PDA

View Full Version : I just saw Jesus

Osce0la
4/21/2006, 11:34 AM
There was a news story a couple of weeks ago here in Birmingham about a homeless man that walks around the city with a Bible in his hand dressed as Jesus. I saw him once last year and just saw him again a few minutes ago walking down the street in front of our building.

Okla-homey
4/21/2006, 11:40 AM
That guy used to be in Montgomery for a while where I saw him from time to time. I never saw him again after the Judge Roy Ten Commandments showdown summer. I guess he upgraded to Birmingham. I wonder if he walked up the river?;)

BlondeSoonerGirl
4/21/2006, 11:41 AM
Tell that bastard I'm still waiting on that winning Powerball ticket.

:mad:

SicEmBaylor
4/21/2006, 11:44 AM
There are lots of Jesus' around here. Ironically enough most are in the construction business or lawn care.

Ike
4/21/2006, 11:45 AM
funny, I just saw him standing outside the home depot. He didn't speak english, and didn't carry a bible though.

Okla-homey
4/21/2006, 11:46 AM
No, really, this guy has the whole look down. Coarse white flowing robe, sandals, long hair parted down the middle, beard. He just kinda walks the Earth.

OUDoc
4/21/2006, 11:47 AM
funny, I just saw him standing outside the home depot. He didn't speak english, and didn't carry a bible though.
And he was an obese Asian woman, but other than that, looked just like Jesus.

SicEmBaylor
4/21/2006, 11:49 AM
Oops never mind.

BlondeSoonerGirl
4/21/2006, 11:50 AM
I'll bet my ticket's in that bible...

FaninAma
4/21/2006, 11:50 AM
I have always wondered what kind of reception the real Jesus would get if he were alive today. Somehow I think it would be a lot different than the account in the Bible.

jacru
4/21/2006, 11:51 AM
"For many will come in My name, saying, `I am the Christ,' and will mislead many.

-Jesus

Gospel of Matthew 24:5

Scott D
4/21/2006, 11:53 AM
No, really, this guy has the whole look down. Coarse white flowing robe, sandals, long hair parted down the middle, beard. He just kinda walks the Earth.

You mean like Caine in Kung Fu? :D

picasso
4/21/2006, 11:54 AM
I have always wondered what kind of reception the real Jesus would get if he were alive today. Somehow I think it would be a lot different than the account in the Bible.
I think the next time he comes he ain't gonna be all smiles and hugs.

Okla-homey
4/21/2006, 11:58 AM
I think the next time he comes he ain't gonna be all smiles and hugs.

You ain't kiddin' boyo!

OUDoc
4/21/2006, 12:02 PM
I've wondered as well. Anyone claiming to be Jesus today gets a private room at the VA.

soonervegas
4/21/2006, 12:06 PM

Your right about that. The Christian Right would kill him much quicker than the the Jews/Romans did.

jacru
4/21/2006, 12:14 PM
Your right about that. The Christian Right would kill him much quicker than the the Jews/Romans did.
Are you kidding me?! the Left would crucify Him for being an intolerant bigot who forces His morality on others. I mean, who is He to say He is THE way, THE truth and THE life.:rolleyes:

picasso
4/21/2006, 12:17 PM
well he certainly was a rebel.

soonervegas
4/21/2006, 12:20 PM
Are you kidding me?! the Left would crucify Him for being an intolerant bigot who forces His morality on others. I mean, who is He to say He is THE way, THE truth and THE life.:rolleyes:

I am on the other side of this:

Actually, the Christian Right would crucify him for his Anti-War and Anti-Wealth stance. As well as his fellowship with the dregs of society including, but not limited to: gays, prosititutes, drug dealers, etc.

jacru
4/21/2006, 12:27 PM
Jesus was not anti-war or anti-wealth and He hung with the dregs so they could change not stay as they were.

soonervegas
4/21/2006, 12:31 PM
Jesus was not anti-war or anti-wealth and He hung with the dregs so they could change not stay as they were.

Wow. What version did you get those 1st two statements from? As far as the 2nd half of your statement, yes his reasoning behind that would be to be a positive influence in their life. But the 1st two statements.....WOW.

Scott D
4/21/2006, 12:35 PM
Wow. What version did you get those 1st two statements from? As far as the 2nd half of your statement, yes his reasoning behind that would be to be a positive influence in their life. But the 1st two statements.....WOW.

yeah didn't you know that Jesus would be first in line on his trusty white warhorse named Wrath, and with his flaming sword of justice he would smite all who opposed him, and he'd distribute the loot to himself and the church ;)

IB4OU2
4/21/2006, 12:40 PM
Wierd, I saw him outside of Lynda's Birkenstock's..........

Osce0la
4/21/2006, 01:01 PM
yeah didn't you know that Jesus would be first in line on his trusty warhorse named Renegade, and with his flaming spear he would smite all who opposed him, and he'd distribute the loot to himself and the church ;)
Jesus is a Florida State fan?

I wish he'd get us another National Title then...;)

crawfish
4/21/2006, 01:19 PM
I am on the other side of this:

Actually, the Christian Right would crucify him for his Anti-War and Anti-Wealth stance. As well as his fellowship with the dregs of society including, but not limited to: gays, prosititutes, drug dealers, etc.

And so, in the end, we all crucified him.

soonerscuba
4/21/2006, 01:35 PM
And so, in the end, we all crucified him.

No, I think it was the Jews and Romans.

<ducks>

crawfish
4/21/2006, 01:38 PM
No, I think it was the Jews and Romans.

<ducks>

Why blame the ducks? :mad:

soonerscuba
4/21/2006, 01:40 PM
Why blame the ducks? :mad:

They were mad doves got all the glory at the baptism.

Skysooner
4/21/2006, 03:02 PM
Homeland Security might stop him for being a bit "Arabic" looking. I always enjoy seeing Jesus portrayed as Western European looking since this is about as far away from what he would look like.

opksooner
4/21/2006, 03:03 PM
Did he have blonde hair and blue eyes like the picture I saw once in a church?

jacru
4/21/2006, 04:51 PM
I would love to be corrected, from the Bible, as to my error. In which scripture does Jesus state His opposition to war and money?:)

SicEmBaylor
4/21/2006, 04:57 PM
I'll buy that Jesus probably wasn't too big a fan of war and encouraged spreading wealth to the poor, however conservsely I don't think he'd be too big a fan of abortion and homsexual sex.

Then again I'm not very religous so I may be totally wrong.

SicEmBaylor
4/21/2006, 04:58 PM
Oh, also WWJD should NOT be the guiding question behind political decisions.

It shoudl be WWMD?

Penguin
4/21/2006, 06:00 PM
Practice moderation, dude. Everything in moderation, including religion.

The New Testament God doesn't want us worshipping him 100% of the time. But, don't even get me started on what the Old Testament God wants us to do.

Skysooner
4/21/2006, 06:52 PM
Did he have blonde hair and blue eyes like the picture I saw once in a church?

No, that's the Aryan Jesus. He was really into riding fast on the ancient Autobahn.

OKC Sooner
4/21/2006, 08:18 PM
Jesus was a Capricorn, he ate organic food....

Melo
4/21/2006, 08:22 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/PyroBlaze/jesuslol.jpg

jacru
4/21/2006, 08:34 PM
Practice moderation, dude. Everything in moderation, including religion.

The New Testament God doesn't want us worshipping him 100% of the time. But, don't even get me started on what the Old Testament God wants us to do.
polytheism? how many gods you got, dude?:confused:

Penguin
4/21/2006, 09:06 PM
polytheism? how many gods you got, dude?:confused:

Oh, I was just skimming thru a gnostic website. It mentioned that one gnostic belief was the OT god was evil and not the true god, and the NT was the true God that Jesus was introducing everyone to.

You do have to wonder a little bit. The personality of God did change a little bit. In the OT, He was demanding sacrifices, destroying cities, talking to people, washing away civilizations, etc. In the NT, God is sort of laid back.

jacru
4/21/2006, 09:51 PM
One thing is constant. He shows grace to those who will be His people. Jesus appeased God or is the propitiation for our sin which separates us from God. Jesus was the final sacrifice. sufficient for all time. The offer for this forgiveness is for a limited time. Accept this gift today. No one is guaranteed tomorrow. The wrath will return for those who reject it.

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son (Jesus) that whoever would believe in Him would not perish but have everlasting life."

the Gospel of John
chapter 3 verse 16

Chuck Bao
4/21/2006, 10:51 PM
Jesus is always cool in my books, regardless of the spin some people try to put on his sayings.

Concerning money, I love the scripture where he says: "Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's and unto God the things that are God's." Of course the coin of the realm at that time had Caesar's face on it.

There is only one Christ. But, that doesn't stop me from learning from other people's path through life.

I think my point is that this that I would be more willing to hear the viewpoint of this dude than someone in a $1,000 business suit.

SicEmBaylor
4/21/2006, 11:24 PM
The sad truth is that were Jesus alive today with his long hair, robes, and sandals then I'd probably dismiss him as a crazy hippy and have nothing more to do with him.

jacru
4/22/2006, 12:44 AM
His appearance was normal for His day. His words and actions set Him apart.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/22/2006, 12:51 AM
Oh, also WWJD should NOT be the guiding question behind political decisions.

It shoudl be WWMD?What Would Mohammad Do? And you aren't religious? Were you beore you went to Baptist school>?

Mixer!
4/22/2006, 01:48 AM
http://www.gracemc.ch/images/ZZTop%20live.jpg

"Jesus just left Chicago-o, and he was bound for New Or-leens..." :D

SicEmBaylor
4/22/2006, 01:54 AM
What Would Mohammad Do? And you aren't religious? Were you beore you went to Baptist school>?

What Would (James) Madison Do? :D

And no I wasn't. Baylor's Baptist affiliation had nothing to do with why I came here. Hell, I'm not even Baptist.

I went first and foremost becuase I fell in love with the campus. Other determing factors was the relative conservatism of the school, the school's debate program, and the proximity to the President's ranch and the opportunities afforded by that fact.