PDA

View Full Version : I am going to dropkick our architect

1stTimeCaller
4/18/2006, 04:29 PM
I spent 30 minutes writing and rewriting him an email because the first 25 versions were too 'You suck-esque'. This lazy incompetent mofo is about to see what happens when I do **** by the book. Today was the last owner-architect-contractor meeting that I cover for his sorry ***.

He's probably a whorn.

Okla-homey
4/18/2006, 04:31 PM
I find its usually best to write it the way you feel, but don't mash "send" until the next morning after sleeping on it. That way, you only re-write it once saving mucho time.

Howzit
4/18/2006, 04:36 PM
I wouldn't put anything 'You-suck-esque' or 'I-ain't-covering-your-sorry-***-anymore' in writing. Even after sleeping on it. Leave that for a face to face.

JohnnyMack
4/18/2006, 04:38 PM
I say you just kick him in the junk.

1stTimeCaller
4/18/2006, 04:45 PM
I wouldn't put anything 'You-suck-esque' or 'I-ain't-covering-your-sorry-***-anymore' in writing. Even after sleeping on it. Leave that for a face to face.

I didn't. I just said submittal X doesn't have the required Arch/Eng stamps on it. Please forward a copy for our files.

I wanted to say, "Not only did you take 8 days longer than the Contract Documents require you to do thus delaying my schedule you are also too focking retarded and /or lazy to mark up the necessary sheets and place the appropriate stamps on them."

Sincerely,
1 Tee Cee.

yermom
4/18/2006, 04:50 PM
I didn't. I just said submittal X doesn't have the required Arch/Eng stamps on it. Please forward a copy for our files.

I wanted to say, "Not only did you take 8 days longer than the Contract Documents require you to do thus delaying my schedule you are also too focking retarded and /or lazy to mark up the necessary sheets and place the appropriate stamps on them."

Sincerely,
1 Tee Cee.

make sure he got the memo about the new coversheets on the TPS reports too

Howzit
4/18/2006, 04:51 PM
We are going through a deal in California now that is delaying a warehouse move. We have built a new 750k sq ft warehouse, and the city council is giveing us certain requirements to move in - a few at a time. We have already had to postpone the move two weeks (it was originally this coming weekend), and don't even know if they have told us everything we have to supply to them.

This is all because 1tc wouldn't send in a resume.

1stTimeCaller
4/18/2006, 04:56 PM
We are going through a deal in California now that is delaying a warehouse move. We have built a new 750k sq ft warehouse, and the city council is giveing us certain requirements to move in - a few at a time. We have already had to postpone the move two weeks (it was originally this coming weekend), and don't even know if they have told us everything we have to supply to them.

This is all because 1tc wouldn't send in a resume.

I did too. :mad: Big T kept saying that he was out of town and yadda yadda yadda.

Howzit
4/18/2006, 05:01 PM
I did too. :mad: Big T kept saying that he was out of town and yadda yadda yadda.

Actually, they hired a new guy and he's been doing nothing but building maintenance stuff around here - I think a lot of crap had piled up. He'll be doing new site projects eventually, but who knows when. You would be going crazy.

OUAndy1807
4/18/2006, 05:24 PM

Sincerely,
1 Tee Cee.

If 8 days worth of additional submittal review is delaying your job, you didn't do your job up front. Did you give your sub as much hell as you're giving your architect when he waited to submit the product?

Architects are always right.

1stTimeCaller
4/18/2006, 05:31 PM
If 8 days worth of additional submittal review is delaying your job, you didn't do your job up front. Did you give your sub as much hell as you're giving your architect when he waited to submit the product?

Architects are always right.

yep. This is the same architect that had the exterior studs at L/180 then during the shops changed it to L/600. After our sub redesigned the exterior studs for L/600 the architect decided that we should go with L/240 to save some money. The guy is a jackass as well. He's arrogant. He tries to have meetings with our subs without notifying us of the meeting. He tries to direct our subs to make changes. Thankfully the owner has caught on that they hired some morons as architects.

oh btw, we have at least a month of float in our schedule that neither he nor the owner know about. We'd like to keep it that way.

OUAndy1807
4/18/2006, 06:56 PM
yep. This is the same architect that had the exterior studs at L/180 then during the shops changed it to L/600. After our sub redesigned the exterior studs for L/600 the architect decided that we should go with L/240 to save some money.

I don't know what any of that means. I'm too busy making money to worry about details.

Sooner_Bob
4/18/2006, 07:20 PM
I find its usually best to write it the way you feel, but don't mash "send" until the next morning after sleeping on it. That way, you only re-write it once saving mucho time.

Sounds like good advice . . . I can't tell you how many times I've about broke the keyboard only to erase the thing before sending. :)

OUAndy1807
4/18/2006, 07:28 PM
oh btw, we have at least a month of float in our schedule that neither he nor the owner know about. We'd like to keep it that way.

by the way, remember the one lawsuit in our construction law class that included the company I work for? Make sure you're not giving out a different schedule to the subs than you are the owner/arch. Not too legal.

not saying you guys are doing it, but you can go in and act like a genius with your uppers.

TopDaugIn2000
4/18/2006, 07:46 PM
an arrogant architect?!?!?!?!?!?!?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OUAndy1807
4/18/2006, 07:59 PM
for the most part, architect=******-drinker.

(actually, that's not true. I like most of them that have been around, but there is nothing worse than an arch who is still young enough that they don't know how the real world works.)