It's a girl

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060418/ap_on_en_mo/cruise_holmes_baby

SoonerWood
4/18/2006, 06:43 PM
that kid should have a somewhat interesting life

BeetDigger
4/18/2006, 06:49 PM
that kid should have a somewhat interesting life

If by interesting you mean confused, psychotic, intense and whacked out, then I agree.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
4/18/2006, 06:49 PM
Did he eat the placenta?

(Hey, he said it, not me.)

VeeJay
4/18/2006, 06:52 PM
Did he eat the placenta?

Tastes like chicken, or so I'm told.

IronSooner
4/18/2006, 06:58 PM
Did he eat the placenta?

Good source of stem cells. Probably won't make you taller though.

mrowl
4/18/2006, 07:03 PM
Hannibal is on his way to help tom prepare the placenta stew.

Sooner_Bob
4/18/2006, 07:07 PM
The name Suri has its origins in Hebrew, meaning "princess," or in Persian, meaning "red rose," the statement said.

I wonder what it means in Scientology?

mrowl
4/18/2006, 07:10 PM
The name Suri has its origins in Hebrew, meaning "princess," or in Persian, meaning "red rose," the statement said.

I wonder what it means in Scientology?

Suri: daughter of 344'th soul of Xenu. Celebrity Guardian of 21st planet from Klingon

85Sooner
4/18/2006, 07:11 PM
I know its the woman that determines the sex but anyone notice how all these girlie men are having girls? Cruise, Pitt etc....

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/18/2006, 07:15 PM
I know its the woman that determines the sex but anyone notice how all these girlie men are having girls? Cruise, Pitt etc....Um hello. . .it's the male that determines the sex, not the female.

FaninAma
4/18/2006, 07:16 PM
I know its the woman that determines the sex but anyone notice how all these girlie men are having girls? Cruise, Pitt etc....

Actually it's the father's contribution that determines the sex of a baby. The mother can only contribute an X chromosome. The father either contributes another X for girls or a Y chromosome for boys unless the father is a Texas Longhorn ....then he contributes an X and a Y and the offspring is a hermaphrodite.

I wonder if Tom allowed her to make any noise during the delivery. I can see it now...Tom playing the role of Dr. Evil and his wife playing the role of Scott when Dr. Evil tells Scott to "Shhhh!"..

yermom
4/18/2006, 07:20 PM

i'm guessing you haven't seen Fight Club ;)

i just hope PG doesn't post in this thread :O

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/18/2006, 07:23 PM
Actually it's the father's contribution that determines the sex of a baby. The mother can only contribute an X chromosome. The father either contributes another X for girls or a Y chromosome for boys unless the father is a Texas Longhorn ....then he contributes an X and a Y and the offspring is a hermaphrodite.

I wonder if Tom allowed her to make any noise during the delivery. I can see it now...Tom playing the role of Dr. Evil and his wife playing the role of Scott when Dr. Evil tells Scott to "Shhhh!"..Well that's what I meant but I did have an ex coworker tell me his wife had three daughters because girls ran in her family. We had to give him a biology lesson.

85Sooner
4/18/2006, 07:31 PM

I wonder if Tom allowed her to make any noise during the delivery. I can see it now...Tom playing the role of Dr. Evil and his wife playing the role of Scott when Dr. Evil tells Scott to "Shhhh!"..

I could be wrong and Yes the male sends x and Y but its the conditions,temp, chemicals, etc... which determines which one gets in . Again I could be wrong. Wheres OUdoc?

sanantoniosooner
4/18/2006, 07:34 PM
Ok........the placenta talk got to me.

Over 5000 posts in the oval before I finally get queezy.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/18/2006, 07:35 PM
I could be wrong and Yes the male sends x and Y but its the conditions,temp, chemicals, etc... which determines which one gets in . Again I could be wrong. Wheres OUdoc?FaninAma is a doctor.

85Sooner
4/18/2006, 07:38 PM
FaninAma is a doctor.

then it proves my point even more.

sanantoniosooner
4/18/2006, 07:40 PM
then it proves my point even more.
What does this have to do with Paul Thompson starting?

;)

Tailwind
4/18/2006, 07:46 PM
So....does she have horns and cloven hooves? Just askin.

usmc-sooner
4/18/2006, 08:36 PM
the jedi need to capture her and keep her far away from her fruitcake dad.

49r
4/18/2006, 08:46 PM
I wonder how hard it is to give birth to a beach ball...

http://www.pretendpundit.com/2006/04/katie_holmes_is.html
http://www.defamer.com/hollywood/tom-cruise/silent-blockbuster-tom-cruises-miracle-baby-finally-arrives-168128.php

IronSooner
4/18/2006, 10:14 PM
So....does she have horns and cloven hooves? Just askin.

That only precludes Jews from eating her placenta. Scientologists, so far as I know, are still able to.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/18/2006, 10:16 PM
So....does she have horns and cloven hooves? Just askin.Is that a Revelations reference?

Jimminy Crimson
4/18/2006, 10:16 PM
What goes better with placenta: bernaise or teriyaki? :cool:

proud gonzo
4/18/2006, 10:24 PM
i'm guessing you haven't seen Fight Club ;)

i just hope PG doesn't post in this thread :O

I dunno, he WAS awesome in fight club... but his hair might just be prettier than yours! And just look at those eyes--I mean, my god they're dreamy

http://cyhigh.jacksonsun.com/reviews/images/troy.jpghttp://brad.issla.org/1ere_page_index.jpg

RacerX
4/18/2006, 11:15 PM
Um hello. . .it's the male that determines the sex, not the female.

He's probably confused because the woman controls every other thing about sex.

RacerX
4/18/2006, 11:16 PM
What goes better with placenta: bernaise or teriyaki? :cool:

Wasabi!

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/18/2006, 11:34 PM
What goes better with placenta: bernaise or teriyaki? :cool:How about Placenta Polenta?

Jimminy Crimson
4/18/2006, 11:35 PM
Pecan-crusted Placenta with a side of Sauteed Umbilical Cord! Mmmmm! :)

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/18/2006, 11:39 PM
You have to be careful preparing the umbelical cord. Much like calimari, it can get a little rubbery if it is overcooked.

pb4ou
4/18/2006, 11:40 PM
bleh

proud gonzo
4/18/2006, 11:40 PM
i think the humor of my post in this thread (and signature) has been greatly overlooked. That was comedy gold, people!

GottaHavePride
4/18/2006, 11:49 PM
Nice symbolism there, Tom. Shrouding your front gate in black when your child is born and all...

yermom
4/19/2006, 05:51 AM
I dunno, he WAS awesome in fight club... but his hair might just be prettier than yours! And just look at those eyes--I mean, my god they're dreamy

http://cyhigh.jacksonsun.com/reviews/images/troy.jpghttp://brad.issla.org/1ere_page_index.jpg

i started talking about how dreamy he was after this movie:

http://www.honeybat.com/kristin2/Vampires/Interview_Vampire/louis3.jpg

when i was a Freshman at OU he's all the girls were talking about

VeeJay
4/19/2006, 08:04 AM
You have to be careful preparing the umbelical cord. Much like calimari, it can get a little rubbery if it is overcooked.

Grilled umbilical would make one helluva shish-ka-bob!

Soonrboy
4/19/2006, 09:36 AM
little sauerkraut, golden mustard, and in hot-dog bun...Umbi-worst

picasso
4/19/2006, 09:39 AM
when is the comet coming?

oh and Pitt looked his best in A River Runs Through It.

and, his name is kinda self descriptive.;)

sooneron
4/19/2006, 09:45 AM
yep, I hate him...

http://gratounette.canalblog.com/brad_pitt_fight_club_tro_sex.jpg

colleyvillesooner
4/19/2006, 11:22 AM
I find it funny that he had his baby on the same day Brooke Shields had another baby.

Howzit
4/19/2006, 11:45 AM
Has anyone heard whether Suri had fringe on the top?

skycat
4/19/2006, 11:47 AM
Has anyone heard whether Suri had the fringe on the top?

I wonder what the over/under on number of times poor little Suri hears this joke in her lifetime should be set at.

I'm thinking 1e9.

SoonerInKCMO
4/19/2006, 12:15 PM
Well, the rumor I heard (from a well-placed Hollywood insider, no less) is that this isn't really Tom's baby. It's the ex-boyfriend's and Katie had it months ago (she's been wearing a prosthetic since then). After Katie and the ex broke up, he didn't want anything to do with her or the upcoming kid. Tom found out about this and figured that they could pretend the kid was his and time the fake birth for right around when MI3 opened.

picasso
4/19/2006, 02:43 PM
the kid's already as tall as her old man.

Howzit
4/19/2006, 02:45 PM
and knows as much about psychiatry.

picasso
4/19/2006, 02:51 PM
why oh why didn't they go creative with a name like Placeena? or Placinda, or AfterBirtheena?

GulfCoastBamaFan
4/19/2006, 03:02 PM
I named my dog dammit.

I've always liked that name.

Come here, dammit.

Dammit, stop that.

STFU, dammit.

Howzit
4/19/2006, 03:03 PM
why oh why didn't they go creative with a name like Placeena? or Placinda, or AfterBirtheena?

Umbelicette?

proud gonzo
4/19/2006, 07:44 PM
Well, the rumor I heard (from a well-placed Hollywood insider, no less) is that this isn't really Tom's baby. It's the ex-boyfriend's and Katie had it months ago (she's been wearing a prosthetic since then). After Katie and the ex broke up, he didn't want anything to do with her or the upcoming kid. Tom found out about this and figured that they could pretend the kid was his and time the fake birth for right around when MI3 opened.
ooh! awesome conspiracy! let's run with it.

That explains why he bought the sonogram equipment instead of taking her to a damn hospital. And that whole "silent birth" thing really has a double meaning. :eek:

:rolleyes:

Soonerpsycho
4/19/2006, 08:06 PM
I wonder if it was a silent birth? (http://www.break.com/games/xenu.html)

proud gonzo
4/19/2006, 09:01 PM
omg