PDA

View Full Version : Where were you 100 years ago?

Penguin
4/18/2006, 11:24 AM
I hope you weren't in San Francisco.

OUinFLA
4/18/2006, 11:31 AM
Im curious to see who answers this. I would feel better about my age if someone chimes in here with personal experience.

picasso
4/18/2006, 11:34 AM
there's been a documentary about the quake and fire on PBS. great stories and old film footage.

makes one realize that if they could bounce back from that back then, New Orleans should be no problem.

Osce0la
4/18/2006, 11:44 AM
there's been a documentary about the quake and fire on PBS. great stories and old film footage.

makes one realize that if they could bounce back from that back then, New Orleans should be no problem.
Key words there...should be...:rolleyes:

Okla-homey
4/18/2006, 11:48 AM
Where was I on April 18, 1906?

My maternal great-grandmother was sweating out her pregnancy with number three son "John" out in the wilds of Carter County, I.T. and prolly working in their cotton fields. Said child would be my maternal grandfather.

Other maternal great grandmother was not yet married and was residing in Okemah I.T.

Paternal great grandmother was raising my other grandfather "Emil" above their drugstore in Winona MN. He was 12 at the time.

My other paternal great grandmother was raising my paternal grandmother "Berta" in a Philadelphia ghetto. She was 4 at the time.

Therefore, I can safely say neither myself, nor my DNA had anything whatsoever to do with the SF earthquake.

Note: Our daughter was born on this day in 1986 at Blytheville AFB (later renamed Eaker AFB and now closed.) She had nothing to do with the quake either -- although she rocked our world when she arrived kicking and screaming at 3:24 a.m.

yermom
4/18/2006, 12:06 PM
one great great grandfather was probably hanging out in Noble somewhere

another one was about to be Mayor of Tulsa

85Sooner
4/18/2006, 12:32 PM
My grandfather was watching CNN and listening to the pundits blame Bush for the Crack.

silverwheels
4/18/2006, 01:00 PM
At least one of my paternal great-great-grandfathers was in a tipi somewhere; my maternal great-great-grandfathers were probably on fishing boats in Korea or something.

49r
4/18/2006, 02:05 PM
God was just punishing the homosexuals.