PDA

View Full Version : I-355555555555....Norman

SeattleOUstudent
4/19/2006, 08:05 AM
guy is no longer with Big Red Sports (thank goodness)! I was reading the article about AD and the alleged new car scheme, and came across this jewell:

http://newsok.com/article/1819933/?template=sports/ou

Brad McRae, who until recently was a part-owner of Big Red, said Peterson signed a sales contract several months ago to buy the Lexus. Peterson's mother, Bonita Jackson, said she had heard many rumors in recent weeks and months about the deal.

"I've heard a lot of different stories," Jackson said. "None of them are true."

Jackson said her son returned the car because the family determined it would not be able to afford the monthly payments. McRae said the dealership regularly allowed customers who signed contracts to drive the cars for a period of time before financing had been secured.

"We didn't do anything wrong," McRae said. "Is it standard operating business practice? Yes, it's standard operating business practice."

McRae was recently "fired or quit, however you want to put it," he said, because of a dispute with Big Red's majority owner. The dealership was then sold to the Hudiburg Auto Group of Oklahoma City. McRae said his departure and the subsequent sale was not related to OU or Peterson.

Partial Qualifier
4/19/2006, 08:20 AM
The most interesting thing I got from that article is that there's an NCAA rules compliance hotline for the public? I did not know that.

I wonder how many Pokes have it on speed dial

:eddie:

Mjcpr
4/19/2006, 08:22 AM
The most interesting thing I got from that article is that there's an NCAA rules compliance hotline for the public? I did not know that.

I wonder how many Pokes have it on speed dial

:eddie:

One really fat one I'd bet.

OUDoc
4/19/2006, 08:28 AM

So, in theory, I could donate money to a rival school, then buy stuff for their players and turn myself in? Hmmmm.....

SoonerWood
4/19/2006, 08:33 AM
So, in theory, I could donate money to a rival school, then buy stuff for their players and turn myself in? Hmmmm.....

you're on to something there

Taxman71
4/19/2006, 09:02 AM
Sad part is that they sold the dealership to the Hudiburg group. I would buy a car from Saddam before those guys.

SeattleOUstudent
4/19/2006, 04:02 PM
Sad part is that they sold the dealership to the Hudiburg group. I would buy a car from Saddam before those guys.

Whats wrong with the Hudiberg Group?

Taxman71
4/19/2006, 04:31 PM
Go there and try to buy a car and you will see. Asshats galore.

OhU1
4/19/2006, 04:43 PM
No more mullet boy? Shame.

MamaMia
4/19/2006, 05:02 PM
I was struggling student in my twenties working at the Mont. I bought a used car from Big Red. They changed the oil the day before I took it home. I ended up 3 days later with a cracked block, a loan for $2400.00 to pay off and no car. They forgot to put the oil pan back and the oil light didnt work so the oil all leaked out.