PDA

View Full Version : BAD News....Ryan Reynolds....

The Consumate Showman
4/19/2006, 08:54 PM
Bad news from OU today. Ryan Reynolds has apparently torn his MCL and possibly an ACL. It is not known at this point which it is, but he hurt his knee doing 7-on-7 drills today with other members of the team, much like they do in the summer. Hopefully his knee will be okay. If not, he does still have a redshirt year to burn if he is indeed hurt.

stoops the eternal pimp
4/19/2006, 09:08 PM
You obviously dont want anyone out but linebacker is a position where we have definitely got depth

sooneron
4/19/2006, 09:09 PM
That's too bad. I feel for the kid. Good luck Ryan and get well fast.

Soonerus
4/19/2006, 09:12 PM
That is bad news...

jccouger
4/19/2006, 09:12 PM
This sucks....

Atleast if he is hurt bad though he can redshirt.

Collier11
4/19/2006, 09:13 PM
Well there are two positives out of this, one we dont yet know how bad reynolds is hurt so lets cross our fingers and hope for the best, and if he is hurt he does have that redshirt and james hale said that reynolds is a workout warrior and would likely be back quicker than most

OUGreg723
4/19/2006, 09:19 PM
If he is injured, Let's hope its that MCL. Not the ACL. It still makes my knee hurt thinking about blowing mine out last year.

The Consumate Showman
4/19/2006, 09:24 PM
Was it DeMarrio that he was battling with this spring for the position? I knew this spring was too good to be true, I just hope Ryan can get through this and not lose his edge.

Good Luck Ryan!

BOOMER SOONER!

picasso
4/19/2006, 09:25 PM
heard that on the radio. terrible news.

seriously though, they just finished spring ball. take a break already fellas.
sure hit the weights and run and stuff but geez loise.

The Consumate Showman
4/19/2006, 09:27 PM
heard that on the radio. terrible news.

seriously though, they just finished spring ball. take a break already fellas.
sure hit the weights and run and stuff but geez loise.

Well, it's like Collier said, Ryan is a workout warrior. He's one of those REALLY dedicated guys and that's why I have had a lot of high expectations for him. I think he can really shine at OU and contend for some national awards and post season honors as well...

OUGreg723
4/19/2006, 09:28 PM
Its not a good day for Oklahoma and the name 'Reynolds'...

The Consumate Showman
4/19/2006, 09:30 PM
Interesting.....

NickZeppelin
4/19/2006, 10:32 PM
I hope Ryan is able to be healthy for atleast the 07 season. We are fine at LB though.

picasso
4/19/2006, 10:39 PM
I hope Ryan is able to be healthy for atleast the 07 season. We are fine at LB though.
but what about our coach? I wish Stoops would pull a hammie or sumthin.

SoonerGators
4/19/2006, 10:50 PM
I've been watching Reynolds all spring and got pumped up about seeing him in the fall. I know we're deep at LB, but this kid is special. If a LB "had" to get hurt I sure wouldn't want it to be him. I hope he recovers strong and comes back without losing any of his awesome ability.

BOOMERBRADLEY
4/19/2006, 10:53 PM
Crap.....

Here's to a speedy recovery

Jimminy Crimson
4/19/2006, 10:54 PM
poo poo on his boo boo

get well soon, ryan

Vegas Sooner
4/19/2006, 10:57 PM
too bad. he is a vegas kid--wish him the best from LV.

snp
4/20/2006, 12:12 AM
I was hoping to see him kick some guy's *** on the field with his Judo skills. Too bad.

bigdsooner
4/20/2006, 12:15 AM
damn....that really sucks, get well ryan

CatfishSooner
4/20/2006, 12:43 AM
He be back soon...

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
4/20/2006, 11:04 AM
i must have missed the memo where we are now deep at linebacker...

proudsoonergal
4/20/2006, 11:28 AM
Anyone have a link? I'm stuck in po-dunk right now.

MojoRisen
4/20/2006, 11:41 AM
Hum- I think that Demarrio and Ryan were really pushing each other for that starting spot. Ryan is also awesome on special teams-

Hopefully it is not blown out- and they can scope em- if he has to rebuild that knee - it will be at least a year in rehab.

They should not rush or be too aggressive with his recovery- he is going to be really good and will recover.

BOOMERBRADLEY
4/20/2006, 11:47 AM

Well then you probably didn't put a new cover sheet on your TPS report then did you, slacker ?

Geez ;)

NormanPride
4/20/2006, 12:01 PM

You think this could be the catalyst for Venables to go back to the nickel that Mike loved so much? It makes sense, with Reggie, Wolfe, and Walker being good to great corners, and with a lack of great cover LBs... Right? I'd worry that our DTs aren't good enough to handle the run support without all three LBs, tho...

The Consumate Showman
4/20/2006, 12:23 PM
Well, DeMarrio looked pretty good defending the pass in the UCLA game last year and even in this year's red/white game.....I think we'll be fine at LB.

JKM, We've got Rufus, Zach, DeMarrio, Baker, Lofton, Robinson, and maybe Tabon or Patterson, too. The first two have proven themselves and the rest have nothing short of great potential.......

SoonerDood
4/20/2006, 12:32 PM
You think this could be the catalyst for Venables to go back to the nickel that Mike loved so much? It makes sense, with Reggie, Wolfe, and Walker being good to great corners, and with a lack of great cover LBs... Right? I'd worry that our DTs aren't good enough to handle the run support without all three LBs, tho...

Real Life Ryan Reynolds is nowhere near as good as Video Game Ryan Reynolds, so this is prolly a good idea.

MojoRisen
4/20/2006, 12:34 PM
This is a big opportunity for Patterson & Baker - I kind of want to see what Baker can do even though he is small- I think he can pack a punch and cover extremely well from the backer position-

SoonerDood
4/20/2006, 01:12 PM
if we did go to the nickel, who would be the nickelback?

yermom
4/20/2006, 01:17 PM
if we did go to the nickel, who would be the nickelback?

right now it's Reggie

if it's just his MCL he'd probably be playing in the Fall

starclassic tama
4/20/2006, 02:00 PM
anyone know when we will know more? maybe an mri?

NormanPride
4/20/2006, 02:01 PM
I heard this morning that he's out for the season. But that's the Animal, so who knows how reliable the info is.

Dan Thompson
4/20/2006, 03:11 PM
I was over at the stadium on Monday and met a LB that said his number was 30. I think this is the guy. Seemed real nice said he was a JC transfer.

yermom
4/20/2006, 03:18 PM
Ryan Reynolds is #8 i believe

slickdawg
4/20/2006, 03:22 PM
That just flat out sucks.

Get well Ryan!

An MCL isn't TOO bad, an ACL is.

soonerguild
4/20/2006, 04:27 PM
It sounds like it was a freak thing, getting hurt just during 7 on 7 news and all. The bad news is that from a medical standpoint, ACLs are usually torn when a person plants or turns on it and it tears, MCLs are usually torn from contact. Lets hope im wrong.

Good Luck Ryan!!!!
Boomer Sooner

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
4/20/2006, 04:59 PM
JKM, We've got Rufus, Zach, DeMarrio, Baker, Lofton, Robinson, and maybe Tabon or Patterson, too. The first two have proven themselves and the rest have nothing short of great potential.......

in other words, our linebacker depth isn't much different than our OL depth.

The Consumate Showman
4/20/2006, 07:12 PM
in other words, our linebacker depth isn't much different than our OL depth.

yeah, yeah, yeah......

let's not go chicken little yet....

The Consumate Showman
4/20/2006, 07:13 PM
I was over at the stadium on Monday and met a LB that said his number was 30. I think this is the guy. Seemed real nice said he was a JC transfer.

#30 would be Lamont Robinson....a recruit from last year, not a JUCO transfer though....

BOOMERBRADLEY
4/20/2006, 08:48 PM
Why would he say he's a juco ?

kinda crazy...

Scott D
4/20/2006, 09:40 PM
#30 would be Lamont Robinson....a recruit from last year, not a JUCO transfer though....

Dan Dixon is also #30, and he is a transfer.

The Consumate Showman
4/20/2006, 10:14 PM
Dan Dixon is also #30, and he is a transfer.

Ahhhh....well then, there you have it, but isn't Dixon a DE?

Scott D
4/20/2006, 10:39 PM
that'd be Laenar Nixon.

Collier11
4/21/2006, 12:03 AM
Speaking of LB's, has anyone heard anything new about Patterson and how he is doing with school and qualifying?

BOOMERBRADLEY
4/21/2006, 12:07 AM
Speaking of LB's, has anyone heard anything new about Patterson and how he is doing with school and qualifying?

That's the million dollar question ;)

I wish I knew the answer....really

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
4/21/2006, 12:24 AM
yeah, yeah, yeah......

let's not go chicken little yet....

just making a point that we are not deep at LB by any stretch of the imagination. of course, that really isn't anything new either.

CoSooner
4/21/2006, 01:14 AM
Dan Dixon is a DB, not a JUCO kid he transfer from Cornell....

......Good luck to Ryan

CoSooner
4/21/2006, 01:35 AM
I don't think this has been posted
He tore the ACL not the MCL

Story Link (http://newsok.com/article/1821808/?template=home/main)

Collier11
4/21/2006, 02:04 AM
Tear... :(

Sooner in Tampa
4/21/2006, 05:24 AM
That sucks...a tough break for a great kid.

Good Luck during rehab Ryan

The Consumate Showman
4/21/2006, 09:28 AM
just making a point that we are not deep at LB by any stretch of the imagination. of course, that really isn't anything new either.

I know, but if we can keep Rufus and Zach healthy, I think we'll ne okay...yes?

BASSooner
4/21/2006, 09:32 AM
We'll be fine. Pleasant will be in and he is great.

sooneron
4/21/2006, 09:39 AM
At times, that can be a big if.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
4/21/2006, 10:28 AM

i think we'll be okay regardless of the situation as venables has always tossed a top notch unit on the field. however, both rufus and latimer wore down over the season last year and depth would have definitely been a nice thing to have since we are playing so much of our late season on the road.

Texas Golfer
4/21/2006, 11:49 AM
This is bad news. I was looking forward to watching him play this fall. I had great expectations.

Hopefully, it will be okay by this fall but, if not, I'd rather he not play until he's physically ready rather than try to force something like we did AD last season.

Get well soon, Ryan.

The Consumate Showman
4/21/2006, 01:21 PM
i think we'll be okay regardless of the situation as venables has always tossed a top notch unit on the field. however, both rufus and latimer wore down over the season last year and depth would have definitely been a nice thing to have since we are playing so much of our late season on the road.

Good point JKM. I am most concerned about our last, is it 4, games on the road. Maybe by this time, Patterson and Lofton will assert themselves as SOLID rotators for Ruufus and Zach. I think DeMarrion has all but tied up the last starting spot now, unless Patterson comes in and totally dominates, which I've heard a lot of talk that he might be this kind of guy...

jccouger
4/21/2006, 08:20 PM
We thought we were solid at DE last year until the injuries started rolling in. Sure, we were still pretty good at DE, but we couldve been so much better.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
4/21/2006, 10:36 PM
Good point JKM. I am most concerned about our last, is it 4, games on the road. Maybe by this time, Patterson and Lofton will assert themselves as SOLID rotators for Ruufus and Zach. I think DeMarrion has all but tied up the last starting spot now, unless Patterson comes in and totally dominates, which I've heard a lot of talk that he might be this kind of guy...

so are we now saying patterson is going to make it this fall? because i figured picasso had a better shot at winning the lottery than that had of happening...

The Consumate Showman
4/21/2006, 10:38 PM
so are we now saying patterson is going to make it this fall? because i figured picasso had a better shot at winning the lottery than that had of happening...

I'm hoping and praying...we need the depth....

soonerguild
4/21/2006, 11:00 PM
The injury bug is always a factor, anyone can get hurt at any time. Thats football. Ive always said that no matter how good you are you have to have some good luck also to win the national championship. We have the talent, lets just hope the injury bug doesnt beat us!!!

Good luck ryan.