PDA

View Full Version : how did the meeting go ?

tinkerite2002
4/20/2006, 05:00 PM
Did anyone hear how the meeting went today between scottie reynolds and Coach Capel? just curious I hope he stays

JohnnyMack
4/20/2006, 05:07 PM
Coach Capel dunked in Scottie's face and gave him a "WE MUST PROTECT THIS HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!"

Then he kicked him in the junk and said, don't hate the player, hate the game.

stoopified
4/20/2006, 05:17 PM
That was real helpful JMac.

william_brasky
4/20/2006, 06:32 PM
Coach Capel dunked in Scottie's face and gave him a "WE MUST PROTECT THIS HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!"

:twinkies:

OUGreg723
4/20/2006, 07:46 PM
I'll give you guys the inside details tomarrow afternoon. You have my word!

-greg

Big Red Ron
4/20/2006, 07:50 PM

-gregYou're cool and all but I'm not sure as to be happy or sad about that.

Big Red Ron
4/20/2006, 07:50 PM

Then he kicked him in the junk and said, don't hate the player, hate the game.heh

crawfish
4/20/2006, 07:51 PM

-greg

You da man, Greg!

If we haven't stated how much we've appreciated you over the last year, I'm sorry. Your reports have been priceless. I hope you have a great experience at OU! And Scottie, too. ;)

Sooner_Bob
4/20/2006, 07:53 PM

:eek:

OUGreg723
4/20/2006, 07:57 PM
You da man, Greg!

If we haven't stated how much we've appreciated you over the last year, I'm sorry. Your reports have been priceless. I hope you have a great experience at OU! And Scottie, too. ;)

Thanks bro. I would do anything for my beloved Sooners. Sometimes I wonder if I take it too far with these posts about Scottie. I might have to be more cautious when I'm at OU if he still decides to go. He knows I talk about him on here, I just dont think he reads the stuff.

Jimminy Crimson
4/20/2006, 08:00 PM
Thanks bro. I would do anything for my beloved Sooners. Sometimes I wonder if I take it too far with these posts about Scottie. I might have to be more cautious when I'm at OU if he still decides to go. He knows I talk about him on here, I just dont think he reads the stuff.

I don't like the look of that! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Big Red Ron
4/20/2006, 08:09 PM
Honestly, I hope he comes to Oklahoma but we'll be fine without him.

Honestly, we will.

suncoastsooner7
4/20/2006, 08:52 PM
As an often reader but little poster, thanks Greg.

OUGreg723
4/20/2006, 09:10 PM
Honestly, I hope he comes to Oklahoma but we'll be fine without him.

Honestly, we will.

Yeah. Your right. I think we will be fine either way.

Big Red Ron
4/20/2006, 09:12 PM
Yeah. Your right. I think we will be fine either way.You're ;)

william_brasky
4/20/2006, 09:16 PM
Greg's gonna get a B in English.

Brasky7
4/20/2006, 09:23 PM
Me fail english, that's unpossible...

;)

OUGreg723
4/20/2006, 10:56 PM
Greg's gonna get a B in English.

I'm sorry my message board typing skills are poor..:rolleyes:
I was posting at work and I had to hurry. I'll try harder.

;)

Collier11
4/22/2006, 07:38 AM
greg id give you an A man, teachers these days are too hard on grades so I got your back

King Crimson
4/22/2006, 08:31 AM
teachers these days are too hard on grades so I got your back

au contraire mon frere, grade inflation in the US has never been higher.

suncoastsooner7
4/22/2006, 10:32 AM

You're not supposed to say that KC. The Teacher's Unions are like the old Italian Mafia now. I'd hate to hear about you disappearing

ouradu
4/22/2006, 04:18 PM
of course there is the parent mafia too, when teachers don't give precious johnny the 'A' he "deserves" they pitch a fit to the principals and/or superintendent about the unfair teacher who promptly gets thrown under the bus every time. Teachers get very little support concerning grading policies or discipline from administration who are more in the PR business than the education business. It's a wonder...

Collier11
4/22/2006, 04:58 PM

Umm...did you or do you go to OU, gettin an A at OU in degree classes is like findin an aggie with all his teeth

Vegas Sooner
4/22/2006, 05:11 PM
....wait..we will be ok,.....but I want to be better. I want this guy. McDonalds AA----c'mon. This would help the university. Anybody that has been through OU--all Alum --- they really want this guy. It is huge for OU. I look forward to the new system next year w/ him.

Big Red Ron
4/22/2006, 05:15 PM
I'm an OU grad and could give a squirt of pee if this guy comes here or not.

Vegas Sooner
4/22/2006, 05:17 PM
I'm an OU grad and could give a squirt of pee if this guy comes here or not.
??????????

Vegas Sooner
4/22/2006, 05:18 PM
......is it bc u only care about football?

Big Red Ron
4/22/2006, 05:20 PM
No, it's because we will be okay without him. We are and always will be OU, Reynolds or not.

Gandalf_The_Grey
4/22/2006, 08:06 PM
We are and always will be OU

New School Motto...we can be whornish!!!

TheHumanAlphabet
4/23/2006, 12:00 AM

-greg

Its tomorrow afternoon already! Whats the word?

Big Red Ron
4/23/2006, 08:04 AM
New School Motto...we can be whornish!!!We have much more to brag about so, it really ain't braggin.

The VIIIth
4/23/2006, 08:16 AM
CBS affiliate in OKC reporting that Damien James now wants out of his scholarship...

OUGreg723
4/23/2006, 09:58 AM
Its tomorrow afternoon already! Whats the word?

I posted everything in 'departure rumors'. My bad.

GDC
4/23/2006, 02:31 PM
More Sampson recruits wanting out, sources say
By DAVE SITTLER World Sports Writer
4/23/2006

Hello, Jeff Capel. And welcome to the seedy, slimy side of major college basketball.

I bet it wasn't anything like this at Virginia Commonwealth, the mid-major Capel coached for four seasons. And Capel definitely didn't witness this slime in the four seasons he started at Duke, the pristine program that's never in NCAA trouble and where recruiting's a breeze because blue-chip players beg to play for the Blue Devils.

Although it's less than two weeks since Capel replaced Kelvin Sampson as Oklahoma's coach, he has watched his predecessor go before the NCAA Infractions Committee to testify about breaking rules at OU. And he's read comments Sampson made to the NCAA, where he blamed Oklahoma State for turning him in.

So he inherited a program under NCAA siege. And then Capel found out Sampson angered OU's biggest hoops rival by making finger-pointing statements about the Cowboys.

Are we having fun yet, coach?

And here's the kicker. None of the aforementioned mess is even the worst part of what Capel has dealt with since he was introduced April 11 at OU's 12th men's basketball coach.

Reliable sources have confirmed that at least three of the five players Sampson recruited during the early-signing period last

fall plan to ask to be released from their letters of intent.

The three players, who helped comprise a class that was ranked No. 4 nationally by one recruiting service, include guard Scottie Reynolds, center Jeremy Mayfield and forward Damion James.

A Texas newspaper reported erroneously Saturday that OU had already released Reynolds. Capel may have indicated the release was forthcoming when he met with Reynolds, as one source said, but it won't be official until athletic director Joe Castiglione signs off on it.

"Capel is thinking about letting Reynolds have his release," a source said. "But it (the request) hasn't been processed yet."

Sources also confirmed that Reynolds is the only one of the three whose request was made by a family member. Those sources said Castiglione won't honor any requests made by high school or AAU coaches, or people who proclaim they are representing James and Mayfield.

As of Saturday, OU officials reportedly had heard Mayfield and James want their releases. But they haven't received any official notification from the players' families.

OU officials, sources confirmed, are curious why these requests came several weeks after Sampson had left to take the Indiana job.

"Reynolds had been fine all the way until last Tuesday," a source said. "And then all of a sudden it changed. This is very odd."

Under NCAA rules, coaches from other schools are not allowed to contact a player once he has signed a letter of intent.

Those coaches, of course, can get around that by having a go-between make the contact. And those making the contacts are reportedly using negative recruiting tactics, pointing out the OU basketball program went before the NCAA Infractions Committee on Friday and could receive severe sanctions for the impermissible phone calls made by Sampson and some of his staff members.

"Guys who are the (blue-chip) level like Reynolds and James," a source said, "there are all kinds of hangers-on, people trying to get to them for their own gain. They can confuse kids a lot. It's an ugly side of the business."

OU reportedly plans to take the approach of doing what it believes is the right thing and release any player whose family makes the request. If a school doesn't grant a release and a player transfers, he must sit out a season and loses a year of eligibility.

Sooner officials apparently believe that the release shows the good-faith relationship the school wants to maintain with the player. They hope the good feelings the player had about OU when he signed will convince him to re-sign after he checks out his options.

"If Oklahoma treats them the right way," a source said, "it might actually help keep them."

The other two of the five November signees are guard Tony Crocker and forward Keith Clark. Both have said they intend to stick with their commitments.

Several sources have confirmed that it's highly probable Mayfield and Clark won't be academically eligible to enroll at OU.

If that happens, and Reynolds and James leave, Crocker could be the only one of Sampson's highly touted class who actually plays for the Sooners next season.

If I'm Capel, I'm asking OU to add one more year to my contract for every one of the recruits who leaves because Sampson is no longer OU's coach. It adds some security for the coach who shouldn't be criticized if he's unable to convince the players to stay. Capel has only a few weeks and a limited number of visits to do a recruiting job that Sampson worked on for years.

Capel probably doesn't need to ask for a contract extension. Castiglione, OU President David Boren and the school's regents understand the difficult situation their new coach inherited.

Perhaps Capel can pull of a recruiting coup during the late-signing period, which ends May 17. Maybe he'll find quality replacements for those who either leave or are ineligible, but the pool of talent is pretty shallow by this time of the recruiting season.

"Capel hasn't been surprised by anything that's happened," a source said. "He's working hard to correct it. But it's probably been disappointing for him."

Welcome to the big time, coach. It's a place where those recruiting disappointments are often covered with slime..