PDA

View Full Version : grad/law student challenge

Ike
4/18/2006, 02:50 PM
This one is mostly aimed at Homey, but really any of the students, grad, law or even undergrad, that post here can participate.

The challenge is:

Find a way to cite this paper (http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=896790) in your thesis, dissertation, capstone, or any other piece of writing you produce.

Obviously, law and psych people will probably have an easier time finding an excuse to cite it than I will in my field of experimental high energy physics, but dammit, I'll try to bury it in the references section of my dissertation. I have over 150 so far, so that part shouldnt be hard...its the actual citing of it that is.

royalfan5
4/18/2006, 02:54 PM
I don't think I can work this into my paper on the market demand for combines, maybe I could work into my operations paper in a very oblique way.

King Crimson
4/18/2006, 03:32 PM
I could do it pretty easily if i wanted to--re: media ethics/regulation/free speech/censorship type stuff. or even racier....techno-sexual fetishization.

IronSooner
4/18/2006, 03:50 PM
Not sure how that applies to biology or mechanics of materials, but it would certainly make for a more interesting paper than what I'm about to spit out after 4 months.

GottaHavePride
4/18/2006, 03:52 PM
I could get that in a paper. All it would take is a paper about church law prohibiting the tri-tone (The "Devil's Interval") from appearing in church music back in the middle ages. Relate it to modern-day sociological phenomena, and there you go: one good ****-paper citation.

SicEmBaylor
4/18/2006, 04:17 PM
Citing that at Baylor=explusion. :D

Ike
4/18/2006, 04:24 PM
Citing that at Baylor=explusion. :D

However, I bet you could get the papers author to represent you when you sue the school for billions. maybe even pro-bono.

Okla-homey
4/18/2006, 04:29 PM
This one is mostly aimed at Homey, but really any of the students, grad, law or even undergrad, that post here can participate.

The challenge is:

Find a way to cite this paper (http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=896790) in your thesis, dissertation, capstone, or any other piece of writing you produce.

Obviously, law and psych people will probably have an easier time finding an excuse to cite it than I will in my field of experimental high energy physics, but dammit, I'll try to bury it in the references section of my dissertation. I have over 150 so far, so that part shouldnt be hard...its the actual citing of it that is.

Sorry Ike. While it is an amusing idea, I can't, I'm Baptist.;)

Hatfield
4/18/2006, 04:54 PM
i like U2...does that make me pro bono?

49r
4/18/2006, 05:07 PM
i like U2...does that make me pro bono?

maybe, but then again it wouldn't necessarily preclude you from being anti-bono either, I suppose.

Okla-homey
4/18/2006, 05:09 PM
Always wear a helmet when you ski.
- Sonny Bono