PDA

View Full Version : Question about OU/TX "Student" Tickets

Breakfast at O'Connell's
10/7/2003, 08:10 PM
Are there or are there not "student only" tickets that require a student ID for admission to the game? A few years ago I unwittingly purchased a student ticket and had to use my old OU student ID to get into the stadium. I don't think that would work now (and I really don't want to try).

I am looking for "aftermarket" tickets again this year and am getting conflicting information about the existence of the "student ticket" for this year's game. Can someone fill me in on whether there are "student only" tickets and tell me what they look like so I can avoid them?

Thanks in advance for your help!

TexasLidig8r
10/7/2003, 08:15 PM
There are "student tix" only tickets and sections.. However, that would require the lazy, Cotton Bowl employees to check each and every one.

If you go in right before the game with a big crowd and at a gate not right there next to the student sections (like I did last year)... you will be fine.

SeattleOUstudent
10/7/2003, 08:23 PM
They dont check IDs on the OU side...never have, never will. This is my 5th "student" OU/TX game.

mrowl
10/7/2003, 08:24 PM
only TX students have to deal with that, not OU students.

And don't worry about it...

Breakfast at O'Connell's
10/7/2003, 08:24 PM
Thanks--any idea which sections are the student only ones?

SeattleOUstudent
10/7/2003, 08:26 PM
They start with 24 and bowl around to about the goal line...then the upper deck.

I was lucky to get a ticket on the 50 (sect 24)

KaiserSooner
10/7/2003, 08:28 PM
Like mrowl said, there aren't any student-only tickets or sections on the OU side. Apparently, these exist for the UT side, but not OU. I've been to 6 or 7 OU/UT games, and students sit all over the place on the OU side.

Breakfast at O'Connell's
10/7/2003, 08:48 PM
Great--Thanks for the info!

sooner KB
9/14/2006, 03:04 PM
I got a student ticket last year (I am a student). The ticket looks just like regular tickets, I don't think it said the word "student" anywhere on it, though I could be wrong about that.

Nobody asked me for my ID. And to the person that said there are no student sections, that there they are all scattered, I don't believe this is correct. I sat in a section down low on the goaline that didn't have seats, just benches, and it was definitely an OU student section. I can't remember how far down it went towards the 50, but it was only about 7 rows high. I remember seeing a section exactly the same with OU students on the other side of the endzone. I'm not sure about student sections on the upper deck, I don't think I ever looked up there.

KyleUT
9/14/2006, 03:58 PM
Just FYI, if you're brave enough to buy UT tix..."student tickets" don't exist anymore for Texas either...they used to pull one of the stubs off to designate students, but not anymore. Never needed an ID when I was in school anyway.

I also found that a well placed handshake with a $50 hidden inside got me in one year...that was nerve racking but fun!