PDA

View Full Version : I'm speechless....

Okla-homey
4/20/2006, 08:17 PM
Background: Mrs Homey and I are going to a performance of "The Marriage of Figaro" Saturday night at the PAC here in T-town.

She knows how much I dig Mozart so I guess she wanted to make it really special for me.

She walked in tonight with a new suit for me to wear Saturday night by some Eyetalian outfit called "Ermenegildo Zegna." (I'm not even sure how to say it)

Its sharp and all, but when I asked her how much it cost, she just said, don't sweat it, you're worth it. See, as long as we've been married (almost 24 years) she has ratholed some of her pay each month in a seperate account so she can do stuff like this...usually for family members other than me.

You know, I've been from Australia to Iceland and bunch of places in between but I never met a finer gal anywhere.

<and I'm not sucking up, she never goes on this board>

That is all.

OUinFLA
4/20/2006, 08:21 PM
sometimes you just catch a "keeper" :)

JohnnyMack
4/20/2006, 08:22 PM
"Ermenegildo Zegna." (I'm not even sure how to say it)

It's Italian for, "you're a bad motherfu*ker."

soonerbrat
4/20/2006, 08:23 PM
Ermenegildo Zegna

Air-men-JIL-do ZAY-nya

Okla-homey
4/20/2006, 08:26 PM
Ermenegildo Zegna

Air-men-JIL-do ZAY-nya

I think I'll just call it my Eyetalian suit...or maybe my "Zay-nya.":D

JohnnyMack
4/20/2006, 08:26 PM
Zen-ya.

Okla-homey
4/20/2006, 08:27 PM
Zen-ya.

naw, gotta keep it real and Okie-fy it.;)

Tailwind
4/20/2006, 08:33 PM
That's pretty cool of her. You're a lucky man.

BajaOklahoma
4/20/2006, 08:33 PM
Pics?
TIA

OUHOMER
4/20/2006, 08:35 PM
you are a lucky man.... So am I, as you know i am a fr'n hillbilly. I got a call from the boss monday saying I had to meet the area div manager and the VP of north america on wenesday. I had to to a meeting and must wear a suit... Well, my old suit , well has shrunk some how. So we blow into MWH and tell them I need a suit and need by tuesday night. SO about a million dollars later its a done deal. The wife was picking out ties and shirts and not blinking at the price....

She seemed all excited about it, (i think it was just the shopping part).

anyway its great to have a wife that cares.

Okla-homey
4/20/2006, 08:36 PM
That's pretty cool of her. You're a lucky man.

I still can't believe she has put up with me for almost a quarter century. She graduated from college on a Friday. I graduated on Saturday, and we got hitched on Sunday. Just a couple of 22 y/o hilbillies with the big old world ahead of us. Its been pretty durn cool ever since.

soonerbrat
4/20/2006, 08:36 PM
Zen-ya.

ZAY=nya

Okla-homey
4/20/2006, 08:39 PM
ZAY=nya

I'm going with the chick opinion. They usually know these things.

Tiptonsooner
4/20/2006, 10:01 PM
You better take her out fer some beans and taters. You might even splurge on some lambsquarter to really thank her. Now that's f'n hillbilly eatin' right there.

Seriously Homey, that's pretty awesome to have a companion like that. I've got one myself and wonder sometimes, what the hell is she doing with me?

proud gonzo
4/20/2006, 11:36 PM
awesome. very awesome.

Octavian
4/21/2006, 12:15 AM
Mrs Homey and I are going to a performance of "The Marriage of Figaro"

:dean: PU$$Y!

GottaHavePride
4/21/2006, 12:54 AM
So I managed to find www.zegna.com.

they don't list a price. for anything. Damn, Homey, methinks you got a sweet suit. Probably special-made to fit you, if your wife is sneaky.

Okla-homey
4/21/2006, 04:26 AM
So I managed to find www.zegna.com.

Probably special-made to fit you, if your wife is sneaky.

No, its off the rack, but I'm shaped such that the only thing I need done with a size 42R suit is have the pants hemmed.

TexasLidig8r
4/21/2006, 08:36 AM
Zegna's rock... especially the upper end ones... silk lined pants and jacket sleeves... Next will come the Bruno Maglis like these bad boys...

http://www.grapevinehill.com/images/brunomagli_rightpic.jpg

Hopefully, the Tulsa Opera company won't "trick up" Le Nozze di Figaro. The Dallas Opera troupe did it about 4 years ago.. put them in "modern costuming" with "sets reflecting the current times."... it sucked big green monkey .....

But.. listen for this aria...

http://www.thesahara.net/shawshank_redemption.htm

It can be INCREDIBLE !!!

4/21/2006, 08:52 AM
I cringe when my wife buys me something. Of course, I'm our only income.

Sounds like a great night out for you both. Enjoy.

IB4OU2
4/21/2006, 09:12 AM
I met your wife Homey and I could tell at the time you were a lucky, lucky man. I feel the same way about my own. I thank the good Lord every day for the time he has allowed me to spend with her (almost 30 years now). :D

picasso
4/21/2006, 09:22 AM
when I first met Camden, she took me to see Trust Company and Disturbed.

I wasn't sure what I had gotten myself into.

BeetDigger
4/21/2006, 09:29 AM
Homey - I have a Zegna suit and it blows away any other suit that I have. It's like wearing pajama's that make you look like a thousand bucks. But you can't wear just any shoes.

Oh, and you sound like you got a great one. Funny how when you find the right one, the years just go by.