PDA

View Full Version : Good Morning...11 years later.

Okla-homey
4/19/2006, 05:30 AM
April 19, 1995...Never Forget

http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5254/zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz31.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

BeetDigger
4/19/2006, 08:51 AM
On TV I saw replays of the pictures of them carrying children out of the building. Burn in hell McVeigh.

sooner n houston
4/19/2006, 08:52 AM
ttt

4/19/2006, 09:15 AM
I don't think any of us Okies will ever forget that terrible day. I think of it as the calendar turns to April every year.

Soonrboy
4/19/2006, 09:32 AM
I remembered my 8 month old boy was sick, so I stayed home with him. Just sat in the recliner holding on to him, watching everything unfold. Never forget it.

picasso
4/19/2006, 09:32 AM
I still recall the initial report on the tellie. I was on my way to work and they said a large unknown explosion in OKC.:(

slickdawg
4/19/2006, 09:56 AM
On TV I saw replays of the pictures of them carrying children out of the building. Burn in hell McVeigh.

He is. Every day, for eternity.

At least he accepted his fate and did not fight it, and was executed
without 30 years of appeals.

TUSooner
4/19/2006, 10:05 AM
I felt like very much like an Okie that morning. Even the more arrogant knotholes at the Law Firm were asking me stuff about OKC. I gave them all good answers, even if I had to make a few of them up. ;)

Dio
4/19/2006, 10:06 AM
Burn in hell McVeigh.

And take Kevin Underwood with you.

soonerbrat
4/19/2006, 10:13 AM
He is. Every day, for eternity.

At least he accepted his fate and did not fight it, and was executed
without 30 years of appeals.

yeah, but he probably got some sort of satisfaction out of making himself a martyr. Oh well.

I was at home that morning. I had a biochem test and I was getting ready to leave for school. I lived pretty close to downtown at the time and it shook my house so hard that my then 2yo daughter fell down. My husband called right after but he hadn't heard it..I told him what had just happened and he said "Maybe it was a sonic boom or something" no..that was no sonic boom. I turned on the tele and the news 9 helicopter was just circling the building and the reporter said "Holy Sh*t"

I told my hubby what it was and he went to the OU ER to help out but by the time he got there, they were all waiting and didn't get any patients. (He was in med school at the time).

My stepdad is a cop for OKC and he is on the bomb squad, so he had to go down there and do a bomb sweep when they thought there was another bomb. He helped with the "recovery" afterwards and he still has nightmares.

slickdawg
4/19/2006, 10:18 AM
yeah, but he probably got some sort of satisfaction out of making himself a martyr. Oh well.

I was at home that morning. I had a biochem test and I was getting ready to leave for school. I lived pretty close to downtown at the time and it shook my house so hard that my then 2yo daughter fell down. My husband called right after but he hadn't heard it..I told him what had just happened and he said "Maybe it was a sonic boom or something" no..that was no sonic boom. I turned on the tele and the news 9 helicopter was just circling the building and the reporter said "Holy Sh*t"

I told my hubby what it was and he went to the OU ER to help out but by the time he got there, they were all waiting and didn't get any patients. (He was in med school at the time).

My stepdad is a cop for OKC and he is on the bomb squad, so he had to go down there and do a bomb sweep when they thought there was another bomb. He helped with the "recovery" afterwards and he still has nightmares.

That's not just something you "get over".

I really believe in this Post Traumatic Stress Disorder thing, epsecially
since Katrina. I've seen people really have serious issues since Katrina,
but before, they were fine.

soonerbrat
4/19/2006, 10:19 AM
We have pieces of the building at home. It's quite sad.

TUSooner
4/19/2006, 10:25 AM
That's not just something you "get over".

I really believe in this Post Traumatic Stress Disorder thing, epsecially
since Katrina. I've seen people really have serious issues since Katrina,
but before, they were fine.
I believe it too. There are a WHOLE bunch of PTS'ed people around here, as I imagine there have been in OKC.
At least OKC has the Memorial and has been able to turn the page. This post-Katrina crap won't go away for years, until the devastated areas are rebuilt or bulldozed for good.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/19/2006, 10:27 AM
My mom was working in the Conncourse of Liberty Bank when it happened. I lived on 122nd and Penn and thought it was thunder. I was a student at UCO and was mad it was raining and I couldn't wear shorts to school that day because it would be rainy and cold. Then I looked outside and it was nice like today. So I was driving to school & Jack and Ron started talking about it. I called my mom from my flip phone and was trying to be calm because all I knew was there was an explosion, maybe a gas line or something. I didn't know the magnitude. I reassured myself thinking "she's underground, so she's ok" not really comprehending that had the truck been parked on the other side of the building then her building would have taken a hit. She did have some small debris fall onto her desk just from the aftershock of the blast hitting the building.

slickdawg
4/19/2006, 11:29 AM
I believe it too. There are a WHOLE bunch of PTS'ed people around here, as I imagine there have been in OKC.
At least OKC has the Memorial and has been able to turn the page. This post-Katrina crap won't go away for years, until the devastated areas are rebuilt or bulldozed for good.

Yep, it's gonna be decades for recovery down here, if ever.