PDA

View Full Version : F the Oklahoman

Jimminy Crimson
4/22/2006, 10:51 AM
Raking OU over the coals about the phone call bit but stroking :eddie: because he is a hero. :rolleyes:

Give me a physical break! :mad:

King Crimson
4/22/2006, 10:55 AM
yeah, i don't understand that. it's not like Eddie hasn't had any more severe brushes with breaking the rules. and this has nothing to do with his alchoholism--which i won't criticize him for. but, just plain cheating at UK.

wasn't like he rolled into Stillwater as a saint 12 years ago or whatever.

chriscappel
4/22/2006, 11:02 AM
i will agree with ya both....How can ole Eddie be a saint after the sh!t he pulled? If you are gonna bash us about the calls dont praise and alchoholic drug abuser!!! that is all..

Jimminy Crimson
4/22/2006, 11:06 AM
i will agree with ya both....How can ole Eddie be a saint after the sh!t he pulled? If you are gonna bash us about the calls dont praise and alchoholic drug abuser!!! that is all..

But it's a disease! :rolleyes:

Yeah, well maybe Sampson is addicted to making phone calls. He's the real victim! lol

chriscappel
4/22/2006, 11:07 AM

Yeah, well maybe Sampson is addicted to making phone calls. He's the real victim! lol

hehe i guess so eh?

Soonerus
4/22/2006, 11:23 AM
Eddie has real credibility problems any way you try to spin it....

OUstud
4/22/2006, 12:20 PM

[Mitch Hedburg]Alcoholism is the only disease you can get yelled at for having. "Dammit Otto, you're an alcoholic. Dammit Otto, you have lupus." One of those doesn't sound right.[/Mitch Hedburg]

NormanPride
4/22/2006, 12:52 PM
copy/paste article por favor?

jdsooner
4/22/2006, 03:58 PM
I am tired of media members who can't believe that people would want Sampson to leave, then rip OU for cheating under Sampson. What??? Make up your mind. If things were so bad under Sampson, then media people shold be glad he is gone.

oumartin
4/22/2006, 04:16 PM
Eddie has one foot in the grave and the other in rehab. they feel bad for the old fart and are sucking up to him.

stoopified
4/22/2006, 05:39 PM
Eddie has one foot in the grave and the other in rehab. they feel bad for the old fart and are sucking up to him.Nah I think they just love everything that is traffic cone orange.

stoops the eternal pimp
4/22/2006, 06:19 PM
Berry Tramel <[email protected]> wrote:
Nolen: Great point. In fact, Boren and Castiglione missed the boat. They should have brought that up to the NCAA infractions committee.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Saturday, April 22, 2006 5:37 PM
To: Berry Tramel
Subject: which is worse

Is it better to be too intoxicated to drive, hit a
lady 3 times, and put people in danger ,or make too
many phone calls to recruits. your articles suggest
the first.

crawfish
4/22/2006, 06:27 PM
I'm sure Tramel is sooooo disappointed that all the players in question are probably going to go elsewhere and he's lost four years worth of whiney articles. :rolleyes:

stoops the eternal pimp
4/22/2006, 06:34 PM
Everytime I send something, he's replying right back...must be upset..

Jimminy

I used your line about Sampson's disease making phone calls in my last email to berry...

Jimminy Crimson
4/22/2006, 06:53 PM
I'm glad he liked it.

stoops the eternal pimp
4/22/2006, 06:57 PM
All media guys love my email address..

Jimminy Crimson
4/22/2006, 07:03 PM
All media guys love my email address..

Yeah, I bet it gets attention in an inbox.

Sooner_75
4/22/2006, 08:30 PM
Eddie is such the saint that he allowed his own son to try and pass a test for a high profile UK player.

stoopified
4/22/2006, 09:51 PM
Bury Berry!What kind of idiot named Barry would be stupid enough to spell it BERRY?That is just retarded.

Jimminy Crimson
4/22/2006, 10:21 PM
Bury Berry!What kind of idiot named Barry would be stupid enough to spell it BERRY?That is just retarded.

A fruit? ;)

Total_Ignorance_Hour
4/24/2006, 07:48 AM
Whatever breaks the media gives :eddie: I will not defend. If you or I pulled that we'd be on trial right now.

But the article on recruiting by Sampson's staff is right. You can disagree with NCAA rules, but if you're caught breaking them, you reap what you sow. Does OU bear responsibility? Unfortunately, yes, as their employee did the deed while acting as their employee. As a fan, that sucks, but it's the reality.

Kelvin Sampson's attitude toward the infractions has been less than impressive, blaming those who turned him in, and acting like he was just "outworking" the other guy. Own up to it.

SleestakSooner
4/24/2006, 11:44 AM
I think the whole gist of the original post was to point out the disparity in media coverage of the Sutton problems with obeying certain state laws and his numerous NCAA violations and the way they are now writing about the Sampson phone calls/t-shirts rules infringements.

Which is worse in your eyes? We all know Sampson broke some rules... he's even admitted it. I don't blame him for taking a stab at Eddie now that he doesn't have to play against him twice a year either. Hoosiers won't care if he talks smack on OSU.