PDA

View Full Version : What is Ruth?

IB4OU2
4/21/2006, 08:11 AM
We had an Engineer from Space Park/Redondo Beach Ca. come in this week to train some of our engineers in prohibitve materials testing processes and for the life of me I couldn't tell his/her gender.
He/She wore the khakis with the button down shirt with the belt and with no evident cleavage. His/her hair was cut shorter than my own. I didn't know how to address him/her being the polite hillbilly I am, so I dropped the yes mam or sir and just said yes or no and kept our converstation technically related. Anyone else ever deal with situations like this?

Her/his name was Ruth........

Okla-homey
4/21/2006, 08:25 AM
We had an Engineer from Space Park/Redondo Beach Ca. come in this week to train some of our engineers in prohibitve materials testing processes and for the life of me I couldn't tell his/her gender.
He/She wore the khakis with the button down shirt with the belt and with no evident cleavage. His/her hair was cut shorter than my own. I didn't know how to address him/her being the polite hillbilly I am, so I dropped the yes mam or sir and just said yes or no and kept our converstation technically related. Anyone else ever deal with situations like this?

Her/his name was Ruth........

I think its a safe bet "Ruth" lacks a Y chromosome...although from your description it sounds as though she greatly regrets it.

Hamhock
4/21/2006, 08:28 AM
I think you have better than 80% that a "Ruth" is a she.

Bring her a bunch of water, then stick around to see which potty she uses.

TopDaugIn2000
4/21/2006, 08:32 AM
there's one working as a carhop at Sonic on 24th and Robinson in Norman that I can't figure out either.

Osce0la
4/21/2006, 08:38 AM
Babe Ruth?
Baby Ruth?

OKC Sooner
4/21/2006, 08:44 AM
If he/she has gone home, are you now ruthless?