PDA

View Full Version : Hugo Chavez owns Citgo?

picasso
4/21/2006, 09:28 AM
I just heard that he gets a very large cut on the radio. Say it ain't so Joe.:confused: :mad:

Mjcpr
4/21/2006, 09:33 AM
I just heard that he gets a very large cut on the radio. Say it ain't so Joe.:confused: :mad:

I think Citgo is state-owned.....by Venezuela, of which he is the Prez.

picasso
4/21/2006, 09:40 AM
well I never buy gas there anyway but I certainly won't buy any more 40 ouncers there now.

Mjcpr
4/21/2006, 09:40 AM
well I never buy gas there anyway but I certainly won't buy any more 40 ouncers there now.

If for no other reason than they bailed on Tulsa.....the fact that he's crazy as a ****house rat just makes the decision easier.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/21/2006, 11:03 AM
I lived down there for 2 yrs as a 12-14 year old kid, and that country has always been wild and crazy. I'm surprised it took them so long to go off the deep end.

Scott D
4/21/2006, 11:04 AM
I blame Tuba.

Jimminy Crimson
4/21/2006, 11:08 AM
And TOTAL was buddy-buddy with Saddam Hussein.

King Crimson
4/21/2006, 11:39 AM
And TOTAL was buddy-buddy with Saddam Hussein.

if that's the criteria for being bat**** crazy....then i'd tread lightly my fellow American.

OklahomaTuba
4/21/2006, 12:53 PM
I blame Tuba.
:D

OklahomaTuba
4/21/2006, 12:58 PM
This should make you feel better as well!

Rank COMPANY NAME STATE SITE Barrels per Calendar Day
1 EXXONMOBIL REFINING & SUPPLY CO Texas BAYTOWN 557,000
2 EXXONMOBIL REFINING & SUPPLY CO Louisana BATON ROUGE 493,500
3 BP PRODUCTS NORTH AMERICA INC Texas TEXAS CITY 437,000
4 BP PRODUCTS NORTH AMERICA INC Indiana WHITING 410,000
5 EXXONMOBIL REFINING & SUPPLY CO Texas BEAUMONT 348,500
6 SUNOCO INC (R&M) Pennsylvania PHILADELPHIA 335,000
7 DEER PARK REFINING LTD PARTNERSHIP Texas DEER PARK 333,700
8 CHEVRON USA INC Mississippi PASCAGOULA 325,000
9 CITGO PETROLEUM CORP Louisana LAKE CHARLES 324,300
10 CONOCOPHILLIPS Illinois WOOD RIVER 306,000

http://www.eia.doe.gov/neic/rankings/refineries.htm

49r
4/21/2006, 04:45 PM
Citgo sign sees changes
Carlene Olsen

Issue date: 11/18/04 Section: News
Print
Email

Article Tools
Page 1 of 1

Media Credit: Nikki Miller
The Citgo sign in Kenmore Square undergoes renovations to its west-facing side.

The Citgo sign is undergoing its first major facelift since it was erected in Kenmore Square in 1965, but there will be no major changes to the landmark's design.

Robert Sawyer, long time caretaker of the Citgo sign, explained the need for the current renovation.

"Imagine what it's like to be exposed to the wind and the rain at its height," Sawyer said. "The sign has been exposed to a lot of elements over the past 40 years."

Sawyer explained that although the sign has undergone maintenance work in the past, the effects of its age require additional work to be done.

"Everything is being upgraded, but visually nothing will change," Sawyer said. "The sign is an important part of the Boston city landscape."

The renovations, which began in early September, were briefly halted during the World Series, but are expected to be completed sometime next month.

"It was done in such a way that we did not touch the Fenway Park side until after the World Series," Sawyer said.

Sawyer said construction workers did not want to touch the sign's west-facing side because of fan superstition. He said fans were upset after the Red Sox lost a game against the Baltimore Orioles last year on a night when the Citgo sign was turned off for maintenance repairs.

"The next morning Mayor [Thomas] Menino arranged to have the sign turned on for good luck and that night the Sox won," he said. "It was important that the Fenway Park side was not touched until after the World Series."

College of Arts and Sciences sophomore Andrew Rahmberg, a Massachusetts resident and longtime Red Sox fan, said the construction delay was a good idea.

"I was glad to see that Fenway looked the same during the World Series games, complete with the Citgo sign," he said.

Although baseball season is over, the Citgo sign is still on the minds of many who are accustomed to its place in Boston's skyline.

CAS sophomore Elizabeth Estienne said she hopes the sign will be burning bright soon again.

"I live right across the street from it so I want them to hurry up and finish," she said. "It feels kind of empty without it."

Boston-area residents agreed the Citgo sign's current lack of luminescence is discomforting.

"You can't see it anymore from a distance," said Lynn resident Victor Wilson. "The sign is a very notable landmark."

Paul Bolden, a Boston resident, said he cannot understand how so many people view the sign as a city landmark, even though it has not received official landmark status by the Federal Government.

"I was surprised that the sign was being maintained, but it doesn't really affect me at all," he said.

Bostonians LOVE Hugo Chavez!