PDA

View Full Version : Computer Junk

SicEmBaylor
4/21/2006, 03:35 PM
I found an old computer of mine that doesn't work anymore, so I took it apart and collected the parts in a box. I hate to throw all this out but it's probably junk and no point in keeping it.

Should I keep or toss?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/SicEmBaylor/S4020001.jpg

soonerboomer93
4/21/2006, 03:47 PM
you might keep the burner, depends on the speed. Possibly the modem if you know anyone you feel sorry for who's still on dial up. The rest of it well, outdated is an understatement. A votech might have some use for it though.

OUinFLA
4/21/2006, 03:51 PM
all my computers go to the local votech. except for hard drives.
I assume Ill always find a way to extract my pron.
votech appreciates everything I donate, working or not, even older software.
geeks gotta train on something.

Oh, and it's tax deductable to an extent.

SoonerWood
take all of it to the gun range and put a bunch of holes in it.

yermom
hehe ISA slots

yeah, that stuff is junk

how big is the hard drive?

Ike
4/21/2006, 03:59 PM
hehe ISA slots

yeah, that stuff is junk

thats what I thought those were. yeah, I'd junk everything. most likely the hard drive is less than a gig if you've got ISA slots on the motherboard.

SicEmBaylor
4/21/2006, 04:00 PM
hehe ISA slots

yeah, that stuff is junk

4.3gbs. I think I sitll have a bunch of stuff on the hard drive which I'm pretty sure still works. I think the problem with the comp is the power supply because when it was replaced it was having trouble simply starting. You'd have to keep switching it on and off until it'd finally boot up.

I'm thinking I'm going to chunk the stuff except the burner and the floppy drive. I'm keeping the loppy drive because my new comp doesn't have one and you never know when you may need it.

Ike
4/21/2006, 04:02 PM
4.3gbs. I think I sitll have a bunch of stuff on the hard drive which I'm pretty sure still works. I think the problem with the comp is the power supply because when it was replaced it was having trouble simply starting. You'd have to keep switching it on and off until it'd finally boot up.

I'm thinking I'm going to chunk the stuff except the burner and the floppy drive. I'm keeping the loppy drive because my new comp doesn't have one and you never know when you may need it.

I haven't used a floppy drive in 10 years. you can safely junk it. especially if you keep the burner. CD's are just as cheap now as floppies.

SicEmBaylor
4/21/2006, 04:06 PM
I haven't used a floppy drive in 10 years. you can safely junk it. especially if you keep the burner. CD's are just as cheap now as floppies.

Well my comp now has a dvd/cd burner, but I'm keeping the CD burner out of sentimental reasons. :D

yermom
4/21/2006, 04:08 PM
getting data off the harddrive should be easy enough, but at 4 GB it's not worth keeping except for the data on it

SoonerWood
4/21/2006, 04:10 PM
I'd save the floppy. I actually needed one for some new app I bought recently. I had to dig one out of a box at work to take home and use.

SoonerWood
4/21/2006, 04:11 PM
do you still have the 14" monitor? hehe

if so...take it to the range and put holes in that too. :D