93-94
Asst. Coach, North Carolina A&T

94-99
Asst. Coach, Old Dominion

99-02
Asst. Coach, Virginia Tech

03-06
Asst. Coach, Virginia Commonwealth

This was the guy he was going to bring with him (I think). Anyone know whether Hoffman has been retained?

jmvac97
4/18/2006, 12:24 PM
He apparently wanted him badly, if he didn't get the head job at VCU. Is he keeping Hoffman?

TopDawg
4/18/2006, 12:55 PM
I don't know about Hoffman, but McCallum is headed to Indiana with Sampson.

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/hou/sports/m-baskbl/auto_headshot/p-mccallum.jpg

stoopified
4/18/2006, 04:26 PM
I hope Hoffman gets a spot with Capel.

oumartin
4/18/2006, 04:32 PM
big mistake if hoffman doesn't stay

Newbomb Turk
4/20/2006, 11:45 AM
After reading an article about Hoffman in today's DO, I wouldn't be surprised if Capel is waiting to see what the NCAA says about Hoffman.

Hoffman is one of the coaches that made impermissable phone calls. He's in danger of being put in what the NCAA calls their "pink files". This is a list of coaches who have committed major violations.

Jay C. Upchurch
4/20/2006, 12:06 PM
Hoffman is not "in danger of being put on the pink list" — that is not even a possibility because he did not commit any "major" rules infractions.

OU and Coach Sampson have made it clear the phone calls Hoffman made should not be viewed in the same manner as other calls that took place prior to his arrival at OU in 2004.

Hoffman will not face any sanctions from this incident, but it only makes sense that Coach Capel wait to make absolutely certain. After the NCAA announces its ruling, then Hoffman will probably be added to the staff.

Capel needs someone who can help him recruit Oklahoma and Texas, and Hoffman would be a nice addition to his staff.

On another note, I stopped by the LNC and watched Coach Capel and Coach Cline work out Longar Longar and Taylor Griffin on Monday. It was very impressive seeing what they were teaching (and learning) in such a short time.

Kelvin has said all along Longar was going to develop into an impact player, and I believe this new staff will help that come to fruition. Of course, anyone who watched Griffin this past season saw his potential. I believe he, too, will benefit greatly from the changes.

Newbomb Turk
4/20/2006, 12:10 PM
I agree that the Hoffman calls don't sound like "major" violations to me. Just passing along what the DO printed. I probably misquoted by saying he's in "danger". But there is a chance.

oumartin
4/20/2006, 01:34 PM
Jay, its nice to see you saying that coach Capel is developing players..
Welcome back man

Newbomb Turk
4/20/2006, 02:23 PM
Jay, its nice to see you saying that coach Capel is developing players..
Welcome back man

10K martin - w00t!

usmc-sooner
4/20/2006, 02:44 PM
coach kline, coach kline !!!!!

http://uregina.ca/~pearsona/reviews/divids/waterboy5.jpg

OUGreg723
4/20/2006, 07:49 PM
I don't know about Hoffman, but McCallum is headed to Indiana with Sampson.

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/hou/sports/m-baskbl/auto_headshot/p-mccallum.jpg

McCallum is a good man. I talked to him many times at Herndon BBall games this year. Sad to see him go.

birddog
4/20/2006, 07:56 PM
christ, helander. you went from 5k to 10k in under 2 weeks.

MojoRisen
4/20/2006, 08:22 PM
I thought Kelvin was going to retire on the bench at OU- I guess unless he gets a better offer-

No one should be let out of the lOI- if there is no legal obligation to LOI- don't even have them. If coaches can negoitiate with recruiting classes given certain circumstances that they created on there own- it will not be the last power play.