PDA

View Full Version : Dad Update

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/18/2006, 07:13 PM
My mom just told me that my dad got the most recent cancer scan results today. Unfortunately the latest cocktail of chemotherapy drugs is not working, so they are going to have to do something different.

We knew 23 months ago when this whole thing started that there was no cure. The doctors are doing everything they can to ensure he maintains a good quality of life. He has only really gotten sick once during this whole thing, and for that we are grateful. Because physically he looks healthy, it is easy to forget that cancer will eventually kill him and that it is slowly eating away at his body.

It is my prayer that he is able to continue to do the things he loves for as long as possible: go fishing, go to gun shows, watch OU football on TV, run free poker games at Buffalo Wild Wings, and attend the grandkids' t-ball games.

Please keep my family in your thoughts and prayers. Keep the ones you love close and don't take them for granted.

Sooner_Bob
4/18/2006, 07:17 PM
Prayers on the way . . . tell dad we're thinking about him (and you and the family.) :D

IB4OU2
4/18/2006, 07:22 PM
I'm sure he's comforted knowing he's got a wonderful caring daughter.

Your family and you are in my prayers H.

My dads under Hospice care now too.......

sanantoniosooner
4/18/2006, 07:24 PM
seriously praying for your family.

Okla-homey
4/18/2006, 07:41 PM
Speaking as a dad, his knowing how much you love him helps a great deal.

Hang in their kiddo.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/18/2006, 07:41 PM
Yeah it sucks. Thanks guys

Tailwind
4/18/2006, 07:43 PM
Oh man! Keep your chin up girl. We're all here for you.

IronSooner
4/18/2006, 07:54 PM
In my prayers as always.

slickdawg
4/18/2006, 07:56 PM
My mom just told me that my dad got the most recent cancer scan results today. Unfortunately the latest cocktail of chemotherapy drugs is not working, so they are going to have to do something different.

We knew 23 months ago when this whole thing started that there was no cure. The doctors are doing everything they can to ensure he maintains a good quality of life. He has only really gotten sick once during this whole thing, and for that we are grateful. Because physically he looks healthy, it is easy to forget that cancer will eventually kill him and that it is slowly eating away at his body.

It is my prayer that he is able to continue to do the things he loves for as long as possible: go fishing, go to gun shows, watch OU football on TV, run free poker games at Buffalo Wild Wings, and attend the grandkids' t-ball games.

Please keep my family in your thoughts and prayers. Keep the ones you love close and don't take them for granted.

You got it!

I know it's a terrible time for you, and there's really nothing any of us can say
to make you feel better in such trying times. Keep your faith and perhaps
we will see a miracle before our eyes!

I assure you that you being strong for your dad and being there for him
means the world to him.

VeeJay
4/18/2006, 08:07 PM
My wife went through the same thing with her dad recently. It is not easy; your dad needs the strength of his family now.

Prayers from here!

OUDoc
4/18/2006, 09:01 PM
Take care, H. I wish there was something we could say to make this all better, but at least know we're all thinking of you, your dad and your family. Good luck.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/18/2006, 09:22 PM
Well what makes it more difficult is that my Dad is very introverted. He thinks he is a burden if he tells us really what is going through his mind. That is not the case at all.

BoogercountySooner
4/18/2006, 09:24 PM
Hang in there and Gods speed for you and yours!

picasso
4/18/2006, 09:35 PM
Prayers your way.

It's been a year for such things. Myself and a few friends close to me.
Hang in there.

proud gonzo
4/18/2006, 10:07 PM
went through the cancer thing with my grandpa--let us know if you need anything, H.

SicEmBaylor
4/18/2006, 10:08 PM
Really sorry to hear about your father. Best wishes to you both.

ChickSoonerFan
4/18/2006, 10:20 PM
Sorry SBSB, prayers sent.

olevetonahill
4/19/2006, 12:04 AM
You gotem , been there . My heart is with you and dad and the rest of the family

pb4ou
4/19/2006, 12:18 AM
My dad is on his last leg also. You think you could cope with the fact that he cannot live forever. It is not an easy thing to think about. Life without your Dad. It is though, reasurring knowing that when his time comes, I will see him again when my time is done.

mrssoonerhubler
4/19/2006, 01:27 AM
Many prayers

Chuck Bao
4/19/2006, 02:56 AM
SBSB, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your father and family. May God bring comfort to all.