? Notice on Oklahoma Supreme Court Network (OSCN as noted in earlier Soonerfans.com post) there were 2 occurrences, one on 08/22/99 and the other on 12/08/2000. Maybe this isn't the same person??? How could it be???? There is another suit (paternity) filed in Cleveland County on 08/28/2002 by a different woman. Probable stolen identity here. It just doesn't add up, does it?

Big Red Ron
6/5/2006, 10:30 AM
i knew tommy and his ex from OU also and i know for a fact that his ex was psycho...she got pregnant and had another guys baby when they were together...his paternity test came back 100%negative on her child...i witnessed her craziness so Tommy is not the bad guy!!!!it's been certified, he is the father.

ouflak
6/5/2006, 10:55 AM
Was it 'certified', or did a test prove it? There is a difference. Judges have a lot of leeway here. They can declare a man the 'father' of a child even if has never known or met the mother and clearly has no biological relation to the child! It's pretty crazy, but is justified under the auspices of "what's best for the children".

Phil
6/5/2006, 12:41 PM
OK, people - that's enough.