PDA

View Full Version : sneaker repairs advice/referral needed

yermom
4/18/2006, 09:45 PM
http://www.fotosearch.com/comp/IGS/IGS135/201_015.jpg

Ladies, gentlemen, whorns, and Stanley:

I need the name/contact info for a reputable shoe repair person in Norman. I have a set of Nike sneakers which I bought about 7 years ago, and the toe's gone out on one of them.

Normally, I'd be all macho and try to fix it myself, but these are expensive sneakers, I lub dem, and I do not want to part with them unless absolutely necessary. So I want someone who'll do a professional job and who won't sell me some Reeboks if I don't need them, etc. Any help, TIA.

oumartin
4/18/2006, 09:55 PM
can't u just buy new ones?

Stanley1
4/18/2006, 09:55 PM
Cool, I got my own greeting. :D

proud gonzo
4/18/2006, 10:08 PM
www.zappos.com

YWIA, beyonce

slickdawg
4/18/2006, 10:12 PM
JB weld does wonders.

oumartin
4/18/2006, 10:24 PM
I purchase my winners choice from Wal Mart.
Got ticked when Anthonys went under and quit carrying my fast backs

OKC Sooner
4/18/2006, 10:25 PM
Shoe Goo

http://www.eclecticproducts.com/shoegoo/home.asp

Jimminy Crimson
4/18/2006, 10:27 PM
Shoe Goo

http://www.eclecticproducts.com/shoegoo/home.asp

Don't confuse with other types of 'goo'.

YWIA!

Also, 'goo' probably wouldn't be a good GIS term.

Again, YWIA! :D

GottaHavePride
4/18/2006, 11:40 PM
Seriously, Norman Shoe & Boot Repair on Main street (near Brockhouse Jewelry) is pretty good. they're also the only freakin' shoe repair place I can think of in Norman. I don't know what they can do for sneakers, though. Probably much easier just to buy some new shoes.

proud gonzo
4/18/2006, 11:45 PM
i'm rather curious now--do you actually have shoe problems and you're asking for real advise in the form of a parody thread...which I didn't realized until a little bit ago... or is it just a parody thread and now i feel silly for giving real advise.

:confused:

pb4ou
4/18/2006, 11:59 PM
heh, Shoe Goo

C&CDean
4/19/2006, 12:02 AM
Two words.

"Duct Tape"

yermom
4/19/2006, 05:54 AM
heh, Shoe Goo

that's where i was going at first

and no i don't really need shoes repaired :D

BeetDigger
4/19/2006, 08:39 AM
Two words.

"Duct Tape"

It's actually just one word. After all, to a real man, is there really any other kind of tape?

Howzit
4/19/2006, 08:56 AM
Yeah, speaking of sneaker repair...

I go through a pair of running shoes about once every 4 months. Generally I have found cheaper models of the Brooks Beast online by buying past years models.

A week ago I was doing just that, and found a shoe in my size with what they called "light red trim" ( heh, light red trim )on the sole and around the bottom of the shoe. I buy them. I wait in eager anticipation, hardly able to contain my excitement. They arrive. I open the box, and find that their "light red" trim ( heh, light red trim ) is FREAKING ORANGE!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

So I am fuming around the house and Mrs. Howzit saves the day when she says, "Look at it this way, every step you take gets to tread on that orange you hate so much."

slickdawg
4/19/2006, 08:58 AM

I go through a pair of running shoes about once every 4 months. Generally I have found cheaper models of the Brooks Beast online by buying past years models.

A week ago I was doing just that, and found a shoe in my size with what they called "light red trim" ( heh, light red trim )on the sole and around the bottom of the shoe. I buy them. I wait in eager anticipation, hardly able to contain my excitement. They arrive. I open the box, and find that their "light red" trim ( heh, light red trim ) is FREAKING ORANGE!

So I am fuming around the house and Mrs. Howzit saves the day when she says, "Look at it this way, every step you take gets to tread on that orange you hate so much."

Ah, another Brooks Beast wearer! Where do you get yours, roadrunnersports?
I've gotta order some new ones, mine are shot. I'll deal with the orange,
they are the best shoe for me.

Howzit
4/19/2006, 09:02 AM
Ah, another Brooks Beast wearer! Where do you get yours, roadrunnersports?
I've gotta order some new ones, mine are shot. I'll deal with the orange,
they are the best shoe for me.

I used to get them from runningshoes.com, but they haven't had older models in my size in a while. I don't remember where this last pair came from, I just Google and do the price comparisons. I have ordered from Zappos, but not this time.

TexasLidig8r
4/19/2006, 09:29 AM
http://www.takkens.com/uploads/1s202l.gif

4/19/2006, 09:32 AM
I think the real challenge will be finding a repair shop that will touch your seven year old sneakers.

BeetDigger
4/19/2006, 09:38 AM

Magic marker or sharpie should take care of that. You have your choice: be the guy that runs around with people saying "look at the dude with the sharpie marks on his shoes" or you can be the guy that runs around with people saying "look at the whorn". Your choice. :D

yermom
4/19/2006, 09:44 AM
Howzit probably gets mistaken for a wh0rn a lot

NTTAWWT

Howzit
4/19/2006, 09:45 AM
Howzit probably gets mistaken for a wh0rn a lot

NTTAWWT

Well, I am part of the Dallas crew...:rolleyes:

Howzit
4/19/2006, 09:47 AM
Magic marker or sharpie should take care of that. You have your choice: be the guy that runs around with people saying "look at the dude with the sharpie marks on his shoes" or you can be the guy that runs around with people saying "look at the whorn". Your choice. :D

Or I could be the guy that everyone says "HEY! LOOK AT HOWZIT! HE'S STOMPING ON WHORN COLORS WITH EVERY STEP! GO HOWZIT GO!"

And then they hoist me on their shoulders and carry me around the block or something...

TexasLidig8r
4/19/2006, 10:00 AM
Howzit..did they look at all like.. this?

http://altura.speedera.net/ccimg.catalogcity.com/220000/221100/221103/Products/9242745.jpg :D

C&CDean
4/19/2006, 10:00 AM
Fruity boots.

Howzit
4/19/2006, 10:01 AM
Howzit..did they look at all like.. this?

http://altura.speedera.net/ccimg.catalogcity.com/220000/221100/221103/Products/9242745.jpg :D

No, those look like the ones the neighborhood fag wears while out walking his poodles.

;)

yermom
4/19/2006, 10:06 AM
Lid has poodles?

TexasLidig8r
4/19/2006, 10:14 AM
Lid has poodles?

Bastadge!!!!!!!!

Although a recent date of mine kind of looked like one! She had had so much plastic surgery done to her face.. it looked like someone had stretched her skin so tight that you could bounce a dime off of her forehead!... eyes lifted.. cheeks lifted. nose job.. chin done.. the skin between her upper lip and nose had been, "increased." I couldn't light a match around her.. was afraid she would melt!

4/19/2006, 10:26 AM
I thought Jacko was in Africa or the Middle East somewhere.