PDA

View Full Version : Lynda's Birkenstock

Viking Kitten
4/20/2006, 04:18 PM
How the hell does this place stay open, anyway?

This place has been there for 13 years that I know of. Is it their prime location at the corner of Nowhere and Nowhere? Who the **** even wears Birkenstocks, anyway?

Yet everytime you drive by, the parking lot is jam packed with late model, European imports. I find the whole thing very disturbing.

Is this place like a front for the Mob or something? :confused:

Jimminy Crimson
4/20/2006, 04:19 PM
Who in the hell spells their name like that?

I don't wear those things, but I assume they have a big selection of Birkenstocks and yuppie people in late model Euros wear Birkenstocks?

You should get a black pair, b/c you're goth and all. :)

1stTimeCaller
4/20/2006, 04:21 PM
she's no Linda Soundtrack, that's for sure.

mdklatt
4/20/2006, 04:23 PM
Who the **** even wears Birkenstocks, anyway?
the parking lot is jam packed with late model, European imports.

If late model European imports = Saabs and Volvos you answered your own question. :D

Is this place like a front for the Mob or something? :confused:

You're thinking of Toto's.

Partial Qualifier
4/20/2006, 04:27 PM
wonder if they sell white tube socks, you know, to complete "the look"

Viking Kitten
4/20/2006, 04:28 PM

Maybe, if by "look" you mean "wormhole to 1992."

1stTimeCaller
4/20/2006, 04:29 PM

but they gotta have gray toes and heels

slickdawg
4/20/2006, 04:29 PM
Are you sure that Lynda Lovelace isn't "working" there?

BlondeSoonerGirl
4/20/2006, 04:33 PM
Who in the hell spells their name like that?

My aunt Lynda...:O

Jimminy Crimson
4/20/2006, 04:33 PM
I'm glad a lot of Birkenstock wearers sport socks b/c you know a lot of those hippies have golden graham toenails! :mack:

Viking Kitten
4/20/2006, 04:34 PM
My aunt Lynda...:O

OH SNAP!

BlondeSoonerGirl
4/20/2006, 04:48 PM
I'm glad a lot of Birkenstock wearers sport socks b/c you know a lot of those hippies have golden graham toenails! :mack:

Mmmm, Fritos...

And I just called my aunt and she's supa.pi$$ed at you...:eddie:

NormanPride
4/20/2006, 04:55 PM
Man, that is the best place to park your car and look completely hip. The selection is pretty good, but the service is what sells it for me. I get them to oil the shoes up, and they do such a great job! If only they'd do that to my Audi's all leather interior! Ha. Ha. Ha. I went there last thursday to get some old birks refurbed and Lynda herself was there. Of course I know her, but I didn't want to bother her, right? You just don't do that in someone's workplace. I gave her a wink, though, and she smiled so I know I'm in good with the ownership.

thenotman
4/20/2006, 05:23 PM
Do the cars look something like this? I asked my wife not to go there

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/1049/volvosex8bf.jpg

TopDaugIn2000
4/20/2006, 06:58 PM
I've bought about 10 pair there......it's the only place I buy them (in OK anyway)

she has a really great selection, nearly ALWAYS has my hard-to-find size of 43 narrow, and also carries other GOOD European shoes.

I had trouble with stress fractures when I was younger, so I have to wear really good shoes with lots of arch support. The only thing is that I can't wear open toe/heel shoes to work, so I only get to wear them nights and weekends while running around. Make fun all you want, but I love em. So comfortable and long lasting.

NormanPride
4/20/2006, 07:45 PM
I've bought about 10 pair there......it's the only place I buy them (in OK anyway)

she has a really great selection, nearly ALWAYS has my hard-to-find size of 43 narrow, and also carries other GOOD European shoes.

I had trouble with stress fractures when I was younger, so I have to wear really good shoes with lots of arch support. The only thing is that I can't wear open toe/heel shoes to work, so I only get to wear them nights and weekends while running around. Make fun all you want, but I love em. So comfortable and long lasting.

No open toed shoes, but you can have your hair the way you do? Your workplace confuses and frightens me.

TopDaugIn2000
4/20/2006, 07:48 PM
hehehehe

soonerbrat
4/20/2006, 07:54 PM

now you know how they stay in business :)

TopDaugIn2000
4/20/2006, 07:54 PM
exactly

Okla-homey
4/20/2006, 07:55 PM
Why don't you buy your Birkies online like the rest of the free world? It ain't like "fit" varies. If you know your size, which all veteran Birkies wearers do, just click away and free yosef from the ratrace.

NormanPride
4/20/2006, 07:55 PM
now you know how they stay in business :)

Maybe now VK's anger will be appeased...

TopDaugIn2000
4/20/2006, 07:56 PM
ratrace.....at Lynda's????? Hardly.

I like her store, usually try on several pair, then make my decision. I like the personal touch, and to support a local retail store.

soonerbrat
4/20/2006, 07:58 PM

is she angry?

Jimminy Crimson
4/20/2006, 07:58 PM
I like the personal touch

Go on... ;)

Viking Kitten
4/20/2006, 07:59 PM

:les: I AM NOT ANGRY!

TopDaugIn2000
4/20/2006, 08:06 PM
she's not angry. in fact, she gave me some spek for splainin it to her. :P

Al Gore
4/20/2006, 09:01 PM
I've bought about 10 pair there......it's the only place I buy them But you shave your legs and underarms......you can't wear them.......

TopDaugIn2000
4/20/2006, 09:21 PM
yeah, I know, I don't fit the bill for birkies. but I like 'em anyway.

SoonerWood
4/20/2006, 09:29 PM
They carry smartwool stuff there which is great shiite.

Oh and the girls working there are hawt.

SOONER44EVER
4/21/2006, 02:15 AM
My ex mother-inlaw had a tailor shop there before the Birkenstock store went in. That street gets way more traffic than you think. Ingrid always used to give me free food too! :D

sooneron
4/21/2006, 07:18 AM
Why don't you buy your Birkies online like the rest of the free world? It ain't like "fit" varies. If you know your size, which all veteran Birkies wearers do, just click away and free yosef from the ratrace.
Why do you hate Oklahoma?:(

TexasLidig8r
4/21/2006, 08:28 AM
Birkenstocks... the only shoe that looks filthy right out of the box and which universally make a woman's foot look.. ugly.

Why not just grab an old tire, slap some felt on one side of it, and walk around on it?

And guys that wear them... well, here's your tye dyed shirt, your beret, your cargo shorts and.. Berzerkely is about 1700 miles to the west.

:D

Jimminy Crimson
4/21/2006, 09:58 AM
And guys that wear them... well, here's your tye dyed shirt, your beret, your cargo shorts and. Austin is a couple hundred miles to the south.

:D

Fixed! :texan:

Viking Kitten
4/21/2006, 10:07 AM
My ex mother-inlaw had a tailor shop there before the Birkenstock store went in. That street gets way more traffic than you think. Ingrid always used to give me free food too! :D

I'm not saying 36th Street gets no traffic, it just seems a little residential to go and plop down a retail store. Prolly don't get a lot of walk-in traffic and whatnot. Obviously the place has a loyal following. Hell, I wish I could figure out some genuine niche market like that and open up a successful store in the house next door to me.

And I was tellin' Czar when we drove by there yesterday that we were gonna go try that Ingrid's place sometime. I likes me some schnitzel.

Mjcpr
4/21/2006, 10:08 AM
And I was tellin' Czar when we drove by there yesterday that we were gonna go try that Ingrid's place sometime. I likes me some schnitzel.

I thought it was weiner schnitzel?

SicEmBaylor
4/21/2006, 12:12 PM
Birkenstock is a bit too counter-cultural for me, though I do hear they are pretty comfortable.

Jimminy Crimson
4/21/2006, 01:26 PM
Birkenstock is a bit too counter-cultural for me, though I do hear they are pretty comfortable.

I think uncivilized is the word you were looking for! ;)

TopDaugIn2000
4/21/2006, 02:17 PM

you burn your steak and then put ketchup on it. you aren't welcomed into our group. thanks anyway. :D :P :D