PDA

View Full Version : Genesis Live at Wembley

Oldnslo
4/20/2006, 08:43 PM
Playing in HD, from the "Invisible Touch" tour.

Phil is sportin' a skullet.

royalfan5
4/20/2006, 08:48 PM
For my money you can't beat Genesis. I even managed to name my paper for Book of Genesis in College: Land of Confusion(God's Invisible Touch in Genesis) It dealt with New Testament foreshawdowing in the Book of Genesis.

Also Skullet's are awesome.

AllAboutThe'O'
4/20/2006, 11:06 PM
Did Phil Collins and Genesis reunite? I remember about 10 years ago he left the band and they brought in a new lead singer and he, well, he wasn't Phil Collins.
I love all the Phil Collins stuff with Genesis, but I wish the Peter Gabriel-era Genesis got more airplay. Sort of like Fleetwood Mac before Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks joined the group.

proud gonzo
4/20/2006, 11:25 PM
they broke up and collins doesn't have hair anymore either. and collins is done touring--did his final tour two years ago, i believe. SBSB was at the concert, she knows.

AllAboutThe'O'
4/20/2006, 11:31 PM
they broke up and collins doesn't have hair anymore either. and collins is done touring--did his final tour two years ago, i believe. SBSB was at the concert, she knows.
I knew Phil was bald.

picasso
4/21/2006, 09:18 AM
I just saw in the paper where Phil and Peter the freak Gabriel are getting the band back together for a new album and tour.
I dug some of the Genesis sound when Phil took over vocals. was kinda fresh and stuff. the mid 80's stuff and Phils' sool work? not-so much.

and that video they had with all of the puppets freaked me out man. and the part with The Gipper pressing the nuke button was just plain stupid. those *******s should have thankded God we had the capabilities Russia had in those days.

colleyvillesooner
4/21/2006, 09:19 AM
Do you like Phil Collins? I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where, uh, Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Christy, take off your robe. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. Sabrina, remove your dress. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Sabrina, why don't you, uh, dance a little. Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as, uh, anything I've heard in rock. Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and, uh, Against All Odds. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is Sussudio, a great, great song, a personal favorite.

GDC
6/21/2006, 07:13 PM
http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/5925293/genesis_hint_at_future_on_new_web_site

StoopTroup
6/21/2006, 08:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMtItr-QnnE&search=genesis%20wembley