PDA

View Full Version : Star Trek XI (with Lost ties)

Norm In Norman
4/21/2006, 09:06 AM
http://www.trektoday.com/news/210406_01.shtml

crawfish
4/21/2006, 09:08 AM
Would I be considered a nerd if I said "that flies in the face of the established history of how they met"?

:O

Mjcpr
4/21/2006, 09:09 AM
Would I be considered a nerd if I said "that flies in the face of the established history of how they met"?

No, it would only add to your already considerable nerddom.

bri
4/21/2006, 09:16 AM
Somewhere, Scott Bakula sighs a deep sigh of rejected disappointment as he picks up the want ads...

crawfish
4/21/2006, 09:16 AM
No, it would only add to your already considerable nerddom.

*whew*

Beano's Fourth Chin
4/21/2006, 09:21 AM
You saw what he did to Felicity didn't you? Dude can get a lot of hype and interest built up with a great story line and premise and then he totally meets the globetrotters*. I hope that he never does that on Lost. We'll see what happens with Lost.

*I have coined a new term for when a television series stops being good. Remember when Scooby-Doo started having guest voices and characters like Jerry Reed and the Globetrotters? They met the globetrotters way before Scrappy hits the scene.

crawfish
4/21/2006, 09:23 AM
What the *&#$ were the Globetrotters doing on Gilligan's Island, anyway?

bri
4/21/2006, 09:25 AM
You saw what he did to Felicity didn't you? Dude can get a lot of hype and interest built up with a great story line and premise and then he totally meets the globetrotters*. I hope that he never does that on Lost. We'll see what happens with Lost.

Dude, who do you think The Others are?

Well, okay, they're the Washington Generals. But who do you think they'll have to bring in to eventually defeat them? That's right...the Globetrotters.

Beano's Fourth Chin
4/21/2006, 09:45 AM
Dude, who do you think The Others are?

Well, okay, they're the Washington Generals. But who do you think they'll have to bring in to eventually defeat them? That's right...the Globetrotters.

I'm about 6 episodes behind, so I really don't care to discuss it. However, the parallels between Lost and Gilligan's Island are uncanny.

And when did Gilligan's Island meet the Globetrotters? That's right, when they met the Globetrotters.

mrowl
4/21/2006, 09:57 AM

the globetrotters came to lost when they extended it past the original mini series idea.

proud gonzo
4/21/2006, 10:03 AM
Maybe he can break the odd-numbered trek movie curse.

or maybe he'll be smart and just call it XII. :D

yermom
4/21/2006, 10:11 AM
just imagine the hot space babes a young Cap'n Kirk could land

Norm In Norman
4/21/2006, 10:48 AM

Do we really know that they didn't meet before Kirk became a captain? I can't remember. I remember Spock was originally on the enterprise when Pike was captain...

Norm In Norman
4/21/2006, 10:50 AM
I guess my question really is, what is the "established history of how they met"?

royalfan5
4/21/2006, 10:51 AM
I liked the Romulan Wars idea better than this, and the f'ed by not getting Bryan Singer to direct like he so desperately wanted to. Also who would you get as Kirk and Spock?

handcrafted
4/21/2006, 10:53 AM
Spock graduated from the academy a number of years before Kirk. They were not classmates. Spock was already a lieutenant (O3) and science officer on the Enterprise at the time Kirk graduated. Kirk made Captain faster than anyone ever had up to that point, which is why he outranks Spock in TOS. Also, Spock "has no desire to command".

Good grief. Even Enterprise didn't blow continuity that badly. I'm not optimistic about the results of this. If they can't make a prequel without it sucking, they should can the idea and just go forward into the future and quit trying to go back in time.

royalfan5
4/21/2006, 10:55 AM
Spock graduated from the academy a number of years before Kirk. They were not classmates. Spock was already a lieutenant (O3) and science officer on the Enterprise at the time Kirk graduated. Kirk made Captain faster than anyone ever had up to that point, which is why he outranks Spock in TOS. Also, Spock "has no desire to command".

Good grief. Even Enterprise didn't blow continuity that badly. I'm not optimistic about the results of this. If they can't make a prequel without it sucking, they should can the idea and just go forward into the future and quit trying to go back in time.
No matter what they do it can't be worse than Nemesis.

handcrafted
4/21/2006, 11:19 AM
No matter what they do it can't be worse than Nemesis.

Werd. I've not seen it and don't plan to. They utterly ruined the Romulans and the idea they used for a villian (not to spoil in case someone hasn't seen it) was just the silliest thing I ever heard. I refused to see it once I found out what the premise was.

NormanPride
4/21/2006, 11:28 AM
[http://www.metroactive.com/papers/metro/05.13.99/gifs/slices-9919.jpg] Star Trek Sucks! [/http://www.metroactive.com/papers/metro/05.13.99/gifs/slices-9919.jpg]

Scott D
4/21/2006, 11:50 AM

You do know the story about the failed Superman project a few years ago right?

Beano's Fourth Chin
4/21/2006, 12:00 PM

I hear Abrams explains Kirk's genius on having a very high concentration of what he calls, "jordiworfians" in his blood. They're also revisioning tribbles. They're now 8 foot tall ape/dog creatures that speak in grunts. I thought the part where the young Spock builds Data was pretty funny. Especially when you get to see him without his skin. Just a bunch of wires walking around.

Speaking of which, did you guys see the fark: star wars vs. star trek photoshop yesterday? Priceless.

TheUnnamedSooner
4/25/2006, 10:29 AM
They screwed themselves when they killed kirk on generations. It would be nice to have a future meeting between the two

Beano's Fourth Chin
5/2/2006, 09:19 AM
Merciful Heavens (http://www.cinescape.com/0/editorial.asp?aff_id=0&this_cat=Movies&action=page&type_id=&cat_id=270338&obj_id=51139)

jeremy885
5/2/2006, 09:23 AM
He made a good Jack Ryan ;)

GottaHavePride
5/2/2006, 09:45 AM
Merciful Heavens (http://www.cinescape.com/0/editorial.asp?aff_id=0&this_cat=Movies&action=page&type_id=&cat_id=270338&obj_id=51139)

Dead. To. Me.

GDC
5/2/2006, 10:01 AM
I went to a Star Trek convention once.

OKC Sooner
5/2/2006, 11:18 AM
They screwed themselves when they killed kirk on generations. It would be nice to have a future meeting between the two

Q could fix that up, no prob

skycat
5/2/2006, 11:28 AM

RET KHAAAAAAN!!!

skycat
5/2/2006, 01:57 PM
RET KHAAAAAAN!!!

I give you people a beautiful three part synthesis of obscure geek jargon, iconic movie quote, and ridiculously bad pun, and nothing?

:twinkies:

Norm In Norman
5/2/2006, 07:24 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

BudSooner
5/2/2006, 08:29 PM

After seeing all of the original series-TNG-DS9-Voyager(yes that one too)and Enterprise...and all of the movies, this will probably be the first one that I do not intend on seeing EVAR!

royalfan5
5/2/2006, 08:42 PM
just to point out that I am bigger dork than the rest of you, I do my trek bitching on an actual dedicated trekbbs. I just don't think the Affleck thing will go through, he is box office poison right now, and the last thing you want when you are trying to revive a franchise.

dolemitesooner
5/2/2006, 10:44 PM
Star trek is for fags