PDA

View Full Version : BIG 12 South 2006!

goingoneight
4/18/2006, 10:58 PM
Obviously we can scratch out the "bad news team"-- and we can scratch Baylor out too, most likely :)! No offense Baylor fans, I have no issues with you. :eddie:

I love OUr chances to own it again. Haven't really thought about the challenges inside the South 6 until today.

Fran-tastic Aggies will likely start out good, but flop against T TECH or someone in the North, they're just too sloppy on the D, and McGee will only play good with a million towel-wavers surrounding him.

***** is a hit or a miss. I mean, we won a National Title in 2000, after blowing them out badly in the RRS, lost OUr star QB, and still won the defensive battle in 2001 with "the play." Could their D still have what it takes? It's a very real issue that must be considered aside all love for OUr Sooners. If it's going to be a defensive shootout, I worry about going head-on against a Chizik D. He's like the Mike Leach of the D. There usually is no "rebuilding year" for him.

Speaking of Mike Leach, I expect Bob to have the team thoroughly ready to bash T TECH's heads in, in Norman... but aside from their QB and RB (who weren't really superstars), T TECH will return most all of the team we played in Lubbock. QB has never been an issue for Leach, he finds the best and makes them the best. White and Heupel are product of Leach QB coaching. I don't see T TECH going for BCS, but I didn't see OU losing to aggy in 2001 or 2002 either, so I wonder... Could Leach take the South title this season? Normally that wouldn't bother me much... but the more I watch the 2005 replays, and the more I see of the annoying Raider fan video at Lubbock, I seemingly would rather hang half-a-hundred on them than anyone else. They're no defensive powerhouse, but they do return a great majority of their guys. And we all know it isn't the T TECH defense that burns opponents (it's the T TECH refs, :mad: ), it's the AF2-style, NFL-speed offense.

The pieces seem to be in place for OUr team. We just need a few weaklings to make OUr mistakes against this season before taking on Oregon and the BIG 12. Unlike 2005, when we all thought TCU, TU, and UCLA were going to be OUr practice games-- they were some of OUr toughest opponents. I hope the extent of OUr stupid mistakes this season are seen in the first quarter only against UAB.

Thoughts, comments? Anyone know anymore about the South this season? I've been slacking this year, I usually know these things close to a year before August arrives.

BASSooner
4/18/2006, 11:03 PM
texas has never had a rebuilding year on defense. we've just had it better than they have...just not the 05 season. I don't care how good tech is, they are going to get stem-rolled by us. All they will ever do is pass. OUr DBs are in gear now and ready to intercept anything that comes in their way. I think OUr biggest test will be against oregon. If we can beat those guys, we can win the big 12.

C&CDean
4/18/2006, 11:07 PM
**** people. Talk about the size of your miniscule penis please. Nobody wants to hear anything about you know who. Dang.

OUGreg723
4/18/2006, 11:12 PM
The Texas Tech game may be one of the Wildest and Hateful games ever played in Memorial Stadium--Similar to 2003 OSU (Let er Rip).

Its going to be a great one. AD may run for 300 yards. I'm calling it now...

goingoneight
4/18/2006, 11:12 PM
**** people. Talk about the size of your penis please. Nobody wants to hear anything about you know who. Dang.

I'm not one to brag, but not EVERYTHING is bigger in T****. :)

C&CDean
4/18/2006, 11:13 PM
-sigh-

Not a ****ing ounce of home training in this house.