PDA

View Full Version : Band banquet was tonight...

Melo
4/18/2006, 12:42 AM
I had fun. Wasnt expecting to have too much fun, but I did. Took lots of pics, on purpose, for all of you.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v617/mellybelly/100_1648.jpg
^^Me and my roomate, Tina.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v617/mellybelly/40610b8a.jpg
^^Me.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v617/mellybelly/100_1654.jpg
^^Two of my best friends, Brandon and Becca, and then me.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v617/mellybelly/100_1655.jpg
^^Cassie, or CrimsonRose.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v617/mellybelly/100_1656.jpg
^^Another one of yours truly.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v617/mellybelly/100_1659.jpg
^^Becca and Me

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v617/mellybelly/100_1665.jpg
^^Tina dancing. I know you dont know her, I just think its a pretty picture.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v617/mellybelly/101_1672.jpg
^^Tina, Javier and myself

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v617/mellybelly/101_1675.jpg
^^After taking this picture, we realized Tina not only had her leg on me, but she was winking and giving the thumbs up sign. I dont know what this was supposed to mean.

SicEmBaylor
4/18/2006, 12:53 AM
Okay, you're cute.

Melo
4/18/2006, 01:05 AM
Okay, you're cute.

Thank you. :)

SicEmBaylor
4/18/2006, 01:08 AM
You look semi-familiar as well, but I'm one of those people think that everyone looks like someone else I know.

Melo
4/18/2006, 01:11 AM
Hmm.. I have a couple ties with Baylor, and I used to live semi-close to Waco.

Chances are, I probably just look somewhat like someone you know. Lol.

Jimminy Crimson
4/18/2006, 01:32 AM
Melo, meet SicEm.

SicEm, meet Melo.

Hook it up, beyonces! :texan:

silverwheels
4/18/2006, 01:34 AM
Hey Melo, are you part Asian?

yermom
4/18/2006, 01:38 AM
Hey Melo, you have any Asian in you?

i know where this is going...

silverwheels
4/18/2006, 01:40 AM
i know where this is going...

Heh. I almost worded it that way, but I figured she wouldn't take me seriously if I did.

SicEmBaylor
4/18/2006, 01:53 AM
Melo, meet SicEm.

SicEm, meet Melo.

Hook it up, beyonces! :texan:

I do have a way of charming the ladies with my rants on illegal immigration and the benefits of repealing the 17th Amendment. :D

rwar.

oumartin
4/18/2006, 02:16 AM
she is cute!

who is the female snare drummer. I'm recalling a very cute snare drummer last fall.

yermom
4/18/2006, 02:22 AM
i thought she played the Melophone?

;)

LoyalFan
4/18/2006, 07:03 AM
Melo

Three questions. No time limit. Neatness counts:

1. How well-attended was the banquet? (Answer may be as Total Band Membership/Attendees or percentage.)
2. Is your middle or last name "Noma"?
3. Will you tell Tina that I think she's lovely?

You looked great! Glad you had a good time.

Kindly Uncle LoyalFan

Fugue
4/18/2006, 08:23 AM
Melo, meet SicEm.

SicEm, meet Melo.

Club it up, beyonces! :texan:

Waco Guidos? :texan:

Mjcpr
4/18/2006, 08:24 AM
SicEmo?

Fugue
4/18/2006, 08:32 AM
Melem?

JohnnyMack
4/18/2006, 09:18 AM
Did you have the chicken or the beef?

yermom
4/18/2006, 09:22 AM
Sic-o?

TheHumanAlphabet
4/18/2006, 09:23 AM
Who are the Buccaneers?

TheHumanAlphabet
4/18/2006, 09:24 AM
Melo

Kindly Uncle LoyalFan

Uncle Buck spek!

got a quarter?

crawfish
4/18/2006, 09:27 AM
This one time, at the band banquet...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v617/mellybelly/101_1675.jpg

Melo
4/18/2006, 11:11 AM
Who are the Buccaneers?

We're the Blinn Bucaneers! Arg.

Hey Melo, are you part Asian?

No. I get asked that a lot, though, for some reason. I'm half french Candian, a quarter Hungarian and a quarter Scotch Irish. Basically. No asian.

Melo

1. How well-attended was the banquet? (Answer may be as Total Band Membership/Attendees or percentage.)
3. Will you tell Tina that I think she's lovely?

1. Mostly everyone was there. The only people who didnt show up were the people who had been before and didnt really feel liek going again. So, maybe about 75% of the band was there.

2. No. Not sure I understand this question completely.

3. I can, but dont you think it might sound weird that an internet guy she has never even heard of thinks she is lovely?

crimsonrose
4/18/2006, 11:32 AM
All i have to say is Melo..you looked so hot last night!!! heh

Melo
4/18/2006, 11:35 AM
All i have to say is Melo..you looked so hot last night!!! heh

Where have you been? You havent posted in a long time. You've been playing eq too much.

You looked great, too. :D

crimsonrose
4/18/2006, 11:49 AM
Where have you been? You havent posted in a long time. You've been playing eq too much.

You looked great, too. :D

Heh! Dang eq! i have been playing too much...oh well..its fun!

Beano's Fourth Chin
4/18/2006, 11:53 AM
Holy crap. I've stumbled into a myspace wormhole.

Norm In Norman
4/18/2006, 11:58 AM
I think someone pressed their easy button to find someone else's easy button and yes, it created a myspace wormhole.

yermom
4/18/2006, 12:08 PM
wait, who's easy?

JohnnyMack
4/18/2006, 12:15 PM
wait, who's easy?

slut.

Melo
4/18/2006, 12:18 PM

Possibly.

Mjcpr
4/18/2006, 12:24 PM
What's a wormhole?

Stanley1
4/18/2006, 12:25 PM
What's a wormhole?

Kinda like a corn hole.

Mjcpr
4/18/2006, 12:31 PM
Why is Beano stumbling into a corn hole?

:confused:

TheHumanAlphabet
4/18/2006, 12:32 PM
We're the Blinn Bucaneers! Arg.

Thanks. Where's Blinn? ;)

2. No. Not sure I understand this question completely.

Check out Uncle Buck starring John Candy and the school principal/counselor scene...

1stTimeCaller
4/18/2006, 12:32 PM
Why is Beano stumbling into a corn hole?

:confused:

he's checking Howzit's plenum

Stanley1
4/18/2006, 12:33 PM
Geez, keep up Pat.

Mjcpr
4/18/2006, 12:33 PM
Moooooon Riverrrr

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/18/2006, 12:35 PM
Hmmm, Tina's commando.

Mjcpr
4/18/2006, 12:37 PM
Hmmm, Tina's commando.

God bless her for giving the ultimate sacrifice.

Jimminy Crimson
4/18/2006, 12:39 PM
Hmmm, Tina's commando.

She's in the special forces? :confused:

Fugue
4/18/2006, 12:39 PM
Hmmm, Tina's commando.

heh, i wondered about that.

crimsonrose
4/18/2006, 12:40 PM
She's in the special forces? :confused:

Indeed she is

Mjcpr
4/18/2006, 12:41 PM
heh, i wondered about that.

What am I missing here......she free-ballin'?

Fugue
4/18/2006, 12:42 PM
What am I missing here......she free-ballin'?

70/40 yes

silverwheels
4/18/2006, 12:43 PM
No. I get asked that a lot, though, for some reason. I'm half french Candian, a quarter Hungarian and a quarter Scotch Irish. Basically. No asian.

Oh. You do look like you are of partial Asian descent.

Melo
4/18/2006, 12:43 PM
Well, thanks, folks, for looking. I didnt even check it out. :mad:

Melo
4/18/2006, 12:47 PM
Thanks. Where's Blinn? ;)

If you were a good observer, you would be able to find that out.

crimsonrose
4/18/2006, 12:48 PM

Heh...good call Melo!

TheHumanAlphabet
4/18/2006, 12:59 PM

I know you're in the Brenham area, that why the winky...

I just haven't heard of Blinn H.S., Blinn College, yes...

And if you are at Blinn Colllege, then I didn't know they had a band and please excuse the possible faux pas, I'm just an old fogey...

Melo
4/18/2006, 01:18 PM
I know you're in the Brenham area, that why the winky...

I just haven't heard of Blinn H.S., Blinn College, yes...

And if you are at Blinn Colllege, then I didn't know they had a band and please excuse the possible faux pas, I'm just an old fogey...

Blinn College is in Brenham, TX. The HS is called brenham HS.

Brenham has been home to many firsts -- including the first public school district in Texas and the first public high school. Brenham ISD has three elementary schools, one middle school, one junior high and one high school. Blinn College was founded in Brenham in 1883 and became the first county-owned junior college in Texas. Blinn's main campus is located in Brenham, but it has expanded into Bryan/College Station and Schulenberg.

Blinn College Brenham Campus is the only campus with a band. We're a small band, not allowed to have more than 125 members. We do a lot of recruiting, because there is a LOT of money in scholorships here. The band prgram is getting better and better every year, so it's kind of fun to be a part of something that is not stagnant.

Aside from that, Brenham has so much history. I'm still learning about it all. It's also a beautiful place to go to school. In the spring, everywhere you go is covered in bluebonnets.

If yorue interested in more of Brenham history, Mash here (http://www.tsha.utexas.edu/handbook/online/articles/BB/heb11.html)

SicEmBaylor
4/18/2006, 01:27 PM
I figured you went to OU. What instrument do you play?
And man..Brenham is dangerously close to College Station.

TheHumanAlphabet
4/18/2006, 01:59 PM
Melo,

Thanks for the informative information. I was not aware of Blinn College's band. Please forgive my inference for H.S. - at least I "pre-apologized".

As an old fogey, I can't tell the ages of people by their photos alone without context. Everybody from near H.S. graduation age to mid/late 20s all seem the same to me. You'll understand what I mean in about 25 years...

Is Blinn's Band program a full program (i.e., marching and concert) or are you a concert performing organization only?

Glad your Band Banquet went well, many seemed to be having a good time...

Melo
4/18/2006, 01:59 PM
I figured you went to OU. What instrument do you play?
And man..Brenham is dangerously close to College Station.

I wish I went to OU. But I now know that if I would have gone straight from HS to OU, it would have kicked my butt, financially, and well... my studying habits weren't something to be desired. But now I know, and it doesnt hurt that Blinn is paying me to come to school here.

I play the clarinet during concert season. For the past three years, I have been a drum major. Well, due to some... circumstances, I will no longer be a drum major at Blinn, by my own choice. If all goes according to plan, I will be marching on the drumline next marching season, but if worst comes to worst, I told my director that he could stick me on the clarinet line or the cymbal line, where ever he needs me, seeing as how I have marched both.

And yes, Brenham is about 45 minutes - 1 hour from College Station. Ive gone a few times. Usually not much of a reason to go. We go shopping, but seeing as how I have no $$, that doesnt happen often.

Melo
4/18/2006, 02:04 PM
Melo,

Thanks for the informative information. I was not aware of Blinn College's band. Please forgive my inference for H.S. - at least I "pre-apologized".

As an old fogey, I can't tell the ages of people by their photos alone without context. Everybody from near H.S. graduation age to mid/late 20s all seem the same to me. You'll understand what I mean in about 25 years...

Is Blinn's Band program a full program (i.e., marching and concert) or are you a concert performing organization only?

Glad your Band Banquet went well, many seemed to be having a good time...

Oh, I didnt take offense to ANY of it! I didnt go to HS here, or anything.

Blinn's program is a full program, with marching band and concert band. As I said earlier, we've started doing bigger and better things. We marched in the Houston Thanksgiving Parade. Sadly, weve never gone to any big games, because our football team always chokes in the last couple of games. TMEA (Texas Music Educators Association) has a junior college division, and Blinn College has the highest number of memebers in the TMEA junior college all-state band. During concert season, the Symphonic band goes on a huge tour all around the area, and we play for different high schools. We have gone on part of it, which consisted of a day, and we leave next week for a few days to perform several concerts a day all over.

We also have a pretty cool thing set up for music majors. Its set up in a way that all of our classes will transfer to a bigger university, so we can go right in and be a junior, without having to go back and take some classes.

SicEmBaylor
4/18/2006, 02:16 PM
I wish I went to OU. But I now know that if I would have gone straight from HS to OU, it would have kicked my butt, financially, and well... my studying habits weren't something to be desired. But now I know, and it doesnt hurt that Blinn is paying me to come to school here.

It took me about a year to really adjust to Baylor. I never had to try very hard in HS, and I didn't realize how truly lazy I was until I got to college. But you get over it and grow up.

And yes, Brenham is about 45 minutes - 1 hour from College Station. Ive gone a few times. Usually not much of a reason to go. We go shopping, but seeing as how I have no $$, that doesnt happen often.

You should get yourself a well to do boyfriend to take care of those things for you. :D Not an Aggie though, I'd avoid College Station like a leper colony.

What's your major?

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/18/2006, 02:29 PM
"Love, exciting and new. . ."

SicEmBaylor
4/18/2006, 02:44 PM
"Love, exciting and new. . ."
I didn't say me ;-). I've got enough on my plate at the moment...

crimsonrose
4/18/2006, 02:48 PM
Oh, I didnt take offense to ANY of it! I didnt go to HS here, or anything.

Blinn's program is a full program, with marching band and concert band. As I said earlier, we've started doing bigger and better things. We marched in the Houston Thanksgiving Parade. Sadly, weve never gone to any big games, because our football team always chokes in the last couple of games. TMEA (Texas Music Educators Association) has a junior college division, and Blinn College has the highest number of memebers in the TMEA junior college all-state band. During concert season, the Symphonic band goes on a huge tour all around the area, and we play for different high schools. We have gone on part of it, which consisted of a day, and we leave next week for a few days to perform several concerts a day all over.

We also have a pretty cool thing set up for music majors. Its set up in a way that all of our classes will transfer to a bigger university, so we can go right in and be a junior, without having to go back and take some classes.

Heh....You should try to convince Campbell into letting you write that on the website and all the flyers he passes out to the high schoolers...

Melo
4/18/2006, 02:50 PM
You should get yourself a well to do boyfriend to take care of those things for you. :D Not an Aggie though, I'd avoid College Station like a leper colony.

What's your major?

First off, I would NEVER expect my 'boyfriend' to pay for things for me. Thats crap. I mean, I appreciate it, I really do, but I dont think someone who is just a boyfriend should pay for things. I mean, if we were married, he better fork it over. :rolleyes:

Secondly (Heh) I havent had a boyfriend since my sophmore year of HS. Not going to start now. Because I am pretty sure when I decide to devote my time to someone, and set aside my priorities, its going to last for a long time. I dont want to waste my time on people who dont plan on taking me seriously. Which knocks out about 80% of the guys in my age range, right?

I'm not an aggie fan by ANY stretch of the imagination. BUT... I do like to go there to shop. It doesnt matter where the shopping is, I am a girl, and I like it.

I'm a music education major.

Melo
4/18/2006, 02:51 PM
Heh....You should try to convince Campbell into letting you write that on the website and all the flyers he passes out to the high schoolers...

Yea, except he hates me. Any person who calls my parents and tells hem I am on drugs hates me, and will not want to have anything to do with me.

I'm still mad about that, by the way.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

SoonerInKCMO
4/18/2006, 02:52 PM
I didn't say me ;-). I've got enough on my plate at the moment...

But the congressional race database could wait a while for a nice girl though, right? ;)

crimsonrose
4/18/2006, 02:55 PM
Yea, except he hates me. Any person who calls my parents and tells hem I am on drugs hates me, and will not want to have anything to do with me.

Dude....I don't blame you for still being mad...I would be too!

JohnnyMack
4/18/2006, 02:57 PM

So are you?

Melo
4/18/2006, 03:02 PM
So are you?

No, I am not on drugs. WHY would I do drugs? I dont have time to do drugs. I have too many things to accomplish.

JohnnyMack
4/18/2006, 03:04 PM
No, I am not on drugs. WHY would I do drugs? I dont have time to do drugs. I have too many things to accomplish.

Sounds like you need to slow down. Want a xanax?

Melo
4/18/2006, 03:05 PM
Sounds like you need to slow down. Want a xanax?

I dont know what xanax is, so no.

And I dont need to slow down. This is the final few weeks of school. I have finals, juries, recitals, tour, concerts. If I slow down, I fail. :)

JohnnyMack
4/18/2006, 03:07 PM

And I dont need to slow down. This is the final few weeks of school. I have finals, juries, recitals, tour, concerts. If I slow down, I fail. :)

**** you don't need a xanax, you need a 4 ft. water bong.

Melo
4/18/2006, 03:08 PM

*sigh* I'd love to understand that. I think I have an idea. :O

crimsonrose
4/18/2006, 03:09 PM

Heh! Sucks to be you!

1stTimeCaller
4/18/2006, 03:10 PM
I think the world would be a better place if everyone had a 4 foot water bong.

Melo
4/18/2006, 03:12 PM
Heh! Sucks to be you!

Well, you know what sucks to be you? I could name a few things. Things that this board shouldnt have to hear. So I'll stop right here. You just remember what I said. :)

On the flip side, youre coming to watch my recital. Your welcome.

Melo
4/18/2006, 03:12 PM
I think the world would be a better place if everyone had a 4 foot water bong.

So... is a water bong what I think it is?

crimsonrose
4/18/2006, 03:15 PM
Well, you know what sucks to be you? I could name a few things. Things that this board shouldnt have to hear. So I'll stop right here. You just remember what I said. :)

On the flip side, youre coming to watch my recital. Your welcome.

Heh..I'll get back to you on coming to see your recital. ;) Actually, you know I will probably be there.

Melo
4/18/2006, 03:17 PM
Heh..I'll get back to you on coming to see your recital. ;) Actually, you know I will probably be there.

You'll be there, and with bells on.

1stTimeCaller
4/18/2006, 03:20 PM
http://glass-pipes-water-bongs.com/newim/pyrex-bongs/glass-water-bong-1big.jpg

Melo
4/18/2006, 03:21 PM
Hmm...

crimsonrose
4/18/2006, 03:22 PM
You'll be there, and with bells on.

Heh! Don't tempt me!

Half a Hundred
4/18/2006, 03:31 PM

Who said these things have to be mutually exclusive???

That is, if you don't want to remember a damn thing for 12 hours.

:rolleyes:

Partial Qualifier
4/18/2006, 03:50 PM
So... is a water bong what I think it is?

Dont' act like you don't know ;)

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/18/2006, 04:44 PM
Dont' act like you don't know ;) "No bong, water pipe. . .Water PIPE." --Guy at Ziggyz

SicEmBaylor
4/18/2006, 06:35 PM
But the congressional race database could wait a while for a nice girl though, right? ;)

I'm willing to guess there would be no congressional race database if that were the case. :D