PDA

View Full Version : Ronaldinho

Cam
4/21/2006, 10:06 PM
Dude has the best field vision I've ever seen.

Caught a Barca/Inter game the other day and the dude was making passes that were just plain unreal.

It's no wonder he's been voted the worlds best the last two years. I need to wach Barca more just to see him play.

I wish Man Utd would've landed him when they tried a couple of years ago. :(

Scott D
4/21/2006, 10:13 PM
have you seen the Joga Bonita commercial where they go back and forth between a game he played as a kid and him playing today?

Socrefbek
4/21/2006, 10:21 PM
Barcelona is supposed to play a match here in Houston this summer after the WC. I might just have to go take in the game. :P

Wearing my ManU shirt of course!!!

Scott D
4/21/2006, 10:22 PM
bleh....manu(re) *spit*

Barcelona has been one of the more fun sides to watch for at least the last decade. Basically everything they do there is what Real Madrid aspires to do with their New York Yankee payroll.

Scott D
4/21/2006, 10:51 PM
oh and Cam, check out nikefootball.com the Brazilian Ping Pong commercial is just sick.

Cam
4/22/2006, 05:12 AM
have you seen the Joga Bonita commercial where they go back and forth between a game he played as a kid and him playing today?
That's one of few that I watch every time it comes on. Dude's skill is just out of this world.

Cam
4/22/2006, 05:13 AM
bleh....manu(re) *spit*
Neg worthy. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Cam
4/22/2006, 06:03 AM
oh and Cam, check out nikefootball.com the Brazilian Ping Pong commercial is just sick.
The Shirt Pullers vid cracks me up.

Eric Cantona: Listen shirt pullers. You are annoying. Can't you just wait for the end of the game for the shirt? Do you also want an autograph?

He cracks me up. I'm a Cantona fan though, so I'm kind of biased.

Scott D
4/22/2006, 10:44 AM
When he was playing I didn't like Cantona much, but as part of Nike's campaigns he has been great.

That 'fencing duel' between Cristiano Ronaldo and Zlatan is great also.

Cantona: 4-4-2, 5-3-2..I say boring. Withour risk there is no genius. Why not 1-2-7?, or 1-1-8? Forward, my friends! Forward!

is another great one.

Cam
4/22/2006, 06:39 PM
When he was playing I didn't like Cantona much, but as part of Nike's campaigns he has been great.
Other than the foot first foray into the fans, I like watching him play.

Then there's the whol being French thing.

BillyBall
4/22/2006, 06:51 PM
I wish Man Utd would've landed him when they tried a couple of years ago. :(

Unfortunately Brazillians hate English weather and the physical style of the Premier League

Barca is far and away the best team on the planet at the moment. They are very fun to watch and a midfield with Deco and Ronaldinho is always entertaining. If they sign Henry and/or Lampard this summer, they will own Europe.

Scott D
4/22/2006, 08:06 PM
Other than the foot first foray into the fans, I like watching him play.

Then there's the whol being French thing.

Well to be fair as a Geordie fan, it's pretty obvious why I didn't like Cantona while he played...it's the same as how I don't like Thierre Henry even though I will be the first to say he's the best player in the Premiership bar none. On another note, I'm very saddened by the way Alan Shearer's final season ended with a knee injury, he was on fire in terms of scoring of late, and we stand a very good chance of getting one of the spots for the UEFA Cup next season if we beat Birmingham and hold Chelsea close in the season finale.

Glenn Roeder may yet get the permanent job for us.

Scott D
4/22/2006, 08:08 PM
Unfortunately Brazillians hate English weather and the physical style of the Premier League

Barca is far and away the best team on the planet at the moment. They are very fun to watch and a midfield with Deco and Ronaldinho is always entertaining. If they sign Henry and/or Lampard this summer, they will own Europe.

Depends on the Brazilian I think, there have been a few who have been successful in England, although English clubs tend to go more for Argentinians than Brazilians. The Brazil style is definitely better suited for the Liga Primera, although I'm surprized by how many Brazilians play in the very boring Serie A in Italy.

BillyBall
4/22/2006, 08:30 PM
Ok allow me to rephrase then, a more spread out, limited contact style is more conducive to how Brazilian's traditionally play.

Scott D
4/22/2006, 10:44 PM
Ok allow me to rephrase then, a more spread out, limited contact style is more conducive to how Brazilian's traditionally play.

yes, we call that Joga Bonito ;)

Cam
4/23/2006, 11:30 AM
Well to be fair as a Geordie fan, it's pretty obvious why I didn't like Cantona while he played...it's the same as how I don't like Thierre Henry even though I will be the first to say he's the best player in the Premiership bar none.
Understood on Cantona and agree with Henry.

On another note, I'm very saddened by the way Alan Shearer's final season ended with a knee injury, he was on fire in terms of scoring of late, and we stand a very good chance of getting one of the spots for the UEFA Cup next season if we beat Birmingham and hold Chelsea close in the season finale.
Yeah, that sucks about Shearer. He deserved a better ending than that.

Glenn Roeder may yet get the permanent job for us.
IMO, he's earned it.

Cam
4/23/2006, 11:33 AM
The Brazil style is definitely better suited for the Liga Primera, although I'm surprized by how many Brazilians play in the very boring Serie A in Italy.
The Serie A piece has puzzled me as well. At the end of the day, I guess it's the money that wins them over. Watching most Serie A games is like watching grass grow to me. You might get 2-3 exciting moments per game while the rest of it is 2-3 passes strung together inside the 20's with the last touch being nothing short of crap.