PDA

View Full Version : Tool on Tour

colleyvillesooner
4/18/2006, 01:09 PM
And no, this isn't about 1TC driving around the country. ;)

The band Tool is going on tour and I found the location for their Dallas show a tad odd. They are playing small halls and theaters. Their Dallas date is at SMU's McFarlin Auditorium. Wonder if the Methodists know Maynard's views on religon?

Oh and there is no way the school/campus/area will be prepared for the crowd that shows up.

Osce0la
4/18/2006, 01:11 PM
And no, this isn't about 1TC driving around the country. ;)

The band Tool is going on tour and I found the location for their Dallas show a tad odd. They are playing small halls and theaters. Their Dallas date is at SMU's McFarlin Auditorium. Wonder if the Methodists know Maynard's views on religon?

Oh and there is no way the school/campus/area will be prepared for the crowd that shows up.
I need a link...I saw them when they came to Birmingham back in 2001, and then saw APC a few years ago also in Birminhgham...2 of the better shows I have seen and I will have to catch this if they come anywhere near here. That would be awesome if I could go see NIN and Tool both this summer...

Rhino
4/18/2006, 01:12 PM
Their new song sucks.

Jimminy Crimson
4/18/2006, 01:13 PM
I saw George Clinton and all of his P-Funk friends at McFarlin back in my SMU days.

Osce0la
4/18/2006, 01:14 PM
Their new song sucks.
I haven't heard it yet. Birmingham radio is the succ.

Here's the dates listed on their site:

SUN-APR-30 INDIO, CA/ COACHELLA FESTIVAL
TUE-MAY-02 SEATTLE/ PARAMOUNT THEATRE
THU-MAY-04 OAKLAND/ PARAMOUNT THEATRE
FRI-MAY-05 LAS VEGAS/ THE JOINT
SAT-MAY-06 PHOENIX/ GAMMAGE HALL
MON-MAY-08 DALLAS/ McFARLIN AUDITORIUM
WED-MAY-10 DENVER/ TEMPLE BUELL THEATRE
THU-MAY-11 KANSAS CITY/ MEMORIAL HALL
FRI-MAY-12 MINNEAPOLIS/ ORPHEUM THEATRE
SAT-MAY-13 CHICAGO/ AUDITORIUM THEATRE
MON-MAY-15 DETROIT/ FOX THEATRE
TUE-MAY-16 TORONTO/ HUMMINGBIRD THEATRE
THU-MAY-17 PHILADELPHIA/ TOWER THEATRE
FRI-MAY-19 NEW YORK/ CITY CENTER
SAT-MAY-20 NEW YORK/ CITY CENTER
SUN-MAY-21 BOSTON/ ORPHEUM THEATRE

Nothing even remotely close to here :mad:

colleyvillesooner
4/18/2006, 01:15 PM
Nothing even remotely close to here :mad:

Don't worry, they'll probably do a bigger tour in the late summer/Fall

Rhino
4/18/2006, 01:17 PM
Be glad you haven't heard it yet.

I heard it eight times yesterday. Twice before work, thrice during work and thrice after work. I think The Buzz played it four of the eight times I heard it.

Osce0la
4/18/2006, 01:17 PM
Anybody know when the new CD is supposed to come out?

colleyvillesooner
4/18/2006, 01:20 PM
May 2nd.

I should by some tickets just to scalp them, since it only holds 1000 people.

Norm In Norman
4/18/2006, 01:22 PM
Be glad you haven't heard it yet.

I heard it eight times yesterday. Twice before work, thrice during work and thrice after work. I think The Buzz played it four of the eight times I heard it.
They played it repeatedly from 4 to at least 4:30. At first I thought the song was like 15 minutes or something, then I realized they were just repeating it.

I thought it was OK. I really wasn't paying that much attention to it.

JohnnyMack
4/18/2006, 01:22 PM
If you steal any and all fun in a thread by taking the only nugget of joy in the very first line, then why should I read them? You must give softballs. :mad:

colleyvillesooner
4/18/2006, 01:35 PM
If you steal any and all fun in a thread by taking the only nugget of joy in the very first line, then why should I read them? You must give softballs. :mad:

Hey, my thread, my shots at 1tc holmes. :D

colleyvillesooner
4/22/2006, 10:16 AM
Update:

So I try to get online and get tickets. Says none available 30 sec after they go on sale, so i keep tying, knowing that it "times" people out. Well I get through, enter all my info in the 3 mins alloted, and it confirm. Well, it waits for 1 min then just says "process error" please try again?!?!?!? No, "you entered something wrong on the last page", just "No tickets fo you."
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad:

mrowl
4/22/2006, 10:39 AM
ticketmaster is the debil.

KC//CRIMSON
4/22/2006, 10:54 AM
I like the new song.

Side note: The drummer from Tool is from Paola, Kansas. Which is ten minutes away from where I dwell.

colleyvillesooner
4/22/2006, 11:45 AM
Oh and two tickets I would have paid $137.00 for just sold for $455 on Ebay. :mad: