PDA

View Full Version : Daniel Tabon

Mozart Loves Switzer
4/21/2006, 09:38 AM
I am from Altus, OK and I talked to Daniel's foster parents Wednesday night and they stated that they are concerned about Daniel and his grades. He has basically stopped going to class in high school for he has the attitude that "I am D-1 now."

Daniel has a great football work ethic, a great athlete, and is a good leader. He just, right now, anyway, is not getting it school wise. Hopefully, when he gets here he will realize how important the class room is and that Bob Stoops will not tolerate such behavior.

Daniel has had a pretty rough child hood but he has been able to overcome so many "life obstacles" and I really want to see this kid succeed. I just thought I would share this with my OU family.

FroggyStyle22
4/21/2006, 09:40 AM
That's certainly something I would spread around the internet about a kid that I really wanted to succeed.

Mozart Loves Switzer
4/21/2006, 09:45 AM
And people wonder why our fans can sometimes flat out suck.....we turn on our own like a pack of dogs. People have posted about Daniel playing LB or SS but if he doesn't make his grades then he won't be playing. It is not that anyone is trying to spread bad information....I just want people to realize that this kid has potential and we might not ever get to see it.

okienole3
4/21/2006, 09:47 AM
And people wonder why our fans can sometimes flat out suck.....we turn on our own like a pack of dogs. People have posted about Daniel playing LB or SS but if he doesn't make his grades then he won't be playing. It is not that anyone is trying to spread bad information....I just want people to realize that this kid has potential and we might not ever get to see it.

Bull****, you are posting rumors about a kid. Talk about fans sucking, you suck pal.

Mozart Loves Switzer
4/21/2006, 09:49 AM
Rumors??? I have known this kid since he was in diapers and I know his foster parents for almost 25 years so rumors??? That is why I don't post....as they say on Rome, I'm out!!

The Consumate Showman
4/21/2006, 09:50 AM
Well, I met him at the red/white game and he seemed like a pretty humble kid to me. He was nice and conversational, too. His coach was with him and he told me that Daniel is really excited about coming to OU and that he is up every morning early to lift weights and get himself in shape when he gets to OU. The only thing his coach said that gave me any concern was that Daniel sometimes is a little grouchy and difficult, BUT he always gets his work done.

Being in the education field, I see this a lot. These type of kid that have had a hard life can either end up one of two ways: overcome their pasts and rise above the hard times and make something of themselves, or they can blame everyone else for their problems and be ****sssed at the world and use it as an excuse to underachieve and be a LOSER for the rest of their lives. I hope Daniel can rise above any cockieness and realize what an opportunity he has to come to a big university on full scholarship and not only play for one of the historically BEST FB programs of all time, but have the opportunity to attend of of America's ELITE universities in the world and earn a degree that will carry him farther than any NFL contract.....

Mozart, you should tell these people to invite Daniel and his family to read these boards becuase we all know that we love our players and we want only the best for them. Daniel, from a high school teacher.....get your act together and take full advantage of this once in a liftetime situation, it will NEVER present itself again.....and coach Stoops will NOT put up with a egotistical, cocky attitude either...

okienole3
4/21/2006, 09:53 AM
If you really cared about the kid, you would have a chat with him and/or his parents and not go blabbing your mouth on some message board because you are trying to gain favor by having "inside information."

The Consumate Showman
4/21/2006, 09:54 AM
Bull****, you are posting rumors about a kid. Talk about fans sucking, you suck pal.

Dude, lay off the 'tude...We wonder why fans with genuine info are scared to post it on here....

You know, our University isn't perfect.....no University is. Our players and recruits are not perfect....sometimes crap happens and we have to deal with it and try to encourage our guys not to get their heads down....

C'mon.....be positive. No one like a pessimist.

okienole3
4/21/2006, 10:03 AM
Dude, lay off the 'tude...We wonder why fans with genuine info are scared to post it on here....

You know, our University isn't perfect.....no University is. Our players and recruits are not perfect....sometimes crap happens and we have to deal with it and try to encourage our guys not to get their heads down....

C'mon.....be positive. No one like a pessimist.

Maybe the dude does have good intentions, but if he cared so much then why would he post it on here? Plus, in his original post he didn't say anything about helping the kid out, he said he was letting us know that we might not get to see the kid's talent.

FroggyStyle22
4/21/2006, 10:03 AM
Let's say that he is not doing well in school (excuse me if I don't believe everything someone posts on the internet). There are certainly people who should know about this. However, none of them probably frequent this board that much. All you are doing is starting up a conversation that will lead to this player getting labelled as a bad student. That will just increase the amount of scrutiny that some fans and opponents fans will put on him. None of this is good for a guy that you supposedly want to succeed.

Do you honestly think his foster parents told you that knowing that you would turn around and post it to a bunch of strangers on the internet? Use some common sense man!

sOOnerz311
4/21/2006, 10:05 AM
cmon now, he didn't mean anything by posting that info....its not a big deal....best of luck to tabon

The Consumate Showman
4/21/2006, 10:07 AM
Maybe the dude does have good intentions, but if he cared so much then why would he post it on here? Plus, in his original post he didn't say anything about helping the kid out, he said he was letting us know that we might not get to see the kid's talent.

I know all that, I just hate it when we attack people. We are all sooner fans, right? It just feels like we are rival fans some itmes when we start trying to get all over peole on this board. I hope to God Mozart is wrong, too.

But if you'll remember, there were reports from rivals and scout early on that Daniel may have problems qualifying. Now that's not coming from me, that was Hale on scout reporting that a few months ago.

okienole3
4/21/2006, 10:09 AM
cmon now, he didn't mean anything by posting that info....its not a big deal....best of luck to tabon

And you are????

sooneron
4/21/2006, 10:11 AM
Do you honestly think his foster parents told you that knowing that you would turn around and post it to a bunch of strangers on the internet? Use some common sense man!
I agree with this last part.

How bout this, no one else post in this thread so that it goes the way of the dodo bird!

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
4/21/2006, 10:12 AM
why wait til he gets on campus to notify the coaches? fire venables off an email now. or better yet, have steelpanz do it...

sOOnerz311
4/21/2006, 10:39 AM
Sorry, I didn't realize i had to have 1500 posts to say something positive for someone....

CatfishSooner
4/21/2006, 10:46 AM
Zzz...

Mozart Loves Switzer
4/21/2006, 10:50 AM
We are in constant talks with Daniel about his scholastic work ethic but some kids you can talk to them until you are blue. We will continue to support him and help mold him into an outstanding adult.

After recently losing a daughter, one realizes to pick your battles and this is not one of them. I only posted this for the OU family to rally behind this kid and pull for him. If anyone is offended by this post, please accept my apologies.

And yes, I hope that I (Mozart) am wrong too but we will continue to work on Daniel and the things that will make him a well-rounded individual and the negative ones on here can keep spewing their venom for I am not affected. Oh yeah, I did say I'm out, didn't I? Oh, well, I guess that is more fuel for the fire....let 'em roll boys!

NormanPride
4/21/2006, 10:54 AM
Here's the deal. Someone we don't know from Adam comes on and says they know a kid who's coming in. Fine, we can buy that, but barely. Then said person starts on about how the kid might not make grades. Now I'm beginning to doubt. You've got to realize this whole situation is a bit unbelievable. A person who is a "friend" comes on and immediately chooses to talk about how the kid isn't going to class and has a bad attitude. That's just a little fishy to me, especially since we have a ton of opposing fans that would love nothing more than to spread bad rumors.

You can say you've known the kid since he was in diapers, but we don't know you're telling the truth. Which sounds more true, a guy coming on to spread a bad rumor or a close family friend coming on to share poorly-worded concerns about a recruit making grades?

Mozart Loves Switzer
4/21/2006, 11:02 AM
I understand NormanPride....that is why I love this country. We are guilty until proven innocent, huh? As Antonio Scarpaci said on a Wings episode one time, "Now, now, no need for hurtful things!"

I would never come on this board to spread any malicious rumors. I have too much respect for everyone on here....even the NicZep's of the world!LOL

BOOMERBRADLEY
4/21/2006, 11:26 AM
This thread has gone a little overboard to say the least.

If the guy had said Daniel stabbed a guy a few weeks ago that's one thing, but all he said is that he is not working very hard at his school work which is a very common thing....Lord knows it is for me.

Chill out people...

Also, the guy is being respectful of other posters and not verbally abusing them in any way.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
4/21/2006, 11:30 AM
This thread has gone a little overboard to say the least.

If the guy had said Daniel stabbed a guy a few weeks ago that's one thing which is a very common thing....Lord knows it is for me.

Chill out people...
:eek:

Rock Hard Corn Frog
4/21/2006, 11:38 AM
I think SAS might say "let's not argue and bicker about who killed who. This is supposed to be a happy occaision."

Scott D
4/21/2006, 11:44 AM
I'm glad there wasn't a message board for HPC when I decided to quit doing my schoolwork before deciding I didn't want to go there....I might have been picked apart

boomersooner28
4/21/2006, 11:52 AM
This thread sucks.

soonerjoker
4/21/2006, 12:03 PM
DITTO
and, it is stupid.

okienole3
4/21/2006, 10:46 PM
mozart is stupid

OU-HSV
4/21/2006, 10:50 PM
.....must be offseason still.......

Doged
4/22/2006, 06:00 AM
I think the Sooner staff is probably fully aware of the details of Tabon's academic standing (unlike we band of message board warriors). The only real concern would be if he failed to qualify.

Desert Sapper
4/22/2006, 08:40 AM
I wonder how hard most of the kids we recruit work on academics in high school? I bet the vast majority are national merit scholars.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
4/22/2006, 10:08 AM
I think the Sooner staff is probably fully aware of the details of Tabon's academic standing (unlike we band of message board warriors). The only real concern would be if he failed to qualify.

on a day to day basis? i doubt it. they are hot and heavy in their evaluation period for next year's recruits.