mrowl
4/22/2006, 09:37 AM
http://www.mestokladno.cz/html/images/stanley_cup_big.jpg

Western:

Detroit defeats Edmonton in 2OT, 3-2, Detroits leads series 1-0 :mad:

Nashville defeated San Jose 4-3, Nashville leads series 1-0

Calgary defeated Anaheim 2-1, Calgary leads series 1-0

Eastern:

Ottawa destroyed Tampa Bay in the 3rd period to win 4-1, Ottawa leads series 1-0

Games today:

Apr 22, 2006 Snowballs and Stars, 3:00 PM EDT, NBC

Apr 22, 2006 Rangers and Devils, 3:00 PM EDT, NBC,TSN

Apr 22, 2006 Canadiens and Hurricanes, 7:00 PM EDT, CBC,RDS

Apr 22, 2006 Flyers and Sabres, 7:00 PM EDT, OLN,TSN

mrowl
4/22/2006, 11:47 AM
BTW, Jean-Sebastien Giguere did not play last night for the Mighty Ducks, out with a "lower body injury", whatever that means. And they lost of course. If he it out in game 2, mark Calgary as the winner.

Scott D
4/22/2006, 11:54 AM
it's a back injury.

JohnnyMack
4/22/2006, 05:57 PM
Devils roll Rangers. Jagr gets hurt. Crybaby bitch.

Get the brooms out.

Scott D
4/22/2006, 08:03 PM
Devils roll Rangers. Jagr gets hurt. Crybaby bitch.

Get the brooms out.

Jagr was already hurt. He's been playing injured since late in the Olympics. Hockey is the worst sport out of the 4 majors to have a groin injury.

WisconsinSooner
4/23/2006, 09:20 PM
"lower body injury", whatever that means. I think that's NHL for shoulder. I'm suprised my Av's looked that much quicker than the Stars. Not that I expect it to last but I can hope. I got to watch the first two periods before I had to leave for the wedding. :D

JohnnyMack
4/23/2006, 10:20 PM
Jagr was already hurt. He's been playing injured since late in the Olympics. Hockey is the worst sport out of the 4 majors to have a groin injury.

Don't care. Don't make me get the pancake wearin' bunny out. :P

HoserSooner
4/24/2006, 12:04 AM
BTW, Jean-Sebastien Giguere did not play last night for the Mighty Ducks, out with a "lower body injury", whatever that means. And they lost of course. If he it out in game 2, mark Calgary as the winner.

Pat Quinn has been doing that for years. Seems to think it keeps the other team from knowing what the exact injury is. Lower body or upper body injury, I don't know that it really matters, or that it puts you at any kind of advantage to keep the other team in the dark.

Then again, I'm not an NHL coach so what do I know.

(And if I was, I'd have a team full of Hanson brothers. :cool: )

mrowl
4/24/2006, 11:22 AM
Western:

Edmonton and Detroit, series is tied 1-1, headed to Edmonton

San Jose and Nashville, series is tied 1-1, headed to San Jose

Calgary and Anaheim, series is tied 1-1, headed to Anaheim

Avs and Stars, Avs lead series 1-0

Eastern:

Ottawa and Tampa Bay, series is tied 1-1, headed to Tampa Bay

Montreal and Carolina, Carolina leads series 1-0

New York Rangers and New Jersey, NJ leads series 1-0

Philadelphia and Buffalo, Buffalo leads series 1-0

Games today:

Canadiens and Hurricanes, 7:00 PM EDT, CBC,RDS

Flyers and Sabres, 7:00 PM EDT, TSN

Rangers and Devils, 7:00 PM EDT, OLN

Avalanche and Stars, 9:00 PM EDT, OLN,TSN

mrowl
4/24/2006, 06:58 PM
if you are watching the Philly Buffalo game, or were planning to, don't worry about it.

Buffalo up 5-0 at the end of the 1st.

Philly is showing what NOT to do in the new NHL. old, slow defensemen, and a very expensive over-rated forward. This series is over, and Buffalo is playing REALLY well.

Scott D
4/24/2006, 08:17 PM
would the expensive overrated forward be that injured guy Forsberg?

HoserSooner
4/25/2006, 12:03 AM
if you are watching the Philly Buffalo game, or were planning to, don't worry about it.

Buffalo up 5-0 at the end of the 1st.

Philly is showing what NOT to do in the new NHL. old, slow defensemen, and a very expensive over-rated forward. This series is over, and Buffalo is playing REALLY well.

Somebody get Lindy Ruff a kleenex out of his purse. He cries evertime another team beats up his players.

(But it is nice to see Philly get their *** handed to them). :D

mrowl
4/25/2006, 05:46 AM
would the expensive overrated forward be that injured guy Forsberg?

"we have a winner"

Sooner in Tampa
4/25/2006, 07:07 AM
Let's Go Ligthning!!!!!!

http://www.photofile.com/Photos/Albums/NHL_Team_Logo_Album/images/Tampa_Bay_Lightning_Logo_jpg.jpg

Scott D
4/25/2006, 02:09 PM
"we have a winner"

heh, when healthy Forsberg is easily one of the top two talents in the NHL. Unfortunately he has an Adrian Peterson streak in him that has him looking to make hits when he probably shouldn't. And it is hard for me to say because I've always hated Foppa.

mrowl
4/25/2006, 03:41 PM
I used to think that he was one of the top forwards in the league, until he pulled that coward stuff with flying, and then decided to get hurt in a different job, and screwed around with the avs... now, I just think he is a p****y.

Scott D
4/25/2006, 03:54 PM
I used to think that he was one of the top forwards in the league, until he pulled that coward stuff with flying, and then decided to get hurt in a different job, and screwed around with the avs... now, I just think he is a p****y.

I might agree, but the guy has played all season with an injured groin. Most of his injuries have been via continually being cheapshotted, and for a long time refs wouldn't call penalties that were being committed against him that they'd call for a smaller guy because they felt that Forsberg was big enough to work his way out of them.

WisconsinSooner
4/25/2006, 04:50 PM

The guy is one of the toughest premier talents to ever play in the NHL. There's a big difference between your body wearing out and being a p****y. Not only has he played hurt for most of this year he's played an entire season on bad wheels that needed surgery and finished a playoff game with a ruptured spleen. Ya, he's a p****y. :rolleyes: As for leaving Colorado I harbor no ill feelings about him leaving. The Av's couldn't afford to pay him. As a matter of fact they couldn't even get close. It wasn't Forsbergs fault and it wasn't the Av's fault. That's life under the salary cap.

WisconsinSooner
4/27/2006, 12:19 AM
I think Forsberg certainly earned his pay tonight. 2 goals and an assist while looking everybit who I consider when healthy to be the best player in the world.

colleyvillesooner
4/27/2006, 07:32 AM
Someones got a man crush.

tulsaoilerfan
4/27/2006, 08:21 AM
I think Forsberg certainly earned his pay tonight. 2 goals and an assist while looking everybit who I consider when healthy to be the best player in the world.
Both goals were the result of lucky bounces i believe; there were quite a few of those in the playoffs last night. :mad:

Sooner in Tampa
4/27/2006, 08:22 AM
Both goals were the result of lucky bounces i believe; there were quite a few of those in the playoffs last night. :mad:Sometimes it is better to be lucky than good.

WisconsinSooner
4/27/2006, 04:59 PM
Both goals were the result of lucky bounces i believe; there were quite a few of those in the playoffs last night. :mad:

I've watch Peter the Great score too many goals off the backside of too many goalies to call it luck. And hard work = luck in the NHL. If you work hard things will eventually go your way especially in a 7 game series.

Sooner in Tampa
4/28/2006, 05:29 AM
F'in Lightning are DONE...DAMN, our goalie is the SUCC!!!!

Lightning lose 5-2 after Grahme give up 2 goals in a span of 40 seconds.

Down 3 games to 1 heading back to Ottawa Sat night.

WisconsinSooner
4/28/2006, 08:21 AM
Looks like Detroit has found it's stride. They looked impressive last night, especially on defense.

HoserSooner
4/28/2006, 09:43 AM
F'in Lightning are DONE...DAMN, our goalie is the SUCC!!!!

Lightning lose 5-2 after Grahme give up 2 goals in a span of 40 seconds.

Down 3 games to 1 heading back to Ottawa Sat night.

Ultimately goalies determine how far you get in the playoffs.

That's why Philly isn't going anywhere fast, why Tampa is struggling, and why Dallas isn't looking good. Mind you, Turco is an excellent goalie, before the middle of April. Still trying to figure that one out. :confused:

How many Stanley Cup Rings to Patrick Roy and Martin Brodeur have between them?

Sooner in Tampa
4/28/2006, 09:45 AM
When we had the Bulinwall, we won the Cup...Habby leaves and now we are struggling.
I know that the key to winning the Cup is a hot goaling...that is why I know the Lightning are done for this year.
I wish would do something to get Luongo away from the Panthers, but word is that he loves it there and is staying put.

GrapevineSooner
4/28/2006, 10:51 AM
Mind you, Turco is an excellent goalie
Is he?

I saw a stat somewhere that indicated Turco's Save Percentage has gone down each of the last three years while his GAA has gone up.

Granted, that's due in part to the rules changes. But he has surrendered 14 goals in three games in this series, including five goals in the third period and OT. Whereas his counterpart has given up exactly zero goals during that same timespan.

He's a great regular season goalie. But you make your name in the playoffs. And right now, Turco's pretty average.

HoserSooner
4/28/2006, 10:52 AM
When we had the Bulinwall, we won the Cup...Habby leaves and now we are struggling.
I know that the key to winning the Cup is a hot goaling...that is why I know the Lightning are done for this year.
I wish would do something to get Luongo away from the Panthers, but word is that he loves it there and is staying put.

I thought Luongo has yet to sign a long-term deal with the Panthers? Figured that meant that he was looking to go elsewhere?

Or maybe I haven't seen an update lately, but last I heard, they have not been able to get him signed.

He would certainly have a lot of teams bidding for his services. Toronto, Tampa and Philly come to mind as places that have money to spend that need someone solid in net.

Sooner in Tampa
4/28/2006, 11:02 AM
I don't know if he is signed long term, but one of the talking mouth pieces on the radio (who actually does a great job with hockey) had a caller that want Luongo...and the answer was that Luongo loved the Panthers and was not planning on leaving anytime soon.

There was talk right around the trading deadline of a trade of St. Louis for Luongo. I still don't know if I would have liked that deal...St. Louis is a centerpiece for this team.

WisconsinSooner
4/28/2006, 12:13 PM
Ultimately goalies determine how far you get in the playoffs.

I was thinking about that last night as I watched the Oilers/Redwings game. How many great goalies are left in the league? Is Brodeur it or have his brilliant performances so far been a result of the ineptness of the Rangers? (I think he's that good) How much have the rule changes hurt the goalies? (some more than others IMO) And who are Cam Ward, Ryan Miller, Vesa Toskala and Christobal Huet? Four rookies, one 30 yrs old. (Huet) Are you kidding me? Is Thoedore fighting the puck due to a lack of familiarity with his teammates or is this what he's become and what the Av's are going to have to expect. (dont' want to think about it) Are Turco's troubles due to the teams failures defensively or his failures mentally. (1 & 2 I thought were both, game 3 I put on the team) And what Goalie after Brodeur is the most likely to pull his team through the playoffs. (Before the playoffs I would have gone with Kiprusoff but hell maybe it's Toskala or Miller) Just some early impressions after a great week 1.

Sooner in Tampa
4/28/2006, 12:18 PM
Don't forget Hasek...he should play the second round for the Senators.

I think the rules changes have done exactly what the NHL wanted...they have increased scoring, and we as fans have to realize that. The days of 2-1 or 1-0 games are gone.

WisconsinSooner
4/28/2006, 12:40 PM
Don't forget Hasek...he should play the second round for the Senators.

I didn't add him only because he hasn't played and his track record of coming back from injury leads me to believe he won't make it through the second round physically. When healthy certainly on the Brodeur level.

Scott D
4/28/2006, 12:58 PM
Is he?

I saw a stat somewhere that indicated Turco's Save Percentage has gone down each of the last three years while his GAA has gone up.

Granted, that's due in part to the rules changes. But he has surrendered 14 goals in three games in this series, including five goals in the third period and OT. Whereas his counterpart has given up exactly zero goals during that same timespan.

He's a great regular season goalie. But you make your name in the playoffs. And right now, Turco's pretty average.

be fair, his counterpart won the Hart Trophy in 2001-02

HoserSooner
4/28/2006, 03:24 PM
If Hasek doesn't come back, Ottawa isn't going too far. If he does come back, they are the team to beat in the East.

I think after Brodeur, I'd like to give it to Kiprusoff, but then again, he isn't exactly a veteran. He did quite well for Calgary in their cup run last season, but it's still too early to give him the nod as second best.

Put Luongo on a contending team, and see what happens. Put a Philly, San Jose or Colorado jersey on him, and that team automatically becomes a legitimate cup contender.

Before this season, I would have put Belfour or Joseph in the same league as Brodeur. Belfour's best days are clearly long gone, and Cujo played for a pretty weak team, so it's hard to tell how good he is anymore.

So who's #2, behind Brodeur?

Scott D
4/28/2006, 04:04 PM
Cujo has......never........got the job done.

When his mind is right Theodore is probably up there (like it is now).

Keep an eye out in the future for Jimmy Howard.

WisconsinSooner
4/28/2006, 04:33 PM
So who's #2, behind Brodeur?

I really don't think there is a clear number 2. If I had to choose a number 2 right now I would probably say Kiprusoff. But he's not THAT much better than 6 or 7 other goalies in the league on any given night.

Sooner Among The Pack
4/28/2006, 10:33 PM
Canes even the series with a GREAT win in Montreal tonight. Rod Brind'Amour is my hero. Cam Ward made some amazing saves.

It's Caniac time in Raleigh! w00t!

HoserSooner
4/28/2006, 10:35 PM
Canes even the series with a GREAT win in Montreal tonight. Rod Brind'Amour is my hero. Cam Ward made some amazing saves.

It's Caniac time in Raleigh! w00t!

Yes. I like the Montreal Canadiens as much as I like the Texas Longhorns.

GrapevineSooner
4/28/2006, 10:41 PM
About time Dallas got a lucky bounce. ;)

Now take that 3-1 lead and make it a 5-1 lead. Don't sit back against the Avs.

mrowl
4/29/2006, 09:36 AM
Western:

Avs and Stars, Avs lead series 3-1

Edmonton and Detroit, series is tied 2-2

San Jose and Nashville, San Jose leads series 3-1

Calgary and Anaheim, series is tied 2-2

Eastern:

Ottawa and Tampa Bay, Ottawa leads series 3-1

Montreal and Carolina, series is tied 2-2

New York Rangers and New Jersey, NJ leads series 3-0

Philadelphia and Buffalo, series is tied 2-2

WisconsinSooner
5/1/2006, 10:16 PM
Too bad ScottD. Was looking forward (sorta) to another Colorado/Detroit series. I say sorta because I've seen most of those games this year and they weren't pretty for an Av's fan such as myself.

Scott D
5/1/2006, 10:36 PM
Too bad ScottD. Was looking forward (sorta) to another Colorado/Detroit series. I say sorta because I've seen most of those games this year and they weren't pretty for an Av's fan such as myself.

eh....the tying goal (3-3) was not a goal...bet next season they will disallow a goal because of a high stick before it reaches the player who scored because Mr. Magoo sure missed it.

Fugue
5/2/2006, 08:14 AM
eh....the tying goal (3-3) was not a goal...bet next season they will disallow a goal because of a high stick before it reaches the player who scored because Mr. Magoo sure missed it.

an obvious dive on the penalty leading to that pp also. poorly officiated game.

WisconsinSooner
5/2/2006, 09:22 AM

I wouldn't expect anything less from McGeough. No excuse however for giving up 4 (or 3) goals in the 3rd period of a game you're ahead 2-0.

On another note, looking forward to Game 7 of the Ducks/Calgary series. A lot of hostility late in Game 6 should make for an entertaining finish to the series.

Sooner95
5/2/2006, 09:53 AM
Oilers dispatch them Redwings.. so in the Western Conf, the 1,2 & 4 Seeds are all eliminated in the 1st round. 4/5 play a 7th Game.

JohnnyMack
5/2/2006, 10:04 AM
Oilers dispatch them Redwings.. so in the Western Conf, the 1,2 & 4 Seeds are all eliminated in the 1st round. 3/6 play a 7th Game.

Fixed.

If the Ducks win will that be the first time all four lower seeds have won first round match-ups.

HoserSooner
5/2/2006, 10:25 AM
Fixed.

If the Ducks win will that be the first time all four lower seeds have won first round match-ups.

I'd rather see another "Battle of Alberta". Those two teams/fanbases have a real hate-on for each other.

I still like San Jose coming out of the West.

WisconsinSooner
5/2/2006, 10:40 AM
I'd rather see another "Battle of Alberta". Those two teams/fanbases have a real hate-on for each other.

I still like San Jose coming out of the West.

I'd love to see a "Battle of Alberta" too. Unfortunately for me that would mean my Av's would be playing San Jose who is probably the only legitimate cup contender alive in the west. I'm not saying my Av's can't win the cup. (With Joe Sakic anything is possible! ;)) Just saying it would take a lot more bounces to go the Av's way for them to win than San Jose.

HoserSooner
5/2/2006, 10:57 AM
I'd love to see a "Battle of Alberta" too. Unfortunately for me that would mean my Av's would be playing San Jose who is probably the only legitimate cup contender alive in the west. I'm not saying my Av's can't win the cup. (With Joe Sakic anything is possible! ;)) Just saying it would take a lot more bounces to go the Av's way for them to win than San Jose.

At this point in time, I wouldn't bet any money on any of the 3 teams remaining, or either of Calgary/Anaheim to go to the final. Each team now has an equal shot at getting there. It's a crap-shoot, as each team seems to be pretty evenly matched against each other.

WisconsinSooner
5/2/2006, 03:27 PM
At this point in time, I wouldn't bet any money on any of the 3 teams remaining, or either of Calgary/Anaheim to go to the final. Each team now has an equal shot at getting there. It's a crap-shoot, as each team seems to be pretty evenly matched against each other.

I think the one area that sets San Jose apart when comparing them to the Av's is the phyisical strength of their forwards. I don't know how well my Av's can hold up over a 7 game series.

Sooner95
5/2/2006, 04:06 PM
Fixed.

ah, my bad... is 3/6 seeds..

WisconsinSooner
5/2/2006, 10:15 PM
Wonder how the Philadelphia fans that shelled out $500 to $1000 or more for a ticket to tonights game feel about now.

HoserSooner
5/2/2006, 10:36 PM
Wonder how the Philadelphia fans that shelled out $500 to $1000 or more for a ticket to tonights game feel about now.

Hope they feel about as good as the dirty frenchmen in Montreal do. :D

That made my night.

WisconsinSooner
5/3/2006, 12:01 AM
Hope they feel about as good as the dirty frenchmen in Montreal do. :D

:D :D :D :D :D

WisconsinSooner
5/3/2006, 05:45 PM
This thread will probably die now that the Detroit and Dallas bandwagons are parked at the golfcourse. ;) I for one am looking forward to game 7 tonight between the ducks and Calgary. Nothing at stake in this for me or my Av's other than who they play which at this point doesn't make much difference. Just looking forward to a game 7 between two teams who have developed a major dislike for one another over the past 6 games. Also interesting is who will the Ducks start in goal? Jean-Sebastien Giguere who was thought to be the second coming of Patrick Roy or do they go to the game 6 suprise starter Ilya Bryzgalov who was stellar in a tough tough start. Have to admit I would love to see a Calgary/Edmonton Series and I'm a fan of the pride of the Wawa Ontario (suburb of Chapleau Ontario), and former Av, Chris Simon.

Scott D
5/3/2006, 06:00 PM
bleh I'm still trying to recover. And to be honest, I've turned my attention more to the kinds of changes the roster is going to see.

I'm still ticked off that it's expected that The Captain is going to hang up the skates for good this summer, and this was how he went out :(

WisconsinSooner
5/3/2006, 06:43 PM
I'm still ticked off that it's expected that The Captain is going to hang up the skates for good this summer, and this was how he went out :(

Even as an Av's fan I feel bad for The Captain. He deserved better. I hope he comes back for one more season. I look for Legace to be gone and maybe a few more of the "Euro's" as Cherry would say. I thought Melrose was right about Detroit being outworked. They lacked grit and even with the rule changes that will get you bounced in the first. I agree, there will, and should be, a major shake up. Lets just hope Steve Y comes back for one more.

And believe me, I wasn't referring to you as a bandwagoner.

Scott D
5/3/2006, 06:47 PM
Even as an Av's fan I feel bad for The Captain. He deserved better. I hope he comes back for one more season. I look for Legace to be gone and maybe a few more of the "Euro's" as Cherry would say. I thought Melrose was right about Detroit being outworked. They lacked grit and even with the rule changes that will get you bounced in the first. I agree, there will, and should be, a major shake up. Lets just hope Steve Y comes back for one more.

And believe me, I wasn't referring to you as a bandwagoner.

heh...ironically one of the suggestions I gave the sports talk radio station here this morning was to sign Hinote. Other things people have suggested is dealing for Bertuzzi or for Luongo.

Scott D
5/3/2006, 07:46 PM
oh and Yzerman's decision will come next week.

mrowl
5/3/2006, 07:51 PM
Looking forward to Calgary - Ducks when I get home. Any game 7 in the saddledome is awesome.

WisconsinSooner
5/4/2006, 01:35 AM
Really suprised Calgary played that bad at home. 1,2,3,4 in the East, 5,6,7,8 in the West.

Scott D
5/4/2006, 07:47 AM
go anyone in the East except the Devils.

mrowl
5/4/2006, 08:10 AM
New Jersey is rolling unfortunately.

HoserSooner
5/4/2006, 08:42 AM
Shaping up to be an interesting round for sure.

Hasek apparently isn't going to be coming back anytime soon. Emery has played decent in mop-up duties, but I don't know if Ottawa will be able to ride him to the finals. Mind you, with that much offensive firepower, they may not need a hot goalie.

It wouldn't surprise me though, if Jersey went all the way.

JohnnyMack
5/4/2006, 09:43 PM
go anyone in the East except the Devils.

<cough, cough, blowme, cough, cough>

:D

WisconsinSooner
5/4/2006, 11:41 PM
heh...ironically one of the suggestions I gave the sports talk radio station here this morning was to sign Hinote. Other things people have suggested is dealing for Bertuzzi or for Luongo.

Hinote is the kind of guy a Stanley Cup team HAS to have. The epitome of an unsung hero. Losing Hinote would hurt similar to when the Av's lost Simon. I think losing Simon cost the Av's at least one more cup. Bertuzzi needs a new home. Detroit would be a great fit him. He's from one of the ugliest cities in Canada (Sudbury) if I'm not mistaken. Should feel right at home in Detroit. ;) As for Luongo I thought he was locked up in Florida. I would be shocked to see him get away.

Maybe Favre can call Yzerman and tell him not to rush into any decision. ;)

Looking forward to Friday night. I think starting this series on the road is good for Theodore. I hope anyway.

As for the rest of the series, I'm not going to pick against the Devils until they lose a freaking game. If Ryan Miller stays hot in goal for Buffalo they will give a Hasekless but like Hoser said offensive juggernaut Ottawa all it can handle. And I look for the Edmonton/San Jose series to be an all out war. Ryan Smyth v. Joe Thornton. Thornton has to choke sometime doesn't he?

WisconsinSooner
5/5/2006, 11:52 PM
Pathetic. :mad:

GrapevineSooner
5/6/2006, 12:32 AM
Why couldn't you guys have played this bad against us?

;) :mad:

WisconsinSooner
5/6/2006, 04:12 PM

It's been almost a full day and I still don't know if the Av's looking that bad last night was because of the Av's or because of the Quackers.

WisconsinSooner
5/7/2006, 09:59 PM
Signs of life in the third period of Sundays game. Don't think it will be enough however. Av's will be lucky to avoid a sweep.

GrapevineSooner
5/7/2006, 10:21 PM
And just like two years ago, I'll be wondering how in the hell the Stars lost to this bunch in five games in the first round.

Also, has anyone noticed how quiet Johnny Mack's been today?

BeetDigger
5/7/2006, 10:22 PM

I don't know if it is the Avs playing so poorly or Anneheim playing so well. The Ducks have played great. I think that in another thread I responded to MROWL that the Avs wouldn't get killed in their second round matchup. I may be eating those comments. I'm not sure how they could get beat any worse at this point.

Go Avs

At least score a goal :eddie:

mrowl
5/9/2006, 06:08 AM
Western:

Avs and Mighty Ducks of Disney, Disney leads the series 2-0, game 3 tonight

Edmonton and San Jose, San Jose leads series 2-0, game 3 Wednesday

Eastern:

Ottawa and Buffalo, no - goal idiots in Buffalo lead the series 2-0, game 3 wednesday

Carolina and New Jersey, Carolina leads series 2-0, game 3 wednesday

I can't decide if Anaheim is really good, or the Avs suck. I think its a little of both.

Sooner95
5/9/2006, 07:29 AM
helluva comback by Carolina last nite..

WisconsinSooner
5/9/2006, 01:05 PM
helluva comback by Carolina last nite..

One of the wildest playoff finishes I've seen.

Do or die for the Av's tonight.

WisconsinSooner
5/10/2006, 12:01 AM
Well, it's never over till it's over but. . . . it's over. The Av's couldn't find an answer to whoever in the hell ever heard of Lupul. Scores alll four goals. Unbelievable. Oh ya, way to go Brisebois. Damn quebecois. :mad:

Sooner95
5/10/2006, 11:51 AM
Yea, i'd say that is it for the Av's.

Possibly have an all Cali' Western Conf Final? SJ/Ducks

Sabers take the ice in Game 3 tonite, looking to put #1 Ottawa down 3-0..

Scott D
5/10/2006, 12:07 PM
Yea, i'd say that is it for the Av's.

Possibly have an all Cali' Western Conf Final? SJ/Ducks

Sabers take the ice in Game 3 tonite, looking to put #1 Ottawa down 3-0..

without Kalinin and Connolly that might be a taller order.

BeetDigger
5/10/2006, 01:42 PM
Well, it's never over till it's over but. . . . it's over. The Av's couldn't find an answer to whoever in the hell ever heard of Lupul. Scores alll four goals. Unbelievable. Oh ya, way to go Brisebois. Damn quebecois. :mad:

I can see now why the Avs struggle scoring goals, that Brzgolov is freaking HUGE. He sits in the middle of the goal and there is like 2" showing on either side.

mrowl
5/10/2006, 04:17 PM
the ducks are doing exactly what Dallas couldn't (or didn't try), CRASH THE NET. Theodore gives up these HUGE rebounds every time the puck hits him.

WisconsinSooner
5/10/2006, 04:33 PM
the ducks are doing exactly what Dallas couldn't (or didn't try), CRASH THE NET. Theodore gives up these HUGE rebounds every time the puck hits him.

I talked about that earlier in this thread or the stars thread. He looks like he's fighting the puck. He was better last night than he had been the two pervious but he still doesn't look comfortable. Bryzgalov is huge. But what I think is really impressive for a guy his size is he doesn't give up many rebounds.

I saw Hasek practiced today. I agree with ScottD, with Kalinin and Connolly out it will be tough to put the Sen's down 3-0. And if Hasek comes back, who knows what will happen.

Would anyone watch a Sharks/Ducks v. Carolina Finals? I just can't get myself to think hockey with any of those teams.

trwxxa
5/10/2006, 08:53 PM
Devils = Done......

colleyvillesooner
5/10/2006, 10:14 PM
Paging JohnnyMack....Paging JohnnyMack....please begin..." oh yeah, at least we made it to the second round" comments. ;)

HoserSooner
5/10/2006, 10:20 PM
As a Leaf fan, seeing Ottawa down 3-0 warms my heart. :D

Sooner95
5/11/2006, 07:40 AM
Yea, looks like a Carolina/ Buffalo East Conf Final..

HoserSooner
5/11/2006, 08:35 AM
Speed vs. speed.

That'll be a good series.

GrapevineSooner
5/11/2006, 10:04 AM
I can see now why the Avs struggle scoring goals, that Brzgolov is freaking HUGE. He sits in the middle of the goal and there is like 2" showing on either side.

And unlike Giguere, he has a naturally big frame and doesn't need 2 inch high shoulder pads to be big in the nets. ;)

Scott D
5/11/2006, 12:16 PM
tonight is the chance for two sweeps.

WisconsinSooner
5/11/2006, 04:17 PM
As a Leaf fan, seeing Ottawa down 3-0 warms my heart. :D

Getting what they deserve for having a Euro wearing the C. ;)

mrowl
5/12/2006, 08:05 AM
Bye Bye Avs, see ya at the golf course.

WisconsinSooner
5/12/2006, 09:12 AM
I'm glad the Av's series is over. That was difficult to watch. They looked old, small and slow compared to the Ducks. They also looked like a Joel Quenneville coached team. Like the Blues from a few years ago. The ones that make the playoffs, maybe win a first round series while never posing a real threat. What bothers me the most is I don't see the Av's being much better over the next couple of seasons.

BeetDigger
5/12/2006, 09:27 AM
I'm glad the Av's series is over. That was difficult to watch. They looked old, small and slow compared to the Ducks. They also looked like a Joel Quenneville coached team. Like the Blues from a few years ago. The ones that make the playoffs, maybe win a first round series while never posing a real threat. What bothers me the most is I don't see the Av's being much better over the next couple of seasons.

So much for the false hope after they off'ed the Stars. I didn't expect much from them given their regular season. At least they didn't do a Red Wings/Stars. I now root for Buffalo - anyone who has to live in that city deserves a championship.

JohnnyMack
5/12/2006, 09:47 AM
Paging JohnnyMack....Paging JohnnyMack....please begin..." oh yeah, at least we made it to the second round" comments. ;)

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/reputation/reputation_neg.gif

GrapevineSooner
5/12/2006, 10:39 AM
So much for the false hope after they off'ed the Stars. I didn't expect much from them given their regular season. At least they didn't do a Red Wings/Stars. I now root for Buffalo - anyone who has to live in that city deserves a championship.

Anyone who can't understand a rule book doesn't deserve my sympathies. :D

I'm pulling for Edmonton from here on out.

WisconsinSooner
5/12/2006, 10:55 AM
Avs just a mid-level club now

By Michael Farber
The circus left town.

The last of the NHL's circus teams -- or at least the husk of one -- bowed out meekly on Thursday night, the spent Colorado Avalanche swept, 4-1, by the bigger, faster and significantly cheaper Mighty Ducks of Anaheim. After 10 years in Denver and almost 500 consecutive sellouts, there was a tired air to this Colorado team, like a dowager who has been getting by on rouge and her memories. Colorado won three Stanley Cups in its decade, waged pitched battles against the Detroit Red Wings and showcased stars like Joe Sakic, Peter Forsberg, Patrick Roy and, for a time, Raymond Bourque. Detroit might have been Hockeytown, but this was the epicenter of hockey in the United States. The Avalanche were the greatest show on ice since coming west from Quebec City in 1995-96, but in the new salary-capped NHL, the playing field shifted as quickly as a paradigm.

In this anything-can-happen NHL world -- how does that Carolina-San Jose matchup grab you? Anaheim vs. Buffalo, anyone? Edmonton against anybody? -- the last playoff team with even a hint of national appeal, the Avs, is just a mid-level club now. It beat Dallas, which was undermined by shoddy goaltending, but it never appeared to have the jam to make a long playoff run. In past years, general manager Pierre Lacroix always seemed to be playing with a stacked deck, win or lose, but this time he was unable to fill holes at the trading deadline by taking on salary. Colorado's inherent advantage over the Mighty Ducks of the NHL world vanished. There can be quick turnarounds for teams that allocate resources effectively, but every mistake Lacroix makes -- taking on goalie Jose Theodore for two more years, perhaps -- is going to be magnified. Mighty Ducks defenseman Sean O'Donnell told me after the game that if any GM can rebuild the franchise, it is the hyper-aggressive Lacroix, but truly the task seems mile-high.

If Lacroix needed reminders of the Avalanche's shortcomings in a year when salary considerations hastened the exits of Forsberg and defenseman Adam Foote, they occurred in Game 3 when defenseman Patrice Brisebois, the anti-Foote, recklessly threw a pass into the middle of the offensive zone that led top Anaheim's winning goal in overtime and again in Game 4 when Pierre Turgeon, the nominal replacement for Forsberg, was a healthy scratch.

Colorado was neither physical enough nor quick enough to compete with Anaheim, which changed the culture of its team radically during the season when new general manager Brian Burke managed to unload Sergei Fedorov and also move veterans Petr Sykora and Sandis Ozolinsh. Nor were the Avalanche core players, beyond Sakic, impressive. After several years of waiting for a breakthrough into players of the first order, neither Alex Tanguay nor Milan Hejduk seem to have an extra gear. With defenseman Rob Blake an unrestricted free agent, Colorado might be losing its defensive linchpin. This could get ugly before it gets pretty again.

Well, it was great fun while it lasted, but a series didn't end Thursday night. An era did. Like those flashlights they peddle at the circus, all things burn out eventually.

BeetDigger
5/12/2006, 11:24 AM
Anyone who can't understand a rule book doesn't deserve my sympathies. :D

I'm pulling for Edmonton from here on out.

What rule don't I understand? More like, what rule don't I know about. It's apathy, not ignorance. :D

Hockey, lest anyone hasn't noticed, is a two month sport.

WisconsinSooner
5/12/2006, 11:29 AM
What rule don't I understand? More like, what rule don't I know about. It's apathy, not ignorance. :D

Hockey, lest anyone hasn't noticed, is a two month sport.

Still better than basketball which is a 3 weekend sport. ;)

BeetDigger
5/12/2006, 12:33 PM
Still better than basketball which is a 3 weekend sport. ;)

So you're telling me they play hockey and basketball when football is being played? Who would have known? :twinkies:

WisconsinSooner
5/12/2006, 12:52 PM
So you're telling me they play hockey and basketball when football is being played? Who would have known? :twinkies:

Yep. It's a little known bit of trivia you can use to impress friends.

Scott D
5/12/2006, 01:29 PM
What did those two morons Adrian Dater and Terry Frej have to say about the Avs?

The disputed goal from 99 was more the fault of the NHL than anything else. They conditioned everyone that year and the year before that if even so much as an eyelash was in the crease then a goal was going to be disallowed.

WisconsinSooner
5/12/2006, 01:58 PM
What did those two morons Adrian Dater and Terry Frej have to say about the Avs?

Dater and Frei are saying about the same thing everyone else is saying. The Av's looked tired, old, small & slow compared to the Ducks. Frei says don't blame Theodore which I don't think anyone has. The big issues for the offseason seem to be whether Theodore is going to be worth the 5mil, will Blake be back, will Tanguay and Hejduk be resigned or should they be and where are the Av's going to get help defensively.

So to recap, the Av's are unsure in goal, slow on offense and weak on defense. Good luck Lacroix.

As a post script to the series, when your grinder/muckers line is your best line in a series, you are in trouble. As in being swept trouble.

WisconsinSooner
5/12/2006, 01:59 PM
Dater did have a pretty good opening analysis:

"The series, all four games worth, could be summed up in one sequence Thursday night. Patrice Brisebois of the Avalanche was ahead of the field, chasing down a puck behind his net. When he touched it, the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim would draw an icing violation.
Except Brisebois didn't touch the puck first. Anaheim's younger, faster forward, Chris Kunitz, did. A few seconds later, the puck was in the Avalanche's net, the Mighty Ducks had the lead and didn't let it go. That was how the series went for the Avs. . . "

Scott D
5/12/2006, 08:48 PM
There's a reason why in Montreal Brisebois had the nickname of 'Patrice Breezeby' :D

Should be interesting now that Pierre isn't the GM anymore though.

Sooner95
5/13/2006, 09:01 AM
Them Oilers got right back into the series with SJ, with a 6-3 win lastnite. At this point, like to see a BUff/Edmonton Cup series...

Buff has a tough task by finishing off Ottawa on the road tonite, but they can do it.

Before that, we'll see if th Devils can salvage anything out of this collapse..talk about a team cooling off...

mrowl
5/13/2006, 09:15 AM
I love watching the Oilers play, fun to watch when they are at home.

JohnnyMack
5/13/2006, 05:46 PM

Put that broom away bitch! We stayin' alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sooner95
5/14/2006, 10:20 AM
Buff moves on...

Car/NJ go at it again, expecting Carolina to send NJ back home..

ED/SJ Game 5 as well..should be a good one..

WisconsinSooner
5/15/2006, 09:58 AM
I never thought Edmonton could come back and win 3 straight in this series.

JohnnyMack
5/15/2006, 10:10 AM
GOLF COURSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WisconsinSooner
5/15/2006, 10:15 AM
As for the San Jose fans booing the Canadian National Anthem when the Sharks have 10 Canadian players. . . . not too swift. Even if there were a handful of Canadians that boo'd the US Anthem (which I have heard that didn't occur and I've heard it did but from someone within the San Jose organization - and I find it hard to believe since Alberta is the Canadian equivalent of an ultra red state), that's something you just don't do.

WisconsinSooner
5/15/2006, 10:19 AM
that's something you just don't do.

Unless it's Iran or the old Soviet Union. :D

Scott D
5/15/2006, 11:16 AM
As for the San Jose fans booing the Canadian National Anthem when the Sharks have 10 Canadian players. . . . not too swift. Even if there were a handful of Canadians that boo'd the US Anthem (which I have heard that didn't occur and I've heard it did but from someone within the San Jose organization - and I find it hard to believe since Alberta is the Canadian equivalent of an ultra red state), that's something you just don't do.

Actually it happened in *shock* Toronto a few years ago. It's also happened in Montreal more than a few times.

WisconsinSooner
5/15/2006, 12:01 PM
Actually it happened in *shock* Toronto a few years ago. It's also happened in Montreal more than a few times.

Ya I remember that back in 03-04. I can't believe the Torontonians or quebecois would ever boo our national anthem. :rolleyes: I read where the fans were saying it was nothing against Canadians in general, just a way of booing the Sharks. The mecca of intellectual enlightenment out there in San Jose. Wacky Californians, I'll tell ya.

HoserSooner
5/15/2006, 12:35 PM

In all fairness, the booing in Toronto was in response to the booing that the Canadian anthem received in Long Island. And while there were some meatheads that did boo the US anthem, the majority of the fans in Toronto drowned out the booing of the few.

I won't stick up for the Montrealers, as I don't consider them to be real Canadians. If you are going to hear the US anthem booed, it's going to be in Quebec.

GrapevineSooner
5/15/2006, 12:38 PM
Didn't Edmontonians start this several years ago during a playoff series against the Stars?

I know, I know. Exactly which series are you referring to, Grapevine? :D

HoserSooner
5/15/2006, 12:57 PM
Didn't Edmontonians start this several years ago during a playoff series against the Stars?

I know, I know. Exactly which series are you referring to, Grapevine? :D

I don't remember it, but that doesn't mean anything. :D

I know one year it was really out of control. It happened in Detroit during the Raptors/Pistons playoff series, Toronto/Long Island and whoever Montreal was in the process of losing to in the first round of their playoff, and it just snowballed from there.

WisconsinSooner
5/15/2006, 12:59 PM
In all fairness, the booing in Toronto was in response to the booing that the Canadian anthem received in Long Island.

Wasn't the booing in Long Island a result of the booing in Montreal? Not that it matters honestly.

And while there were some meatheads that did boo the US anthem, the majority of the fans in Toronto drowned out the booing of the few.

I do remember that. :)

But I didn't think there were that many Canadians left in Toronto? At least that's how it appeared to me the last time I was there. ;)

And congrats on the new coach Hoser.

WisconsinSooner
5/15/2006, 01:00 PM
When in doubt blame the Quebeckers.

HoserSooner
5/15/2006, 01:02 PM
Wasn't the booing in Long Island a result of the booing in Montreal? Not that it matters honestly.

Probably....those Frenchies are always causing trouble.

But I didn't think there were that many Canadians left in Toronto? At least that's how it appeared to me the last time I was there. ;)

You aren't kidding with that statement. I think Toronto is one of the most culturally diverse cities in North America, and it shows when you visit.

And congrats on the new coach Hoser.

Thanks....we'll see what he does with what the GM gives him. Hopefully they are going to cut loose some of the dead wood from this past season.

Scott D
5/15/2006, 06:15 PM
In all fairness, the booing in Toronto was in response to the booing that the Canadian anthem received in Long Island. And while there were some meatheads that did boo the US anthem, the majority of the fans in Toronto drowned out the booing of the few.

I won't stick up for the Montrealers, as I don't consider them to be real Canadians. If you are going to hear the US anthem booed, it's going to be in Quebec.

I know the booing in Detroit was in response to the booing in Toronto, and was saved for when those hated Leafs came to town.

Big Red Ron
5/15/2006, 06:41 PM
People still watch NHL? Who knew? I thought they were still on strike or whatever.

trwxxa
5/15/2006, 07:56 PM
People still watch NHL? Who knew? I thought they were still on strike or whatever.

As of 7:50pm CST May 15, the NHL thread had 121 posts and 615 views, the NBA had 91 posts and 329 views.

Of course, with the Stars, Avs and Devils out and only one or two games the rest of this week, the NBA thread should overtake this thread shortly.

For all that the NBA gets jacked up, this unscientific survey shows that as many people care about the hockey and the NHL ;)

Big Red Ron
5/15/2006, 07:58 PM
Haven't seen many games on TV.

I have nothing against folks that watch it but to me Hockey is akin to soccer with stcks. ;)

trwxxa
5/15/2006, 09:10 PM
Haven't seen many games on TV.

I have nothing against folks that watch it but to me Hockey is akin to soccer with stcks. ;)

That is a sign of the times when you have to resort to OLN to get your playoff fix or settle for the Saturday game on NBC.

HoserSooner
5/15/2006, 09:19 PM
I know the booing in Detroit was in response to the booing in Toronto, and was saved for when those hated Leafs came to town.

I don't recall the Leafs being booed in Detroit? They haven't played a meaningful game in over a decade now. (One of the big problems I have with the new format).

The one that I do remember, was the Leafs/anthem getting booed in Long Island in the first round of the playoffs against the Islanders. Then of course a few people thought they'd look really smart if they returned the favor. Then it happened again that same spring when the Raptors played in Detroit in the first round of the NBA playoffs (back when they were half-decent).

Sooner95
5/16/2006, 07:31 AM
Buff/ Carolin get the whole week off, before starting their Eastern Conf final on Saturday..be some well rested players..

HoserSooner
5/16/2006, 07:47 AM
Buff/ Carolin get the whole week off, before starting their Eastern Conf final on Saturday..be some well rested players..

Everyone who predicted a Carolina-Buffalo Conference final at the begining of the season, raise your hand.

:eek:

At least the NHL is getting itself some strong publicity in the small markets this year.

WisconsinSooner
5/16/2006, 10:20 AM
As of 7:50pm CST May 15, the NHL thread had 121 posts and 615 views, the NBA had 91 posts and 329 views.

Considering OKC "pseudo had" a pro basketball team this season makes the above pretty amazing. And I think cuts to the core of why the strike didn't devestate hockey. People who are hockey fans tend to be true hardcore fans. They'll find OLN on tv to watch the games and they'll hit the NHL links at CNNSI and ESPN to get some hockey news (now that ESPN doesn't carry hockey, no more front page). The percentage of Hockey fans may be small compared to pro football but they/we are very loyal fans.

JohnnyMack
5/16/2006, 11:05 AM
Considering OKC "pseudo had" a pro basketball team this season makes the above pretty amazing. And I think cuts to the core of why the strike didn't devestate hockey. People who are hockey fans tend to be true hardcore fans. They'll find OLN on tv to watch the games and they'll hit the NHL links at CNNSI and ESPN to get some hockey news (now that ESPN doesn't carry hockey, no more front page). The percentage of Hockey fans may be small compared to pro football but they/we are very loyal fans.

It makes me sad in my pants that ESPN acted like such bitches about the hockey deal. One more example of why ESPN is the worst thing that evar happened to sports. They chose poker over hockey. Fuc*ing scumbags.

Oh well, I just figured out I get OLN-HD so screw Bristol.

WisconsinSooner
5/16/2006, 01:28 PM
You know I am starting to like the OLN coverage. Call me crazy but it has certainly gotten better and I think it will continue to do so. I think it becoming "The" channel for Hockey in the US is a great selling point. And I think in all fairness they got the deal late and had to really scramble. I think next year will be a huge step forward for OLN and I like the idea of having "a" hockey channel.

And your exactly right about ESPN. Exactly. Fuc*ing scumbags.

Scott D
5/16/2006, 01:53 PM
It makes me sad in my pants that ESPN acted like such bitches about the hockey deal. One more example of why ESPN is the worst thing that evar happened to sports. They chose poker over hockey. Fuc*ing scumbags.

Oh well, I just figured out I get OLN-HD so screw Bristol.

More like the fact that ESPN got better ratings out of replays of poker. I hate to say it, but I'd be surprized if the Stanley Cup finals got more than a .9 rating on NBC. I'd actually expect it to be around .6.

Sooner95
5/16/2006, 02:58 PM
I have no complaints about OLN covering the Hockey this yr, they've done a pretty good job. They can keep it for all I care..

WisconsinSooner
5/16/2006, 03:33 PM
I hate to say it, but I'd be surprized if the Stanley Cup finals got more than a .9 rating on NBC. I'd actually expect it to be around .6.

I feel bad for NBC getting a terrible matchup for the cup finals in terms of mass appeal. Regardless of who wins, the NHL really needed Detroit, Dallas, Chicago or Colorado out of the west v. a team from the northeast (Rangers, Flyers, Boston, New Jersey or even Toronto or Montreal). I'm afraid the inevitably bad cup finals ratings will lead to the NHL's exit from the 4 major networks. :(

WisconsinSooner
5/16/2006, 03:37 PM
the NHL really needed Detroit, Dallas, Chicago or Colorado out of the west v.

Yes I said Chicago. I know they are a long way from being a contender but their return to respectabilty would be huge for the NHL. For the Blackhawks to be the only NHL team, an original 6 team, in a city the size of Chicago and be THAT bad is a disgrace. The NHL should force their sale to someone who cares.

JohnnyMack
5/16/2006, 04:13 PM
More like the fact that ESPN got better ratings out of replays of poker. I hate to say it, but I'd be surprized if the Stanley Cup finals got more than a .9 rating on NBC. I'd actually expect it to be around .6.

It's the principle man!

HoserSooner
5/18/2006, 09:30 AM
Sure enough, Oiler faithful waved silver pompoms and cheered boisterously, drowning out singer Paul Lorieau as he belted out the American anthem while pictures of Mount Rushmore flashed on the JumboTron.

Oil fan Adriana Zilka, 25, wasn't surprised.

"We love hockey," she said. "It just goes to show we're here for the game. We're not going to boo our opposition. That's ignorant."

Other fans at the game were in agreement.

"We never boo the anthem," said fan Fred Pels, 24, who was wearing a Dave Semenko jersey and a Jofa helmet with a replica Stanley Cup perched on top.

"Oilers fans are classy," said 21-year-old Lee Tappenden, who called Sunday's booing spectacle "a classic example of uneducated fans not respecting another person's country."

Now we can get on to the conference finals, and put this booing **** to rest.

Edmonton vs. Carolina in the cup final.

WisconsinSooner
5/18/2006, 10:06 AM
Now we can get on to the conference finals, and put this booing **** to rest.

Edmonton vs. Carolina in the cup final.

I never really thought the booing was an issue. California is our Quebec so what can you expect.

Edmonton suprised me. Roloson has been amazing, Pecca has had a resurgence and Pronger looks like the best defensman in the NHL right now. Of course now that we are talking about them they will lose in 4 to the Ducks. Edmonton vs. Carolina would be a great series to watch.

I thought this comment about OLN's coverage of hockey by Allan Muir on the SI website was hilarious and pretty well on point:

"Sure, it's a work in progress, and in some cities it may not be easy to find. But with OLN, American hockey fans finally have a place to call their own. It may be a fixer-upper, but it's home.:

JohnnyMack
5/18/2006, 11:53 AM
Edmonton v. Buffalo

Sooner95
5/18/2006, 01:16 PM
haha, nice comment, but hey, I like OLN. One can enjoy watchign the game without all the flying, wizzing sound effects and they put up stats and ****, like the major networks do. That crap is so annoying. Just show me the frakin score, time, and the game...

I am pulling for an Oilers V Sabers Final as well, it aint major markets, but its would be damn fine hockey.

WisconsinSooner
5/18/2006, 02:48 PM
I am pulling for an Oilers V Sabers Final as well, it aint major markets, but its would be damn fine hockey.

I'm pulling for any series that doesn't involve ducks.

HoserSooner
5/18/2006, 02:55 PM
I haven't watched much of the Oilers up until the last few games, but they are fun to watch. Gritty team, and they can hit and punish the other team.

A Buffalo-Edmonton final would be entertaining too....would Edmonton be able to CATCH the Sabres players to hit them? Edmonton has some speed too.

Either way, as long as Edmonton gets past the Ducks, the final round will be quite entertaining....there just won't be a lot of people watching it.

Sooner95
5/22/2006, 07:54 AM
So far, Oilers are taking it to them.. up 2-0 as they head Home.

Sabers also got a Game 1 road win.

Scott D
5/22/2006, 08:12 AM
go eastern conference.

GrapevineSooner
5/22/2006, 12:12 PM
Just call Roloson jelly 'cause he's on a roll.

*rock me*

Scott D
5/22/2006, 01:35 PM
amusing Roloson tidbit...a Canadian friend of mine's grandmother is next door neighbors with Roloson's grandmother.

WisconsinSooner
5/23/2006, 09:33 AM
amusing Roloson tidbit...a Canadian friend of mine's grandmother is next door neighbors with Roloson's grandmother.

small world.

GrapevineSooner
5/23/2006, 10:14 AM
What Mike Modano's been doing lately (http://fromthescene.beloblog.com/archives/2006/05/modano_in_the_h.html).

HoserSooner
5/23/2006, 10:28 AM
What Mike Modano's been doing lately (http://fromthescene.beloblog.com/archives/2006/05/modano_in_the_h.html).

Shouln't that say 'WHO Mike Modano's been doing lately' ? :D

WisconsinSooner
5/23/2006, 10:57 AM
Shouln't that say 'WHO Mike Modano's been doing lately' ? :D

The life of an NHL player. Must be rough.

BeetDigger
5/23/2006, 11:12 AM
The life of an NHL player. Must be rough.

She's good looking. But she also looks about as sharp as a sack of wet mice. But who cares, good looking dates are to be seen, not heard. :texan:

HoserSooner
5/23/2006, 12:52 PM
I've seen/met some really ugly hockey players that have hot wives.

(That can be said though for any professional athlete or rock star.)

Scott D
5/23/2006, 01:05 PM
She's good looking. But she also looks about as sharp as a sack of wet mice. But who cares, good looking dates are to be seen, not heard. :texan:

True story...when Mike Knuble was a rookie he was in training camp with the Red Wings when they still had camp in Troy instead of up in Traverse City. Anyhow, he came into my store the day after they'd played a preseason game against the Penguins in Houston with some lil blonde hottie following him. He came up to the register, and in smalltalk manner, I asked him how the game went the night before...blondie chimed in and said "How does he know you played a game last night?" Knuble looked at me with a sheepish grin and shrugged.

WisconsinSooner
5/23/2006, 01:19 PM
True story...when Mike Knuble was a rookie he was in training camp with the Red Wings when they still had camp in Troy instead of up in Traverse City. Anyhow, he came into my store the day after they'd played a preseason game against the Penguins in Houston with some lil blonde hottie following him. He came up to the register, and in smalltalk manner, I asked him how the game went the night before...blondie chimed in and said "How does he know you played a game last night?" Knuble looked at me with a sheepish grin and shrugged.

I wish I could afford one of those.

trwxxa
5/27/2006, 11:02 PM
Oilers in. Who would have thunk it.

Hoser, if it is Edmonton-Buffalo, who does Ontario cheer for. The announcers want to say Edmonton is Canada's team, but I seem to remember the East wants nothing to do with the west.

And nobody wants anything to do with Quebec:D

HoserSooner
5/29/2006, 11:58 AM
Oilers in. Who would have thunk it.

Hoser, if it is Edmonton-Buffalo, who does Ontario cheer for. The announcers want to say Edmonton is Canada's team, but I seem to remember the East wants nothing to do with the west.

And nobody wants anything to do with Quebec:D

Well, there is no love lost between Toronto and Buffalo fans. They hate us, because when the Leafs come to town, the HSBC arena is half blue & white. Buffalo is one of the top 5 rivals for the Leafs. Not sure what side of the fence the Ottawa fans sit.

I think that most Canadians will be cheering for the Oilers. Ever since Winnipeg and Quebec City lost their franchises, there is a new sense of national unity when it comes to who to cheer for, and most people say that they will pull for the Canadian team in the finals.

(Mind you, if it was Montreal in the east final, you couldn't pay me enough to cheer for them.)

GrapevineSooner
5/29/2006, 01:34 PM
Buffalo hates Toronto simply because of people like me.

We fly into Buffalo, drive up to Niagara Falls, and then drive up to Toronto from there to visit their fair city. When our trip is over, we simply drive back to smelly Buffalo and fly the hell outta there back home. :D

HoserSooner
5/29/2006, 03:15 PM
Buffalo hates Toronto simply because of people like me.

We fly into Buffalo, drive up to Niagara Falls, and then drive up to Toronto from there to visit their fair city. When our trip is over, we simply drive back to smelly Buffalo and fly the hell outta there back home. :D

Yeah, I've heard of a lot of people doing that.

I have a buddy that lives out in Napa, and he and his wife fly into Detroit and then drive to London from there. Figures it saves him $300 per person to not fly into Toronto. :eek: