PDA

View Full Version : My homepage is annoying me to no end

MamaMia
4/19/2006, 07:19 PM
My yahoo just took it upon themselves to pick me to try out their new home page design. I dont like it because to use the 'search' you have to scroll it all the way over. I have emailed them to ask if they will allow me have my old yahoo type of page back, but they wont answer me.

Are any of you being used to test their new home page? Do ya'll have a suggestion as to what I should do? I dont really know of any other good home pages and yahoo is also my email so its nice to be able to just click on mail on the home page to get to my email. Maybe I need a whole change?

sanantoniosooner
4/19/2006, 07:21 PM
link?

SicEmBaylor
4/19/2006, 07:38 PM
My yahoo just took it upon themselves to pick me to try out their new home page design. I dont like it because to use the 'search' you have to scroll it all the way over. I have emailed them to ask if they will allow me have my old yahoo type of page back, but they wont answer me.

Are any of you being used to test their new home page? Do ya'll have a suggestion as to what I should do? I dont really know of any other good home pages and yahoo is also my email so its nice to be able to just click on mail on the home page to get to my email. Maybe I need a whole change?

Do you use Yahoo/SBC DSL?

MamaMia
4/19/2006, 07:48 PM
I have SBC/DSL.
Here is a link to the information about the new home page:

http://events.yahoo.com/326123171.html?source=342

GottaHavePride
4/19/2006, 07:59 PM
Simple - set SoonerFans.com as your homepage and use Google for searches. Heck, it's even built in to Firefox.

MamaMia
4/19/2006, 08:10 PM
Simple - set SoonerFans.com as your homepage and use Google for searches. Heck, it's even built in to Firefox. I have soonerfans on my favorites. Thats handy enough, and anyway, I dont know what "firefox" is. :)

BajaOklahoma
4/19/2006, 08:12 PM
Calling Flag, calling Flag! Fix Mom's computer again!!!!!
TIA.

GottaHavePride
4/19/2006, 08:13 PM
I have soonerfans on my favorites. Thats handy enough, and anyway, I dont know what "firefox" is. :)

It's like Internet Explorer, but not designed by Satan.

MamaMia
4/19/2006, 08:18 PM
Well, I cant do firefox then, because all my things are through Windows Internet Explorer. I just want my old yahoo back. I guess I'm just set in my ways. :O

SicEmBaylor
4/19/2006, 08:22 PM

It's not at all like firefox as firefox works. :D

GottaHavePride
4/19/2006, 08:39 PM
Well, I cant do firefox then, because all my things are through Windows Internet Explorer. I just want my old yahoo back. I guess I'm just set in my ways. :O

You know, Firefox will automatically import all your bookmarks from IE... ;)

Czar Soonerov
4/19/2006, 09:51 PM
I think your browser may be screwed up. Try clearing your cookies (I'm serious).

jacru
4/19/2006, 09:55 PM
yeah, toss your cookies.. um, I mean... you know. ;) ;)

MamaMia
4/19/2006, 11:00 PM
I think your browser may be screwed up. Try clearing your cookies (I'm serious).I already tried that and I went to tools, then homepage and made sure that my yahoo page is set at the same yahoo address and saw that there was no extra yahoo address for me to click on. I even did the 'go back in time' technique using the system restore. No luck thus far. I'm a victim of their experiment. I could understand if yahoo would have given me a choice as to whether or not I wanted to try out their new page, but to force me to do so without giving me an out in the way of an icon to click on, to cancel it, if I so desire is very rude.

Its as if they have obtained my IP address from somewhere and have locked me into this experiment. :mad:

pb4ou
4/19/2006, 11:22 PM
click tools, internet explorer, delete cookies, delete files, then clear history.

it works for me when yahoo did that to me

MamaMia
4/19/2006, 11:24 PM
click tools, internet explorer, delete cookies, delete files, then clear history.

it works for me when yahoo did that to meI think you mean internet options?

Okay, that worked! Thanks. :)

pb4ou
4/19/2006, 11:47 PM
yes, i did. I'm holding my son in one arm and typing with my other hand. Plus it's late and my brain is done for the day.

Zbird
4/20/2006, 09:28 PM

Heh! ........ and without the virus/worm invitation.

sanantoniosooner
4/20/2006, 09:41 PM
Firefox freaked out on me last night and all my bookmarks disappeared.

Anybody got any idea how to retrieve them, or are they gone forever?

soonerboomer93
4/20/2006, 10:08 PM
Firefox freaked out on me last night and all my bookmarks disappeared.

Anybody got any idea how to retrieve them, or are they gone forever?

sorry, I was looking for financial info, deleting the bookmarks was just for s&g

sanantoniosooner
4/20/2006, 10:10 PM
sorry, I was looking for financial info, deleting the bookmarks was just for s&g
financial info.............

that would be cool.

I'd like to have finances.