PDA

View Full Version : Cubbies Pt. II

Boomhauer
4/18/2006, 07:08 AM
Since the other thread was closed I will start another one to talk about OUR Chicago Cubs.

Maddux was sensational last night. Eight Innings of 3 hit ball...retiring the first 9 hitters. I never would have thought that he would come out and pitch like this, especially after the past couple of seasons of mediocrity. You know you have to be masterful when your fastball tops 83 mph! The Cubs needed this in a BAD way!!!! Way to go!!!!

Bullpen has been very good this year. I listened to the Cubs GM Hendry on the Rome show last week and he took all the blame for last years club. He said that everyone was alway's bashing Baker for the losses when in all actuallity it was his fault for not getting the players for Baker. I have been a Hendry basher on this board over the winter but I do have to give him props for what he has done. Next line of business for him is to get OF Felix Pie and Pitcher Angel Guzman up to the bigs. Both are great prospects who are tearing up AAA right now.

Zambrano needs to get his act together tonight! LETS GO CUBS!!!!!!

Boomhauer
4/20/2006, 07:06 AM
Big hit by another Cubs full time first year player...Ronnie Cedeno. Two out line drive base hit that scored two runs in the top of the eighth. Ryan Dempster came in the ninth and converted his Cubs team record 23rd consecutive save. Good news is that we won. Bad news is that we lost D. Lee and Scott Erye on the same play. It was a bunt attempt by Rafeal Furcal to the right of the pitchers mound. Erye got it and threw it high to D. Lee causing a collision at first base. Not exactly sure how Erye got hurt but the collision did Lee in. Don't know the severity of the injuries yet. D. Lee is going back to Chicago to get the wrist looked at.

BUT....taking 2 of 3 in LA is a good thing!!!! Now on the St. Louis. If we can take 2 of 3 from them...then it will be a great road trip!!!

GO CUBS!

Mjcpr
4/20/2006, 07:35 AM
Ugh...I hope Lee is alright.

Mjcpr
4/21/2006, 08:03 AM
Whew....what a relief!! He's only out for 8 - 10 weeks. :mad:

Can't win for losing.

jackietreehorn
4/27/2006, 12:11 AM
anyone know how long wood and prior have left on their contracts?

GreaterState
4/27/2006, 03:12 AM
anyone know how long wood and prior have left on their contracts?

Prior and the Cubs avoided arbitration when he signed a one-year deal in January. Meanwhile Woody and the team have a mutual option for 2007, but since being relegated to the bullpen last year, he's not going to hit the performance targets that give him any say in the matter ... it will be a Cubs option to keep him next year.