PDA

View Full Version : Texans passing on Bush?

JohnnyMack
4/18/2006, 04:20 PM
For the first time, there is legitimate reason to think that Reggie Bush is not going to be wind up in Houston. As of Monday, the Texans had not had any contract discussions with Bush and his representatives. Yet the Texans have approached defensive end Mario Williams, trying to see if he would be receptive to discussing a deal. But the evidence goes beyond contracts. When Bush was in Houston, a certain segment of the organization never introduced itself to the running back.
-- NFL.com

Hmmmm, wonder who would land him?

BASSooner
4/18/2006, 04:30 PM
the next team who needs him the most probably

JohnnyMack
4/18/2006, 04:42 PM
the next team who needs him the most probably

Thanks Mel.

SoonerGators
4/18/2006, 04:45 PM
the Texans will take Bush, I have a feeling this could all be to give doubt to other teams as to what they will do with the first pick, possibly instegating a trade offer too good to turn down.

stoopified
4/18/2006, 04:48 PM
I've had the feeling all along that Texans don't like Bush.They tend to be partial to hangin' beef.

jackietreehorn
4/18/2006, 05:36 PM
you would have to be a freakin moron to pass on that kid, every team needs a reggie bush. just like next year, only a moron would pass on AD. you heard it hear first.

XingTheRubicon
4/18/2006, 06:29 PM
I thought this thread was going to be about Austin for some reason.

OKC Sooner
4/18/2006, 06:54 PM
I thought this thread was gonna be about how many gays there are in Texas.

OUGreg723
4/18/2006, 06:58 PM
I thought this thread was going to be about our President for some reason..

SoonerAtKU
4/18/2006, 07:49 PM
Word around the water cooler is that Denver may be giving up their two 1st round picks or more to move up and take Bush. I think that's a better deal all-around for both teams and for Reggie.

Sooner Eclipse
4/18/2006, 07:52 PM
I thought this thread was going to be about Austin for some reason.

Heh.... Best line of the day.:D

TheGodfather889
4/18/2006, 09:09 PM
The Texans will still take Reggie Bush.

OUGreg723
4/18/2006, 09:11 PM
Do the Texans really NEED a RB though?? I know Bush is great, but what is really their biggest concern right now?

jccouger
4/18/2006, 10:16 PM
If they arent going to draft Bush the smartest thing to do would be to trade the pick. There is nobody else they need at the #1 pick that wouldnt be a waste of the #1 overall pick.

badger
4/18/2006, 10:33 PM
they need about 20 guys more than they need one guy. Trade the dude for a ton of picks (a la unmentionable running back that got drafted by New Orleans that I cannot mention because it is Tuesday) and get an offensive line.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
4/19/2006, 08:39 AM
San Franciscan's are having the same problem.

TexasLidig8r
4/19/2006, 08:50 AM
Do the Texans really NEED a RB though?? I know Bush is great, but what is really their biggest concern right now?

Is Reggie Bush an NFL running back?

He has carried the ball 20 times or more in a game only.... twice.

TheHumanAlphabet
4/19/2006, 09:03 AM
I doubt Bush will be taken. The Texans need line help real bad. Mostly O-line, but they also need good pass rushing. We have a pretty good runner now and with the QB cemented in, he needs a little help from the pass catching side, which I think we got from free agency. I wouldn't be surprised if we either pass on Bush or do an immediate trade for help elsewhere.

JohnnyMack
4/19/2006, 10:31 AM
I doubt Bush will be taken. The Texans need line help real bad. Mostly O-line, but they also need good pass rushing. We have a pretty good runner now and with the QB cemented in, he needs a little help from the pass catching side, which I think we got from free agency. I wouldn't be surprised if we either pass on Bush or do an immediate trade for help elsewhere.

If Houston is going to trade down, they should trade with either one of the top few picks so they can get Ferguson from UVA to shore up the o-line AND more picks later in the draft to fill holes.

Or if they can find a sucker to give up 4 or 5 picks for Reggie, that would be a great move too.

caphorns
4/19/2006, 10:42 AM
Or if they can find a sucker to give up 4 or 5 picks for Reggie, that would be a great move too.

Excepting if one of those suckers is named Indianapolis, Tennessee or Jacksonville.

As for D'Brick, he doesn't fit the typical Kubiak profile for OLs for running his zone blocking scheme. He takes the undersized guys with quick feet.

TheHumanAlphabet
4/19/2006, 10:50 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if Casserly in one of his last acts at the Texans is to scheme a 3 or 4 person deal for Reggie or something like that...

Harry Beanbag
4/19/2006, 11:15 AM
As for D'Brick, he doesn't fit the typical Kubiak profile for OLs for running his zone blocking scheme. He takes the undersized guys with quick feet.

Well, Ferguson really isn't that big, just over 300 lbs, and that is after he beefed up for the combine. He was listed at 289 as a senior at UVa. No idea if he has quick feet or not though.

JohnnyMack
4/19/2006, 11:19 AM

I think they'd be foolish to pass on him if they don't take Bush. But I'm not an NFL GM, an NFL head coach or Mel Kiper, Jr.