PDA

View Full Version : Nominate Your stupidest OU opponent quote evar!

goingoneight
4/17/2006, 10:19 PM
give quote and backup for those of us who are slow, or like to hear smartass commentary...

"One team may be the best team in college football and the other is a damn good football team," Miles said, following that with a dramatic pause. "We're going to play to see which is which."

Tell me he didn't really believe that.

"65-13, and then last year 12-0... ya-ow, I think we've shown signs of improvement on offense..."

I'll let you guess where that one came from...

OUGreg723
4/17/2006, 10:30 PM
Angry Lester with hat below his eyes 2004:

"THIS IS NOT WHAT WE PLANNED....THIS IS NOT WHAT WE WANTED...TODAY. THIS IS ONLY A MINOR SET BACK.......I LIKE THE FIGHT OF THIS BALL CLUB.....I'LL TAKE THIS TEAM AND WE'LL PLAY ANY SUCKERS IN THE COUNTRY!"

Les 2003:

"Let r' rip!"

Jason White's Third Knee
4/18/2006, 12:14 AM
I am gonna go with 'f'n hillbillies'. Nothing comes to mind that will trump that.... ever.

Big Red Ron
4/18/2006, 12:41 AM
It has not been a good year for Nebraska's first year head coach Bill Callahan. Callahan celebrated Saturday's loss to Oklahoma by calling Sooner fans "hillbillies", and chasing it with a nice expletive. Seriously, if you can't keep that hillbilly blast in your mouth, you are a mess. Callahan demands that his players keep their heads, and then he gets rattled by some smack talking college students. Don't sweat it, coach. If you can't avoid getting hooked by beered up fans or your west coast offense doesn't take , you can always fire up that second career as Beau Bridges stunt double. That's still an option.

Big Red Ron
4/18/2006, 12:45 AM
How about the fruit comment? After his first experiance with the tradition Orange toss.

Callihan. Total. Choad.

OUTrumpet
4/18/2006, 01:28 AM
paraphrased "I didn't do a cut throat!"

with big movie of Callahan doing the cutthroat saying "F*** it!" in the background

MiccoMacey
4/18/2006, 11:37 AM
"I thought we would win...I guess I'm clueless".

On the back of the shirt I'm wearing right now.

jmvac97
4/18/2006, 11:50 AM
The usual pregame hype that always surrounded this rivalry took on a new flavor, as the Nebraska players were talking big. Broderick Thomas told the Sooners that they would have to go through the Huskers, in Lincoln, to win the Big Eight and the national titles, and he also, "This is our house, and only we have the key." Tight end Tom Banderas predicted a 42-10 Huskers win.

http://www.soonerstats.com/fb/games/recap.cfm?GameID=881

1987 OU/NU

JohnnyMack
4/18/2006, 11:54 AM

1987 OU/NU

That may have been the best smack talking ever. That wasn't backed up that is.

The Consumate Showman
4/18/2006, 12:20 PM
"Let me answer that for Chris."

If you don't know, well.....

Pricetag
4/18/2006, 12:35 PM
Didn't Nebraska's QB, Steve Taylor, also throw out a "They can't play with us" before the 1987 game?

the_edge
4/18/2006, 12:48 PM
Quote:
The usual pregame hype that always surrounded this rivalry took on a new flavor, as the Nebraska players were talking big. Broderick Thomas told the Sooners that they would have to go through the Huskers, in Lincoln, to win the Big Eight and the national titles, and he also, "This is our house, and only we have the key." Tight end Tom Banderas predicted a 42-10 Huskers win.

1987 OU/NU

Didn't Nebraska's QB, Steve Taylor, also throw out a "They can't play with us" before the 1987 game?
Yeah, OU served up some serious crow during that game.

The Nebraska smack talk during game week was priceless.

KC//CRIMSON
4/18/2006, 02:15 PM
Author Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
NickZepp
Big Daddy
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1932 Posted: 17 September 2005 at 8:49pm | IP Logged

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This team isn't bad because of the youth or the talent. It's because of coaching. This team isn't coached well. I don't care what Bob Stoops has done. He can't do it anymore. He should be fired as soon as this year ends because this team isn't getting any better.

This UCLA team is BAD. They will finish near the bottom of the Pac 10 and win 6 or 7 games max. They are a MUCH better team then we are. It's that simple. Well coached teams don't fumble 7 times and have dumb plays like we had. I don't care how young you are. This team isn't well coached.

This OU team can't win anymore games. They just aren't good enough they don't have a defense and they don't have an offense that's consistant and aren't well coached. We can find a better coach then Stoops he's proven to be a bad coach the last few games it's pretty obvious now.

JohnnyMack
4/18/2006, 02:21 PM
NickZepp
Big Daddy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This team isn't bad because of the youth or the talent. It's because of coaching. This team isn't coached well. I don't care what Bob Stoops has done. He can't do it anymore. He should be fired as soon as this year ends because this team isn't getting any better.

This UCLA team is BAD. They will finish near the bottom of the Pac 10 and win 6 or 7 games max. They are a MUCH better team then we are. It's that simple. Well coached teams don't fumble 7 times and have dumb plays like we had. I don't care how young you are. This team isn't well coached.

This OU team can't win anymore games. They just aren't good enough they don't have a defense and they don't have an offense that's consistant and aren't well coached. We can find a better coach then Stoops he's proven to be a bad coach the last few games it's pretty obvious now.

That guy's a dumbass.

Collier11
4/18/2006, 02:35 PM
Who would say such a stupid *** thing, this guy obviously doesnt know anything about anything. Jackazz ;)

BOOMERBRADLEY
4/18/2006, 03:22 PM
Who put NickZepp back into green btw ?

picasso
4/18/2006, 03:52 PM
NickZepp
Big Daddy

funny. I talked to a former player over the weekend (Orange Bowl MVP '00) and he said our biggest problem last year was youth. he sees this season much like the '99 season with '07 perhaps being another year 2000.:)

stoopified
4/18/2006, 04:45 PM
"I thought we would win...I guess I'm clueless".

On the back of the shirt I'm wearing right now.
Bingo! My favorite Mack-ism.

XingTheRubicon
4/18/2006, 07:35 PM
You just made the list...

-Christopher Simms
and Francis (psycho)

badger
4/18/2006, 10:35 PM
goooooooooooooo raiders!

goingoneight
4/19/2006, 12:04 AM
goooooooooooooo raiders!

Not quite as stupid as--

OOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGEEEEEE POWER!!!

OUstud
4/19/2006, 08:49 PM
It wasn't really a quote, but does anyone remember the "noise pot" at the last game at Old GIA? That game was the very definition of "poke choke".

Jason White's Third Knee
4/19/2006, 09:52 PM
It wasn't really a quote, but does anyone remember the "noise pot" at the last game at Old GIA? That game was the very definition of "poke choke".

Noise pot? I had one of those this morning after my oatmeal.

OKC-SLC
4/19/2006, 11:42 PM
Noise pot? I had one of those this morning after my oatmeal.
maybe you should make it with water and not olive oil, eh?

BOOMERBRADLEY
4/20/2006, 08:30 AM
"I think we will hold Peterson under 100 yards"

-Some random OSU idiot in one my classes last year

......I laughed