PDA

View Full Version : The Unit ...

sooneron
4/19/2006, 09:11 AM
I've been watching this quite a bit. Prettty good drama. As one would expect from Mamet.
Question to any of the more recent combatants - How well done are the scenes where there is warfare? I think it's pretty good that it's not the typical high Hollywood guns 'splosions stuff. Any thoughts?

usmc-sooner
4/19/2006, 09:24 AM
I watched it for the first time last night.

I used to hate watching military shows because I'd usually watch them in military towns and the military people would pick them apart.

I thought it was pretty good. I saw a few things that I thought were not right but they are supposed to be a one of a kind elite special forces so I can't really say. Seems like they have tried to keep it fairly real with the way the move from one point to another. What I thought was overdone was the personal stuff like the soldier calling his wife while he was about to die or the Sgt Major addicted to the pills and his old friends wife saving the day.

Still I liked it.

Sooner in Tampa
4/19/2006, 09:35 AM
I agree that it is pretty good...but I just think they have kind of overblown the whole Delta mentality. Delta and Seals really do walk around with the attitude that their **** don't stink, but in this show they go a little far.

But for the most part it is really a good hour on tv.

sooneron
4/19/2006, 09:37 AM
I am getting tired of the Allstate dude's wife solving everyone's problems back home. Wow, she got that guy off pain pills with one conversation? I guess we'll see how that pans out.

achiro
4/19/2006, 10:03 AM
I had just told my wife before the show started that I was a little tired of the whole affair with the c/o angle. That they should shoot more terrorists. I wasn't disappointed last night!:D
It's still one of my "don't miss" shows.

JohnnyMack
4/19/2006, 10:06 AM
I thought this thread was gonna be about that ugly pigeon murdering son of a bitch.

Osce0la
4/19/2006, 10:12 AM
I thought this thread was gonna be about that ugly pigeon murdering son of a bitch.
I thought it was going to be about someone's "tool"