4/20/2006, 03:27 PM
I've even got more respect for the job Joaquin Phoenix and Reese Witherspoon
did in Walk The Line.

jk the sooner fan
4/20/2006, 03:27 PM
preach it brutha

silverwheels
4/20/2006, 03:28 PM
Walk the Line was indeed the awesomeness.

colleyvillesooner
4/20/2006, 03:29 PM
[johhny mack] Not as good as Hoffman in Crapote [/johhny mack]

;)

slickdawg
4/20/2006, 03:29 PM
Joaquin was robbed, Walk The Line was robbed.

A most excellent movie and performance.

JohnnyMack
4/20/2006, 03:49 PM
[johhny mack] Not as good as Hoffman in Crapote [/johhny mack]

;)

Don't hate. D00d was greatness.

Veritas
4/20/2006, 04:01 PM
I've even got more respect for the job Joaquin Phoenix and Reese Witherspoon
did in Walk The Line.
That's was along the lines of what I was hoping to read...I've almost come to blows with some of Philistines here that bag on Cash/WTL.

Jimminy Crimson
4/20/2006, 04:03 PM
Not as good as Heath & Jake in Brokeback

;)

royalfan5
4/20/2006, 04:16 PM
WTL would have been a lot better if they wouldn't have f'ed with the music sequencing, and would have shown Johnny burning the California forest down.

Veritas
4/20/2006, 04:21 PM
WTL would have been a lot better if they wouldn't have f'ed with the music sequencing, and would have shown Johnny burning the California forest down.
I talked with a friend of mine quite a bit about that scene being left out, along with when he crawled into Nickajack cave to die, as well as the fact that they didn't really give his strong faith much due.

IMO there was just too much that happened in Cash's life to cram into 2 hour movie so they chose to go with his life up to '69 or so. A whole other movie could be done about his life from '69 on, but it might not play as well as the Carter/Cash love story did.

royalfan5
4/20/2006, 04:22 PM
I talked with a friend of mine quite a bit about that scene being left out, along with when he crawled into Nickajack cave to die, as well as the fact that they didn't really give his strong faith much due.

IMO there was just too much that happened in Cash's life to cram into 2 hour movie so they chose to go with his life up to '69 or so. A whole other movie could be done about his life from '69 on, but it might not play as well as the Carter/Cash love story did.
The forest fire was pre-1969, I believe in 63 or 64. It could have been comic relief. At the very least it could have been mentioned in passing.