PDA

View Full Version : The Embarassment that is our little punching bag to the North.....

The Consumate Showman
4/18/2006, 10:55 PM
Just watched Deano on channel 9. Gumby was on giving an interview for the Cowgirl Caravan and he gave some statistics and "what-to-watch-for's" for their game Saturday:

1.) He reports there are 210-220 former oSwho legends coming back Sat. My question, don't they only have 2 "legends"?.........

2.) He says that they are expecting 10,000 fans.....Now I don't know how many of you went to the Red/White Game, but I think we had, what, maybe 50-70 former players there??? I didn't make it in in time for the introduction of all the former players on the field. And, more importatnly, we brought over 25,000 to our little shin-dig game. I love it when they try to over do us on something and they just wind up looking stupid in the end...

3.) He tells us that they are going to play a full fledged game out there. Well, I sure hope they do. In fact, my prayers will have been answered. They only thing that could make it better is if they take the green jersey off of Reid. Now, I'm not the kind of person that wishes bodily harm on a player, but a nagging ankle injury or knee sprain would have a nice ring to it.

'At uh boy Gumby...git 'dem degenerates out dare 'n git 'em toor up. Yeeeeee Haa!

Hey Mods, we need a crazy pic of teh Gumbster for our smilies since Lester's gone....

badger
4/18/2006, 11:01 PM
It probably won't happen (because he won't win in the next three years and then he'll be gone) but I hope this holds you over until they can get another Les in that can win just enough to keep his jorb:
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30243&highlight=gundy

The Consumate Showman
4/18/2006, 11:05 PM
It probably won't happen (because he won't win in the next three years and then he'll be gone) but I hope this holds you over until they can get another Les in that can win just enough to keep his jorb:
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30243&highlight=gundy

AWESOME!!

:twinkies:

BASSooner
4/18/2006, 11:07 PM
Gumby is trippin on acid

goingoneight
4/18/2006, 11:17 PM
OMG is that a fark or an actual mullet? HAHAHAHAHA!!!

OUTrumpet
4/19/2006, 11:29 AM
3.) He tells us that they are going to play a full fledged game out there. Well, I sure hope they do. In fact, my prayers will have been answered. They only thing that could make it better is if they take the green jersey off of Reid. Now, I'm not the kind of person that wishes bodily harm on a player, but a nagging ankle injury or knee sprain would have a nice ring to it.

OSU football Jesus out for season again?

How they s'pposed beat uo gooners?

caphorns
4/19/2006, 11:33 AM
How can you conceivably be embarassed by a group that nobody ever notices? Seriously, I wish the curse of our aggies on you guys someday.

TheUnnamedSooner
4/19/2006, 11:43 AM
I thought this thread was going to be about the bug eaters

The Consumate Showman
4/19/2006, 12:13 PM
I thought this thread was going to be about the bug eaters

Well, I respect their tradition a lot more than Boone's team....

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/19/2006, 01:47 PM
How can you conceivably be embarassed by a group that nobody ever notices? Seriously, I wish the curse of our aggies on you guys someday.Who notices your aggies? The Sooners' aggies at least have had very good basketball teams and unstoppable wrestling teams in recent years.(not that I wish they did)Hook 'em :eddie:

SicEmBaylor
4/19/2006, 02:24 PM
I wish the curse of our aggies on you guys someday.

Please please don't.

Jimminy Crimson
4/19/2006, 02:34 PM
Who notices your aggies? The Sooners' aggies at least have had very good basketball teams and unstoppable wrestling teams in recent years.(not that I wish they did)Hook 'em :eddie:

If Orange North has 'very good basketball teams' than that makes us great! :kelvin:

4/19/2006, 03:11 PM
If Orange North has 'very good basketball teams' than that makes us great! :kelvin:Then GREAT we are, and with a brand new coach!

caphorns
4/19/2006, 03:40 PM
Who notices your aggies? The Sooners' aggies at least have had very good basketball teams and unstoppable wrestling teams in recent years.(not that I wish they did)Hook 'em :eddie:

If you say the word aggy around the country, I think most people would assume you're talking the maroon morons from East Texas. They even got attention during the Super Bowl for their crazy-*** embarassing "12th man" sh!t. While your aggies might be embarassing, they haven't made it to the national and world wide stage with their idiotic behavior. Mentioning their bball success only supports a more positive view of them from a national perspective. In fact, the only real thing wrong with your aggies is that they are meaningless and don't know it. How can you be embarassed about that?

SkipTracer
4/19/2006, 04:38 PM
Damn Cap, it's hard to argue with that kind of reasoning. Now that you mention it, they are inconsequential. Carry on

OUstud
4/19/2006, 04:43 PM
If you say the word aggy around the country, I think most people would assume you're talking the maroon morons from East Texas. They even got attention during the Super Bowl for their crazy-*** embarassing "12th man" sh!t. While your aggies might be embarassing, they haven't made it to the national and world wide stage with their idiotic behavior. Mentioning their bball success only supports a more positive view of them from a national perspective. In fact, the only real thing wrong with your aggies is that they are meaningless and don't know it. How can you be embarassed about that?

They make our state look bad...:stunned:

4/19/2006, 05:23 PM
I'm embarrassed FOR them, that they live in the same state as THE SOONERS, and have chosen not to join us. How smart is that? Poor bastiges!

caphorns
4/19/2006, 05:50 PM
I'm embarrassed FOR them, that they live in the same state as THE SOONERS, and have chosen not to join us. How smart is that? Poor bastiges!

Now that I can somewhat agree with. The difference being -- from the looks of them -- I don't think I'd want our aggies to drop their flags and start sporting the burnt orange. My feeling is that the root cause of the weirdness and delusion is not as a result of the maroon or aggyness - quite the opposite - they are weird and delusional people that if they weren't aggy would have to be something else that was strange and maybe even somewhat frightening. But not Longhorns.

lufkinaggie07
4/19/2006, 05:57 PM
Caphorn, you have issues, if a group of people make you that mad, well, that's your problem. I don't like tu fan's, but I won't talk bad about them, and they don't upset me. They're people, who chose to go to a different university, I can't hate people for that, no matter how much of a "rival" they are. You take college athletics a little too seriously my friend, way more to life than that.

SicEmBaylor
4/19/2006, 06:02 PM
Caphorn, you have issues, if a group of people make you that mad, well, that's your problem. I don't like tu fan's, but I won't talk bad about them, and they don't upset me. They're people, who chose to go to a different university, I can't hate people for that, no matter how much of a "rival" they are. You take college athletics a little too seriously my friend, way more to life than that.

You're correct in that there's way more than athletics to hate aTm for.

NormanPride
4/19/2006, 06:24 PM
Oh man, aggies always make me chuckle. Even when we don't win, I just have to remember that they're still aggies, and I cheer right up. :D

4/19/2006, 06:47 PM
OK, I'm interested in bugeater bashing, too. They are former rivals, reduced to name-calling f'ing hillbilly wannabes.

badger
4/19/2006, 07:01 PM
(sigh) If you must turn this thread into bug eater thread, then you must...

I shall give you bait...
http://www.sportalicious.com/images/callahan.gif

4/19/2006, 07:07 PM
Mebbe will get a shot at 'em in Big 12 title game.

CatfishSooner
4/19/2006, 07:13 PM
It's clear as mud that wasn't even a throat slash.......

Pardner
4/19/2006, 09:24 PM
they are weird and delusional people that if they weren't aggy would have to be something else that was strange and maybe even somewhat frightening. But not Longhorns.

So having a cow for a mascot isn't weird?

The Consumate Showman
4/19/2006, 09:25 PM
How could the Big XII not see that this was OBVIOUSLY a throat slash? Pederson must have paid 'em good.....

picasso
4/19/2006, 09:33 PM
I'll give Gundy one thing. He's been pretty good in the PR department. His interviews aren't that bad and I've really been surprised by how humble he acts. I really thought he'd be twice as cocky acting as the Lester.

The Consumate Showman
4/19/2006, 09:38 PM
I really thought he'd be twice as cocky acting as the Lester.

I don't know if that's possible. As much as I hate oSwho and Less Feets, I have to say that Gumby is more fun to make fun of than anyhting...

What I mean is that I wanted to bash in Lester's head everytime he was on TV. I just love to laugh and make fun of Gumby and how blindly idealistic he is about his alma mater. But, that's what your coach is supposed to say and act like, so go with it Gumby. Talk it up. We know what's gonna happen when football season rolls around...

Soonerwake
4/19/2006, 11:35 PM
Although I still think of aggies as the retarded kid down the street, I actually like Gundy. He is really a pretty nice guy (actually much nicer than his brother) from my experience. He just has a mental condition, similar to retardation, that makes him an aggie. He can't help it.

Maybe we can start a research center to find a cure for aggieness. Surely we could get some kind of federal funding...

Of course, this goes back to the age-old question, do they choose to be aggies or were they born that way? :eddie:

badger
4/19/2006, 11:52 PM
i think aggie players are humble now. i mean, what do they have to brag about? geez, they are worse than baylor, and there is only one big 12 team that has been able to say that in 10 years of existence...

no offense, sic em.

Readyfor8
4/20/2006, 07:04 AM

OMG!!! Did I just read our aggies are better than yours smack?

SicEmBaylor
4/20/2006, 01:22 PM
You know it's somewhat odd that there are fans from so many other schools on this board, but there don't seem to be any regular Poke posters.

caphorns
4/20/2006, 01:36 PM

I would thank you for proving my point, except that I'm feeling a bit sheepish at this point. Don't take that the wrong way :)

FroggyStyle22
4/20/2006, 01:37 PM
You know it's somewhat odd that there are fans from so many other schools on this board, but there don't seem to be any regular Poke posters.

There aren't that many that know how to read.

caphorns
4/20/2006, 01:43 PM
OMG!!! Did I just read our aggies are better than yours smack?

I think we win that so hands down that you guys wouldn't even try to compete on that level. There is nothing more aggy IN THE WORLD than the Texas A&M university fightin' aggies. I guess everything's just bigger in Texas :texan:

4/20/2006, 02:05 PM
I think we win that so hands down that you guys wouldn't even try to compete on that level. There is nothing more aggy IN THE WORLD than the Texas A&M university fightin' aggies. I guess everything's just bigger in Texas :texan:They do have the built-in "advantage" of BEING NAMED AGGIES. In fact, they are the largest school I can think of that is named AGGIES. The Sooners' aggies are the most aggy of the aggy schools not named aggy, IMHO.:eddie: Hook 'em

caphorns
4/20/2006, 04:18 PM
They do have the built-in "advantage" of BEING NAMED AGGIES. In fact, they are the largest school I can think of that is named AGGIES. The Sooners' aggies are the most aggy of the aggy schools not named aggy, IMHO.:eddie: Hook 'em

they are arguably the most aggy of the aggy shools including the ones named aggy other than Texas ATM. I'd let NMSU off the hook here basically.

badger
4/20/2006, 05:45 PM
they are arguably the most aggy of the aggy shools including the ones named aggy other than Texas ATM. I'd let NMSU off the hook here basically.

okay, okay, TEXAS WINS. Their aggies suck more. Okay. Can't we just agree that Texas sucks more?

4/20/2006, 07:03 PM
okay, okay, TEXAS WINS. Their aggies suck more. Okay. Can't we just agree that Texas sucks more?I'm all....YES!